dcsimg

New Bosch 4100-10 Table Saw

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

While looking at table saws to replace my no name, hand me down (beat to hell) table saw I noticed that Bosch had a new model of their 4100 on their web site.

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/table-saws-4100-10-199016-p/

Besides what looks like a refresh of the aesthetics, does anyone know what differences there might be between it and the 4100-09? I’m looking to buy during the annual Father’s Day sales coming up and I’m hoping a local retailer will have it in stock so I can take a look st it.

It appears to weigh two lbs less but that might just be due to a stand update.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I’m not seeing any real difference between them. Maybe @dadgineer has a little incite for us all.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

ToooGyuD just did a review of it.

https://toolguyd.com/tag/bosch-4100-10/

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

The article pretty much sums it up. I wasn’t involved in the project so….

Dadgineer
    Project Leader - Bosch Power Tools North America

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Doesn’t look like they did much to the saw. Updated the stand and changed the blade.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ToooGyuD just did a review of it.

https://toolguyd.com/tag/bosch-4100-10/

Thank you sir. Not sure how I missed that, I check out his site at least once a week.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

No difference at all to the 4100-09.
    Only:
    Different base (lighter)
    24t blade instead of 40t
    Different smart guard system (I believe)

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Doesn’t look like they did much to the saw. Updated the stand and changed the blade.

That’s what I saw, I wonder how stable it will be compared to the other one if the stand and saw are lighter in weight

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

That’s what I saw, I wonder how stable it will be compared to the other one if the stand and saw are lighter in weight

When I read the stand was lighter I immediately wondered about whether it was at the expense of durability.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

2lb difference.. i doubt that will compromise the durability much. if it were like 8 lbs maybe

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

2lb difference.. i doubt that will compromise the durability much. if it were like 8 lbs maybe

That’s all 2 lbs, definitely nothing to be worried about the way it can be unstable I guess.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That stand not very heavy to begin with. I do know it needs bigger wheels like the new Skil table saw.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

CB
    Pro

The article describes a researched shipping weight difference of over 14 lbs. between the heavier -09 and the lighter -10.

Where is the reference to the 2 lb difference in the stand, and where is the other 12 lb?

There are always two ways to do something.
    You can do it right... Or, you can do it again.
    Why do I always do it the second way? Twice?

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

The article describes a researched shipping weight difference of over <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>14 lbs. between the heavier -09 and the lighter -10.

Where is the reference to the 2 lb difference in the stand, and where is the other 12 lb?

Maybe the boxing has changed?

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.520 seconds