dcsimg

New Bosch 18v fast charger?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 90 total)
  • Author

I was browsing the Bosch site and ran across the BC1880. I’m guessing it’s a replacement for the BC630. It seems to have fewer lights and come in a more compact package.

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/chargers-bc1880-146184-p/

I wish Bosch would show a comparison of capabilities. The BC630 page is a little vague.

Anyone seen or heard of it? I don’t see it available for sale yet.

@onecaribou

That’s one of the formerly NAINA chargers along with the BC3680. I think they’re a newer generation of fast chargers compared to the older BC630 and BC1836 that we’re familiar with. I believe the reason for the new model is fast charging the 6ah and other high capacity cells that will come in the future.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

So does that mean they are going to start putting these in kits here. I would be nice to get a charger that charges more than 1 battery.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Faster is always better when charging batteries. we typically do not go through that many batteries however. once in a while if we are using the grinder, blower or hammer drill a lot we can push the chargerrs to the limit, but with enough batteries, it is hard to get there.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

faster is always good but will it run through the life cycles of the battery faster as well?

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

faster is always good but will it run through the life cycles of the battery faster as well?

No…they are built to tolerate the faster charging cycles.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Looks nice, smaller chargers are always welcome,

Now they just need to make a multi port charger,

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Well if they release this in Europe next year we might see it here in like 5 years lol.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Well if they release this in Europe next year we might see it here in like 5 years lol.

i wouldn’t mind having a 18volt plus 12 volt fast charger, that would be the way to go, having 3 of each in a decent sized footprint.

Doobie

Are there wall mount eyelits on this one? One of my peeves about my Bosch chargers.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

i wouldn’t mind having a 18volt plus 12 volt fast charger, that would be the way to go, having 3 of each in a decent sized footprint.

Are you talking about like the Milwaukee ones that will charge both a 12v and 18. That’s genius. I have thought about getting some m12 stuff just because I don’t have to carry another charger.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Bosch needs to come out with a multi port charger like the big milwaukee one that I have

View post on imgur.com

but with enough batteries, it is hard to get there.

The run time for my batteries is always longer than charge time. Having a couple of spares takes care of that problem as Kurt suggests. With that said and taking into account larger batteries, a fast charge helps you manage the process easier so bring it on.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Wow this thing has some serious power output. If it can do 80% of 6AH in 35 minutes we are looking at 10 amp or so, 630 is only 6 amp for comparison.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Someone let Jim know we need couple battery charger in one pack. bosch needs to step up there game with couple stuff cuz some other tool companies out with new stuff we Def need 4 charger holder in one pack so it’s more organize rather and we need tools that has 2 x18v battery versions rather then diffrent battery format.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You Def don’t wanna put the battery in fcharge right after you finish using it. When you discharge the battery it heats up as you charging it heats up more what kills the lithium ion is heat I realize this after using my 18v grinder realized batteries get hot in less then 5 minuets of use so try to keep them cool guys even though we have the cool pack battery is battery

@ozturkebrahem

Wow, that’s quite the collection of battery packs there. Too bad Bosch doesn’t make some kind of multiport bulk charger, cycling through all of those definitely will prolong the life of your batteries.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

By the charging times it looks about the same as the BC630. I have a 630 and 2- 660s I never use the 660s.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Bosch needs to come out with a multi port charger like the big milwaukee one that I have

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>
    <iframe allowfullscreen=”true” mozallowfullscreen=”true” webkitallowfullscreen=”true” class=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub imgur-embed-iframe-pub-jGcseTb-true-422″ scrolling=”no” src=”http://imgur.com/jGcseTb/embed?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fbethepro.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2Fnew-bosch-18v-fast-charger%2F&w=422&#8243; id=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub-jGcseTb” style=”height: 500px; width: 422px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px;”></iframe>
    <script async=”” src=”//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
    </figure>

that is exactly what i am talking about, when you have a collection of batteries i want to shorten the time i stand around waiting for things to be finished and swapping them out.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

You Def don’t wanna put the battery in fcharge right after you finish using it. When you discharge the battery it heats up as you charging it heats up more what kills the lithium ion is heat I realize this after using my 18v grinder realized batteries get hot in less then 5 minuets of use so try to keep them cool guys even though we have the cool pack battery is battery

Heat dissipation is the exact reason these chargers need a cooling fan like my Makita have…no worry about hot batteries on the charger because it’s smart enough not to push any juice into it until the fan has cooled the pack.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.321 seconds