dcsimg

New Bosch 18v fast charger?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • Author

But if bosch gonna make one too, they gonna release it in europe first and we in NA are the last ones on earth who gonna see that item on the market.

Isn’t the new Energe? battery a 6.0Ah battery?

The new battery is a 6.3 with larger cells and is called EneRacer

I’ll wait for the next generation of EneRacers… should get to 9Ah or so on current tech. I dont want to be the ginnea pig for 0.3ah over what I can get with the established tech, especially until I know if existing tools benefit from the better power draw

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

So what is the advantage of the EneRacer battery over the regular battery?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Its for power hungry tools who need a bit more juice. angle grinder, impactor, circular saw etc

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I think it has the same battery as Metabo HD battery

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

But if bosch gonna make one too, they gonna release it in europe first and we in NA are the last ones on earth who gonna see that item on the market.

I’ll wait for the next generation of EneRacers… should get to 9Ah or so on current tech. I dont want to be the ginnea pig for 0.3ah over what I can get with the established tech, especially until I know if existing tools benefit from the better power draw

It’s hard to explain but there is more than just a .3 ah difference. It’s the way that the battery is able to discharge. The smaller cells have a harder time discharging as fast as the larger cells.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The smaller cells have a harder time discharging as fast as the larger cells.

So overall there is a “power” increase from the same Ah rating?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The smaller cells have a harder time discharging as fast as the larger cells.

So overall there is a “power” increase from the same Ah rating?

Technically, there is a greater capability to discharge, so if the tool can draw more power, it will.

Not every tool can benefit – bus some do show a power difference from the slim 2.0 to the fat 4.0. No idea if any of the existing tools will further benefit from the new style cells in the 6.3

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Not every tool can benefit –

Be interesting to see which tools will and which tools won’t benefit from the new EneRacer battery.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Not every tool can benefit –

Be interesting to see which tools will and which tools won’t benefit from the new EneRacer battery.

So far, of the tools I own, Ive only seen a benefit on the 1dh182 impact driver. No noticeable difference on the jigsaw, Sawzall, or circular saw. Might need to be brushless to benefit. I dont know
    Admittedly, its easier to notice with a drill type tool. Cant loosten a lug nut with a 2.0, switch to a 4 and it works. No idea how to measre with saws, but nothibg I notice

Same here, not an issue for me, the 4ah are working good so far,
    I think the next year will be a big Jump for the battery technology.
    They have made very good progress lately, will be interesting for see how they develop.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I think it has the same battery as Metabo HD battery

Thanks for showing the video – that was very interesting.
    yeah I think so too that those batteries are quite the same.
    And I had no clue that Metabo has sooo many tools.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Hangman
    Pro

These chargers are amazing optimized for the Core and Cool Pack batteries alike. They will come in separately, in tool kits, and as a 2 Core Battery Kit with the charger. These fast charge 1ah every 8 minutes so a Core is charged fully in 55 minutes! These are an amazing advance, I couldn’t be happier with the performance…and they look stylish!

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

Attachments:
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

The new BC1880 are included in all new core starter kits, and core + tool kits to accommondate the best and optimum charging time.

I have the BC3680 and charge my 36V and 18V batteries with it, it’s also a fast charger.

Very nice Picture @Hangman

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The new BC1880 are included in all new core starter kits, and core + tool kits to accommondate the best and optimum charging time.

So the new BC1880 is the recommended charger for the CORE even though the older chargers will work. How long does the BC1880 take to charge a CORE battery?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

So the new BC1880 is the recommended charger for the CORE even though the older chargers will work. How long does the BC1880 take to charge a CORE battery?

Yes it’s the recommended “fast charger” for the core. Other will work too but it takes much longer and you don’t have any cooling when it’s not a fast charger. Besides of the older fast charger, the BC630…But I assume Bosch upgrade the electronics for the new BC1880.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Yes it’s the recommended “fast charger” for the core. Other will work too but it takes much longer and you don’t have any cooling when it’s not a fast charger. Besides of the older fast charger, the BC630…But I assume Bosch upgrade the electronics for the new BC1880.

These chargers are amazing optimized for the Core and Cool Pack batteries alike. They will come in separately, in tool kits, and as a 2 Core Battery Kit with the charger. These fast charge 1ah every 8 minutes so a Core is charged fully in 55 minutes! These are an amazing advance, I couldn’t be happier with the performance…and they look stylish!

very nice picture , is that your L box with the light , welcome to Btp

Alex I have both those chargers , both do a very good job on charging the regular 4ah battery packs , I am definitely looking forward to seeing how they will do when I eventually do get a core battery

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yes the BC1880 is the recommended charger for the new battery. It charges it very very fast.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I have this charger and am am super pleased with it since I only had the slower chargers beforehand.

Taken from the Bosch Website on the BC1880 18V Charger

“The Bosch BC1880 18V Fast Charger gets the user power ready in a hurry. It can fully charge a spent 18V 6.0 Ah battery in 55 minutes and 18V 2.0 Ah SlimPack battery in 25 minutes. It has fast-charging, so that it can charge the 6.0 Ah battery to 80 percent in only 35 minutes and the 2.0 Ah battery to 80 percent in just 15 minutes. This charger was designed with battery-protection systems. One is the regulated dual-mode charge – the first 80 percent of the charging is very fast, while the remaining 20 percent is in long-life mode. Another is a cooling fan to preclude cell overheating while charging. Compatible with all Bosch 18V SlimPack and FatPack Lithium-Ion batteries, this charger allows users of the Bosch Flexible Power System to use (with little downtime) a wide variety of powerful tools – drill drivers, impactors, reciprocating saws, circular saws, oscillating tools and more. The BC1880 provides a charging status indicator”.

“Bosch BC1880 18V Fast Charger can charge a spent CORE18V to 80% in 41 minutes and to 100% in 55 minutes”

A Working Pro since 2004

Hangman
    Pro

As I said above the Bosch BC660 chargers at a rate of 1ah every 8 minutes! It comes with the Core Dual Battery Kit, also I just got the DDH180-1 kit with 4.0ah batteries and it came with the BC660 as the charger. It topped off the 4.0ah batteries fully in under 20 minutes, honestly it seems faster than advertised. Either way I’m just enthralled by the new charger…and it’s more stylish. It’s definitely a Goliath size wise though it still fits in the L-BOXX charger allotted slots. The cooling fans sure do there job pulling air through the unit, obviously that account for the larger casing.

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

As I said above the Bosch BC660 chargers at a rate of 1ah every 8 minutes! It comes with the Core Dual Battery Kit

@Hangman

Wait what? then you must received a charger from the old inventory. all core kits should come with the new BC1880 charger.

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/batteries-gxs18v-02n24-178203-p/

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.490 seconds