dcsimg

New Bosch 18v fast charger?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

Has anyone noticed that the new Bosch 36V charger (BC3680)? It not only charge the 36V battery, but it also charge 18V battery. It would be a great charger, if you happen to have two different battery platform.

Link to the charger: https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/new-products-bc3680-140346-p/

Hey @rylim how have you been?

It´s a great idea ideed, and actually the BC3680 is able to charge 14,4, 18 and 36v batteries.
    Imagine one charger with the option to charge all of those above plus 12v!
    A radio to charge and run off all of those would be great too.
    What batteries do you use most? 36v? 18v?
    For different tasks, different batteries and power and so on.
    Again, hopefully the good ideas here and discussions about improvements will be heard for Bosch.
    Fingers crossed!

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Hey @bbernardesjr87

I have been busy with my works, therefore you might barely see me in this forum. What about you?

Yeah, it is a great ideal, as it covers the wide-ranging of battery platform, but unfortunately not the 12V.

Back to 3 years ago, I did submit my idea to Bosch that one charger will charge all different kind of battery from Ni-Cad to Lithium Ion.

The batteries I use the most is 18V, I have about 10 of them sitting on my shelf.

Perhaps Bosch could come out an adapter for 12V battery, so that it could charge on the 18V charger.

I know that here in the shop, they have the 12 volt multiple charging ports chargers from Milwaukee
    Because we have numerous people using any number of tools all around the same time, so definitely makes it easy to have fresh batteries when needed.
    I wonder if this is why Bosch came out with the wireless charger.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Has anyone noticed that the new Bosch 36V charger (BC3680)? It not only charge the 36V battery, but it also charge 18V battery. It would be a great charger, if you happen to have two different battery platform.

Link to the charger: https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/new-products-bc3680-140346-p/

Yup its a fast charger for both battery lines – 18V and 36V.
    The 18V batteries fit very good on it but the 36V sit quite “loose” in there.
    So don’t bump against the charger, table or where ever you have it on.
    Battery moves and it stops the charging cycle.
    That was the reason why I actually purchased the BC3680 to have a fast charger for my 18V batteries and finally a charger for my new 36V line/batteries, which I recently got.
    I’ve been told, it’s the best current charger from Bosch.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Has anyone noticed that the new Bosch 36V charger (BC3680)? It not only charge the 36V battery, but it also charge 18V battery.

I had not noticed that but Thank you for finding it. Looks like a fast charger solution for the 18V

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s a great fast charging solution. May pick one up since I’ve been eying some of the 36v tools. Too bad it’s so expensive – $79 is what I could find.

I wonder if the new 18v fast charger (BC1880) will be any cheaper when they finally release it.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I wish they though about having the 12 v charger on it too would of been more convenient. Also they should Def make multi charger station that has 12 and 18v and wireless charging in one pack even putting aa and aaa battery charger on it won’t hurt since some of the tools we have uses aaa or aa I carry around another charger just for batteries. So there is lot of charger laying around

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Has anyone noticed that the new Bosch 36V charger (BC3680)? It not only charge the 36V battery, but it also charge 18V battery.

I had not noticed that but Thank you for finding it. Looks like a fast charger solution for the 18V

Bosch secretly launched it in North America.

That’s a great fast charging solution. May pick one up since I’ve been eying some of the 36v tools. Too bad it’s so expensive – $79 is what I could find.

I wonder if the new 18v fast charger (BC1880) will be any cheaper when they finally release it.

The BC1880 is about $10 cheaper than the BC3680.

BC1880 : $ 68.72
    https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-BC1880-Lithium-Ion-Battery-Charger/dp/B01HD3SS5A
    BC3680 : $79.00
    https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-BC3680-Lithium-Ion-Battery-Charger/dp/B01CG974GU/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1473492639&sr=1-1&keywords=BC3680

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks for us 18V only guys the BC1880 is the way to go.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Just get the BC3680 and you gonna be covered IF you ever gonna go with the 36V line. I got mine for 61 USD. Should be here in the next few week. (between 14th and 19th)

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Just get the BC3680 and you gonna be covered IF you ever gonna go with the 36V line. I got mine for 61 USD. Should be here in the next few week. (between 14th and 19th)

I do have a couple of 36V tools that do take forever to charge it seems. Will Bosch release a 12V fast charger soon for NA?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I do have a couple of 36V tools that do take forever to charge it seems. Will Bosch release a 12V fast charger soon for NA?

How long does yours take? Mine take 45 minutes for fully charged.

Yeah, they might release 12V fast charger along with 12V 6.0Ah battery

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Well only if they brought it up to code. They stopped the BC430 because of new energy laws in 2013.

Where did you get that information from? (just curious)

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Well only if they brought it up to code. They stopped the BC430 because of new energy laws in 2013.

Where did you get that information from? (just curious)

I was just guessing, as Milwaukee has launched the 6.0Ah battery. Therefore, I feel that Bosch will definitely catch up; don’t you think so?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

A 6.0Ah 12V battery, man only if is the same size as the 4.0 or you start losing the 12V line advantage.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

A 6.0Ah 12V battery, man only if is the same size as the 4.0 or you start losing the 12V line advantage.

Yes the posibility of the same size is there. Milwaukees 6 is the same size as their 4. I would be more interested in a small 3ah. If i could I would just buy all 2.5 ah ones that are out but they are 50 bucks a pop and the 2ah you can get for half that

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I was just guessing, as Milwaukee has launched the 6.0Ah battery. Therefore, I feel that Bosch will definitely catch up; don’t you think so?

yeah I seen the battery from team red. But if bosch gonna make one too, they gonna release it in europe first and we in NA are the last ones on earth who gonna see that item on the market.
    Well, we can still order from overseas.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

yeah I seen the battery from team red. But if bosch gonna make one too, they gonna release it in europe first and we in NA are the last ones on earth who gonna see that item on the market.
    Well, we can still order from overseas.

yah if it hasn’t seen light of day yet, if they do release one it’ll be a far ways out. The other companies may have tons of ideas they are pursuing but it doesn’t look like bosch is headed in the same direction, just look at the reaxx, other than saw stop no one else has this tech.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

But if bosch gonna make one too, they gonna release it in europe first and we in NA are the last ones on earth who gonna see that item on the market.

Isn’t the new Energe? battery a 6.0Ah battery?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

But if bosch gonna make one too, they gonna release it in europe first and we in NA are the last ones on earth who gonna see that item on the market.

Isn’t the new Energe? battery a 6.0Ah battery?

The new battery is a 6.3 with larger cells and is called EneRacer

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.437 seconds