dcsimg

NEW Bosch 18V Cordless Portable Vacuum Review – BTP Review

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 250 total)
  • Author
    redwood
    Pro

I’ve been giving some thought to the 18V vac for the house that we’re going to be moving into. It’s 2600 sq ft of hard surface floors between the two levels. You guys that have the 18V vac, would you say it would do a good job of keeping the floors clean through the whole house or would you still use a regular vac? I’m thinking a cordless option like this would be so much more convenient than hauling around a vac with a cord.

I think it’s fantastic for hard surfaces. It’s all my son and I used when we were trying to keep the house clean during the sale. The lady of the house preferred her full size vac though. She is much more resistant to change.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

redwood
    Pro

On a side note, I did find a hose that fits the 18V Bosch vac. During the move and cleanup, we had a boneyard of vacuum parts and lo and behold, I found a hose that fit it. Unfortunately, I don’t know what vac the hose came from.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

woodman_412

Sounds like it would work pretty good for the new house then. I looked up the specs today and according to what I found the 18V vac has 40 CFM which is pretty decent for a cordless. I think I’ll keep an eye out on the price on amazon.ca and see if it drops at all and maybe pick one up.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Dan I would think that 18V vac would be perfect for the hardwood floors in your house.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

I was just looking at this unit on Amazon.ca and they are asking 170$. I thought this was a 100$ unit ?

Any help out there…

redwood
    Pro

When I bought mine, the vac was listed at multiple prices. I think even the same vendor had multiple prices. I paid $ 122 with no battery. But I still love it.

Edit, I just checked and when I clicked on my order it pulled up this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KGQAN3C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

Cheaper then I paid, but this is a different vendor. Still Amazon prime though.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

When I bought mine, the vac was listed at multiple prices. I think even the same vendor had multiple prices. I paid $ 122 with no battery. But I still love it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KGQAN3C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

Same with eBay. Lots of prices, only a couple of different vendors. Haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Still hoping for an Lboxx friendly version

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boy that’s a nice price for a nice sweeper.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

@Redwood

I saw that also, but Amazon. con not CA

Once you add DHL shipping and brokerage charges and the exchange rate to that, there would be no savings.

The misserable Canuck buck is just .75 cents to the Merican dollar.

All the big shipping companies charge the heck out of you to bring things north of the border. Another rant…..

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@Redwood

I saw that also, but Amazon. con not CA

Once you add DHL shipping and brokerage charges and the exchange rate to that, there would be no savings.

The misserable Canuck buck is just .75 cents to the Merican dollar.

All the big shipping companies charge the heck out of you to bring things north of the border. Another rant…..

its dropped so low, I can’t really justify buying anything cross border right now. its just gotten to the point where I was trying to buy a graver from the states and in order to bring it over here the exchange was like 600 dollars on top and not even including shipping or duty at that point.

Just paid $130 including express shipping from Amazon Canada. Should have it by the end of the week….

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The misserable Canuck buck is just .75 cents to the American dollar.

I fixed it for you.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

The misserable Canuck buck is just .75 cents to the American dollar.

I fixed it for you.

well the dollar is good for Canadian businesses. When the dollar went on par it ruined many businesses as the companies in the US started looking elsewhere. It’ll be hard for regular joes to justify buying anything in the states

Picked up the 18v vac and gave it a try before my wife claimed it for herself.

Crazy powerful for the size – and better than my central vac even. About the same as a small (but good) plug in shop vac.

Going to want another one for my shop, and for use in my car and camper

Quick sawdust (router leavings mostly) pickup was no issue, and the filter remained clean. I think its got a cleanable/non-stick thing going on, so I doubt I will need a replacement filter anytime soon

Came with the wand and attachments, but Im keeping them clean at my wife’s request

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

How does the vacuum compared to Dyson Vacuum ? I

No clue. Never tried a Dyson

Its at least similar to an Electrolux canister and a central vac

Just paid $130 including express shipping from Amazon Canada. Should have it by the end of the week….

Humm that doesn’t seem to bad. So it came with all the attachment pieces, just no battery and charger.

Do you happen to have the links.

Just checked Marks link, that’s the. Com did you get it from. CA

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

When my order comes in I will tell you.

I bought a handheld Dyson about 5 years ago and liked it very much. A month ago it started acting up. I called the Dyson service line and was on hold for ever then left my phone # for call back, well a week has gone by with no follow up. My wife called many repair shops and no one will service them.

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

That’s on my wish list, or xmass wish

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Picked up the 18v vac and gave it a try before my wife claimed it for herself.

Crazy powerful for the size – and better than my central vac even. About the same as a small (but good) plug in shop vac.

That’s quite impressive, going to have to add it to my amazon wishlist.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 250 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.599 seconds