dcsimg

New Bosch angle finder GAM270 MFL

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Is anybody planning on getting one of those new Digital Angle Finder /and Inclinometer?
    They are listed on a few pages but like any other tool we are expecting not in stock yet.

I plan to buy one. Not sure yet which model, but certainly one of them.

I found both items pretty interesting at World Of Concrete but I don’t have much of a use for it. But I am definitely looking forward to any reviews or what our members have to say about it.
    If both of those items gonna hit the list…I might gonna pull the trigger on one.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The GAM’s are scheduled to be released this month and should be available very soon. The angle finder is also an excellent tool that saves a lot of time. Check back on this page to see when the Buy Now button is turned on.

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/inclinometer-and-angle-finders-23505-c/

Cheers,

Jim

Good to hear Jim. I’m definitely going to be trying one out…now to decide which!

@bethepro, will they be on the points list?

This will hit the top of my list with all the trim work I do.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

Is anybody planning on getting one of those new Digital Angle Finder /and Inclinometer?
    They are listed on a few pages but like any other tool we are expecting not in stock yet.

I don’t know. Some things I want to read off a scale or a bubble versus just having a number. I have been thinking about one of the digital levels though.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have been thinking about one of the digital levels though.

I got one of those off the list as well and really like it. With digital it is dead nuts level, with a bubble you have a bit of play depending on how you look at it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Doobie

I have been thinking about one of the digital levels though.

I got one of those off the list as well and really like it. With digital it is dead nuts level, with a bubble you have a bit of play depending on how you look at it.

How is it for seeing your reading in the bright sun?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

How is it for seeing your reading in the bright sun?

I have used it outdoors and have not had any trouble. It is black numerals on a silver background.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

We are working on getting both the GIM and GAM options available on the list.

Cheers,

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

glad you like it…that was also my main concern, visibility in bright sunlight.
    I have to check which model I would pick as soon as they hit the list

wow thats is awesome. great to see that you are trying to get them on the list

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Cheers,

Jim

Awesome! I can’t wait to get my hands on one!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

redwood
    Pro

I have a first generation of the digital angle finder, I wonder if I could trade it in as a museum piece.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

thanks jim, now that would be pretty cool to try out.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Cheers,

Jim

Very nice, Thank you Jim.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Cheers,

Jim

Man that Bosch GAM 220 MF Angle Measurer looks like a must have for me.. I love it’s features.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Man that Bosch GAM 220 MF Angle Measurer looks like a must have for me.. I love it’s features.

Yeah it has some nice upgrades over the current model. I am thinking of upgrading for the new features. Would be nice for trim work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

OLD THREAD WARNING.

Just got the GAM 270 MF angle/mitre finder/level/inclinometer last week. Thank you Jim and BTP! Forgot to mention that in the “I Got a Box” thread. Very nice tool. I hope to do a review of it in the not too distant future.

Here it is along side my Stabila 169-2 digital level. Not a biggee, but the Stabila goes down another decimal as one can see in one of the pics. The Bosch is heavier weight than I imagined. I think the Stabila actually weighs a bit less despite being almost twice as long, but the Bosch of course does more than the Stabila making it overall more usefull. I really like them both! The Bosch even has a 100 foot range built-in dot laser pointer.

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/inclinometer-and-angle-finders-gam-270-mfl-140461-p/

These are just cool levels. No more trying to stretch and see whether your bubble is spot on when in awkward situations. The Bosch miter function is really gonna shine cone doing crown molding with now being able to cut bevelled miters with the stock flat on the bed of my miter saw. That’s the feature that I just discovered recently that got my piggies off to market for it aside from having a second shorter digital level than my digital Stabila. I feel I have a real nice combo towork with now. I’ve been wanting to upgrade my standard cheapo levels for a long time and now I have. Thanks again Bosch for making a great tool.

wptski
    Pro

I have one! It seems by the build date of 04/2016, it’s the first batch and maybe the first to have a problem.

It has a memory function that will store one value. This works fine for a simple miter. Using the compound miter function for use on crown molding. If I set/store 38 deg as the spring angle, I’m able to use it and get the proper miter/bevel angles to use. The 38 deg value is still in its memory.

Now if I shut it off/on again, I can call up that 38 deg again to use. The thing is that this time it gets erased from memory! So one would have to dial in that 38 deg value over and over again.

In the manual there is a description on how to use the memory hold function on compound miters. It describes the angle value will flash/blink and SPR(spring angle) icon will flash, none of this happens.

There is a YouTube video about using an older DAF220 and all of flashing, blinking, etc. does happen but no videos on the GAM270MFL or even GAM220MF that shows actual use.

Purchased from Acme Tool less than a month ago but like a dummy, I tossed the box so I can’t return it and have to send it in to Bosch as a warranty repair. I talked to them yesterday and they never heard of this problem yet.

Doobie

I recently got that level too @wtpski but haven’t used those functions on it yet so I can’t offer any assistance. Let us know how it works out.

wptski
    Pro

I shipped it last week, received on Tuesday the 13th and a box came UPS today.

The one I sent wasn’t repaired but replaced with another one. The first one had a build date of 4/16 but the replacement has a build date of 11/15 which works perfectly as it should. Funny, this thread was started in April and it wasn’t for sale here yet. I know they probably build up stock before going on sale but back to 11/15??

Another thing I wondering if this was a fluke or are there more like in a batch since it was replaced with an earlier build date unit? If I hadn’t tossed the box, returned it to Acme Tools, replaced with another from stock, I wonder if it too would have the same issue?

Doobie

My build date is the same as the bad unit you had. I should check it out to see if it has the same problem yours had.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I shipped it last week, received on Tuesday the 13th and a box came UPS today.

Pretty fast service there. Glad they fixed the problem.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.058 seconds