dcsimg

New Bosch 4100-10 Table Saw

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

While looking at table saws to replace my no name, hand me down (beat to hell) table saw I noticed that Bosch had a new model of their 4100 on their web site.

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/table-saws-4100-10-199016-p/

Besides what looks like a refresh of the aesthetics, does anyone know what differences there might be between it and the 4100-09? I’m looking to buy during the annual Father’s Day sales coming up and I’m hoping a local retailer will have it in stock so I can take a look st it.

It appears to weigh two lbs less but that might just be due to a stand update.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I’m not seeing any real difference between them. Maybe @dadgineer has a little incite for us all.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

ToooGyuD just did a review of it.

https://toolguyd.com/tag/bosch-4100-10/

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

The article pretty much sums it up. I wasn’t involved in the project so….

Dadgineer
    Project Leader - Bosch Power Tools North America

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Doesn’t look like they did much to the saw. Updated the stand and changed the blade.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ToooGyuD just did a review of it.

https://toolguyd.com/tag/bosch-4100-10/

Thank you sir. Not sure how I missed that, I check out his site at least once a week.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

No difference at all to the 4100-09.
    Only:
    Different base (lighter)
    24t blade instead of 40t
    Different smart guard system (I believe)

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Doesn’t look like they did much to the saw. Updated the stand and changed the blade.

That’s what I saw, I wonder how stable it will be compared to the other one if the stand and saw are lighter in weight

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

That’s what I saw, I wonder how stable it will be compared to the other one if the stand and saw are lighter in weight

When I read the stand was lighter I immediately wondered about whether it was at the expense of durability.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

2lb difference.. i doubt that will compromise the durability much. if it were like 8 lbs maybe

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

2lb difference.. i doubt that will compromise the durability much. if it were like 8 lbs maybe

That’s all 2 lbs, definitely nothing to be worried about the way it can be unstable I guess.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That stand not very heavy to begin with. I do know it needs bigger wheels like the new Skil table saw.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

CB
    Pro

The article describes a researched shipping weight difference of over 14 lbs. between the heavier -09 and the lighter -10.

Where is the reference to the 2 lb difference in the stand, and where is the other 12 lb?

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

The article describes a researched shipping weight difference of over <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>14 lbs. between the heavier -09 and the lighter -10.

Where is the reference to the 2 lb difference in the stand, and where is the other 12 lb?

Maybe the boxing has changed?

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.137 seconds