dcsimg

New Bosch 18v fast charger?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow this thing has some serious power output. If it can do 80% of 6AH in 35 minutes we are looking at 10 amp or so, 630 is only 6 amp for comparison.

Those are some impressive specs. Wonder when we will see it NA.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

You Def don’t wanna put the battery in fcharge right after you finish using it. When you discharge the battery it heats up as you charging it heats up more what kills the lithium ion is heat I realize this after using my 18v grinder realized batteries get hot in less then 5 minuets of use so try to keep them cool guys even though we have the cool pack battery is battery

I can’t believe your still worrying about this?

need a cooling fan like my Makita have

I had smart chargers for years now.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

You Def don’t wanna put the battery in fcharge right after you finish using it. When you discharge the battery it heats up as you charging it heats up more what kills the lithium ion is heat I realize this after using my 18v grinder realized batteries get hot in less then 5 minuets of use so try to keep them cool guys even though we have the cool pack battery is battery

Heat dissipation is the exact reason these chargers need a cooling fan like my Makita have…no worry about hot batteries on the charger because it’s smart enough not to push any juice into it until the fan has cooled the pack.

The fan on 630 is pretty dinky, sometimes I use a small table fan to cool while charging and it makes a big difference in battery temp, at least on the outside.

Heat dissipation is the exact reason these chargers need a cooling fan like my Makita have…no worry about hot batteries on the charger because it’s smart enough not to push any juice into it until the fan has cooled the pack.

The fan on 630 is pretty dinky, sometimes I use a small table fan to cool while charging and it makes a big difference in battery temp, at least on the outside.

I find that the little fan on the 630 helps cool the charger itself. That’s one of the things with the Bosch chargers, they get pretty warm on the underside and release a bit of that funny new electronics smell when they’re warm. The fan is also pulling air through the ventilation channels in the pack which I suspect is much more effective than some of the other charger designs (from other companies) given that those are the same vents that the tools pull air through during operation as well.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Yeah it’s definitely better than nothing. Hopefully this new charger has a stronger fan consider it has 70% more output than 630.

Yeah it’s definitely better than nothing. Hopefully this new charger has a stronger fan consider it has 70% more output than 630.

I do too. I’m worried that one of the changes was removal of the fan to get the size down.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I do too. I’m worried that one of the changes was removal of the fan to get the size down.

I should get one and take it apart to see like a side by side comparison

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

ozturkebrahem wrote:

I can’t believe your still worrying about this?

I believe the Bosch charger will not start charging the battery if it is too hot or too cold. The charger has circuitry to determine if the battery is the right temp to take a charge.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

I believe the Bosch charger will not start charging the battery if it is too hot or too cold. The charger has circuitry to determine if the battery is the right temp to take a charge.

I just discovered my recently acquired laser measure is like that. Left it out in the sun for a while and it showed a thermometer on its display indicating it was too hot to function.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I just discovered my recently acquired laser measure is like that. Left it out in the sun for a while and it showed a thermometer on its display indicating it was too hot to function.

Lithium rechargeable battery powered?

Most cell phones do that as well. I assumed it was to protect the electronics but it could be to save the battery.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Most cell phones do that as well. I assumed it was to protect the electronics but it could be to save the battery.

I think it is for the battery. Heat is a battery’s enemy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

LIon battery packs have a thermo sensor and it is active in the tool and the charger if I understand what I have read correctly. If they overheat they basically shut down to prevent damage, and will come on again when the temperature is safe.

The last four words in your post describes me the last few days…..Too hot to function….lol….I wish….

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

I agree that is super cool and handy, having a fast charger, but would be ever nicer for those guys like us, which posses more than 5 batteries, 18v and 12v, a fast charger with more bays like that Milwaukee.
    Commonly we see around other brands with 2 bay charger.
    The wireless charging technology is AWESOME, but at the job site, we always need fresh fully charged batteries, take the 6.0Ah now for example, it takes some time to charge and soon we all will be having bigger batteries…so I think you guys get my point.
    The BC1880 and BC3680 chargers are good, but imagine them with more bays, charging like 4 or more 12v and 18v batteries at the same time.

I agree that is super cool and handy, having a fast charger, but would be ever nicer for those guys like us, which posses more than 5 batteries, 18v and 12v, a fast charger with more bays like that Milwaukee.
    Commonly we see around other brands with 2 bay charger.
    The wireless charging technology is AWESOME, but at the job site, we always need fresh fully charged batteries, take the 6.0Ah now for example, it takes some time to charge and soon we all will be having bigger batteries…so I think you guys get my point.
    The BC1880 and BC3680 chargers are good, but imagine them with more bays, charging like 4 or more 12v and 18v batteries at the same time.

Yes, I wish they do come out with at least a dual Bay charger,
    But a multi charger would be great. Bosch had an older ni-cad version, don’t know why they didn’t keep it for the lithium.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hopefully Bosch is working on a solution that involves faster charging and multiple batteries charging at the same time. This has to be addressed as the batteries get bigger and bigger and more cordless tools being used in the workplace.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Hopefully Bosch is working on a solution that involves faster charging and multiple batteries charging at the same time. This has to be addressed as the batteries get bigger and bigger and more cordless tools being used in the workplace.

That definitely makes sense. I can imagine its a PITA to carry around multiple charger from job site to job site. Ok they can be left in the lboxx or so but still, a multiple bay charging station would be great from bosch.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

The multiple chargers are nice, I really like the idea Milwaukee has by putting a 12v charger on the 18v. I wish bosch did that.

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

The multiple chargers are nice, I really like the idea Milwaukee has by putting a 12v charger on the 18v. I wish bosch did that.

Hey @austin fingers crossed to Bosch hear our claims.
    I have a foreboding that they are already taking care of many things are discussed by us.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Has anyone noticed that the new Bosch 36V charger (BC3680)? It not only charge the 36V battery, but it also charge 18V battery. It would be a great charger, if you happen to have two different battery platform.

Link to the charger: https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/new-products-bc3680-140346-p/

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.425 seconds