dcsimg

"NEW" Bosch CSG15 – Bosch 1773AK 5" Surface Grinder Upgraded.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

this is what the front looks like, i broke down the speed bump last year but got too busy to fix this. This will be first on the list when warmer weather breaks out.

this is what the front looks like, i broke down the speed bump last year but got too busy to fix this. This will be first on the list when warmer weather breaks out.

Yeah thats pretty bad . Chip out or cut out that lose material . The bonding glue is a must for your cement product to stick . Does the garage floor raise up from that drain .

Always willing to learn .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Chip out or cut out that lose material .

Not just the loose material Take it all out until you get to good cement and then pour a patch with a proper expansion joint cut in so it won’t crack.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Not just the loose material Take it all out until you get to good cement and then pour a patch with a proper expansion joint cut in so it won’t crack.

sounds good i may have to have @utpoia78 take a quick look before i start.

@Skillman
    yes it does, but when i add to it, i wouldn’t mind angling it a little bit higher by a smidgen.

Doobie

That’s pretty bad. I thought mine was bad. Yours is awful.

Sometimes it’s simply better to remove completely and repour.

He could get by with patching until funds are there for him .

What would the savings be compared to doing it right?

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

It may be more of a PITA question
    …it may just be the picture, but there doesn’t appear to be much space to work.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

There should be enough space as it is the entrance to the garage. I’m not to worried about it, I’ll get to it once it gets warm enough to. I may drag @58chev to give me a hand.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Lots of room to work, @r-ice can you get a picture of the whole door area by standing in the driveway? That will give a better perspective of scope of work.
    PO had some stupid hump of cement to stop water from going into the garage. We put the drainage in a couple of years ago and that stopped the water issue. Now it’s time to tackle the entrance.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Lots of room to work, @r-ice can you get a picture of the whole door area by standing in the driveway? That will give a better perspective of scope of work.
    PO had some stupid hump of cement to stop water from going into the garage. We put the drainage in a couple of years ago and that stopped the water issue. Now it’s time to tackle the entrance.

i’ll get another photo later and will post it in a different thread so we don’t clutter this one up with the project i’ll start later.

Spend maybe $100 buck if it’s a small area to patch . Verses cutting or chopping up the slab . Pouring new cement the cost of removal . Plus if you have rent tools .

Doobie

Just a note for any future readers of this thread, the 1773AK 5in Concrete Surface Grinder has been officially discontinued and is no longer available per information brought forward in the “What are you saving up for” thread.

It has of course now also been removed from the rewards/prize list.

Doobie

Used my 1773AK today to give a consistent look to my driveway curb lip from a curb cut last fall. Took about 15mins to grind off a fresh face.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

That looks great. That must be a good combo not worrying about any silica dust.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I was really impressed with it when he had it activated. we managed to get some good video of @doobie running it with the extractor on and with the extractor off. As soon as the extractor hose was turned off you could see a huge cloud of dust emit from the dust port of the grinder. I’ll get working on the video and have that up and out soon enough. I am dissapointed when i went to redeem for it, that it was pulled from the list. I could definitely use it in an upcoming project. I may just have to experiment with the 4 1/2 inch grinding cup i am going to pick up next week for my grinder and see how well that works.

Doobie

OK. And be kind guys. Here I am when Aaron R-Ice came over to pick up some reclaimed fans I offered him where I said I would also demonstrate the 1773AK 5in Concrete surface grinder for him that unfortunately for him when he went to redeem for was discontinued and no longer available. I felt he deserved a demo. I also suggested he bring over his GoPro camera to get me in action using it. Unfortunately, he complied….Gulp!

While I didn’t need to perform this task at the present time, it was on my list of ‘to-do’s’ and I kinda knew from having used it, it wouldn’t take much time at all to accommodate this demo. Frankly I’m surprised it was done in under 10 minutes.

Basically, I had a curb cut done last fall to widen my driveway, but it looked awkward with a small portion looking clean and fresh and the rest looking old and raty. Using the 1773AK, I managed to give it a consistent look. The driveway mouth length is just shy of 20 feet or so.

I love this tool. I see a lot of uses for it that I considered dreaded tasks or ordeals in the past. I did already use it to freshen my garage concrete mouth as some may recall from earlier in this old thread. (Old pics of that added below).

While it is no longer available, search it out. Bosch has replaced it with a newer model, the CSG15, which has a bit more amperage oomph and better dust collection and ergonomics, but there could be some older models of the 1773AK out there that are a bargain and none should be weary of acquiring. You’ll see in the video how the dust collection is pretty darn good.

The abrasive cup used for it is the medium abrasive cup that came with it, but there are three other cups that Bosch makes for it. A fine, a course, and a finishing remover cup for it. I have all three, but have yet to use any of the other three.

Enjoy the video. Watch around the 4:20 mark (I think) where I do a quickie removal usage without the dust extractor. Ignore near the end where I talk about getting pinged by debris. Heheheheh! 😉

Btw, Thank you to R-Ice for taking the video and uploading it to YT. I’m still lost with that kind of stuff. 🙁

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@doobie, i think the final count was around 15 mins because i had to cut a short amount out due to us talking over the grinding or video that was unsuitable for the clip itself.

redwood
    Pro

I noticed that Kevin didn’t start with gloves, what other safety gear did you have.

The dust extraction is impressive. That is one of the few tools I have never used. Thanks guys.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

great video from you guys. you even added the knee pad later on 😛
    the dust collection works very well. I had the chance to try out the 9inch surface grinder at the world of concrete and not a single dust particle escaped.

@r-ice

you didn’t bring your VAC090 with you to demonstrate the combo bosch power ?! 😀

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.360 seconds