dcsimg

NEW Bosch 18V Cordless Portable Vacuum Review – BTP Review

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 250 total)
  • Author
    Jummul
    Pro

Oh and don’t forget the wormdrives in US. Would LOVE to have them on 230v..

woodman_412

I just noticed that amazon.ca is now selling the 18v Bosch vacs. It’s great to see that they are finally available in Canada. If I didn’t already have the 12v I would be tempted to order one.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00KGQAN3C/ref=mp_s_a_1_17?qid=1429385424&sr=8-17&pi=SL75&keywords=Bosch+vacuum

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

If I didn’t already have the 12v I would be tempted to order one.

The 18V vac is really nice to sweep the floor. Much faster and picks up a lot more that a broom. plus you standing up when using it. The 12V is nice for quick cleanups but the 18V is a completely different animal and is a cordless power broom that can be used to really clean the shop at the end of the day.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

If I didn’t already have the 12v I would be tempted to order one.

The 18V vac is really nice to sweep the floor. Much faster and picks up a lot more that a broom. plus you standing up when using it. The 12V is nice for quick cleanups but the 18V is a completely different animal and is a cordless power broom that can be used to really clean the shop at the end of the day.

That’s true Bill. If it wasn’t for the fact that I recently dropped some decent coin on the Bosch dust extractor I think I would go for the 18v. I don’t think there is anything left in the vacuum budget for awhile 🙂

Dan

danpattison.com

Jummul
    Pro

Really considering this now. My wife complained on the fact that I use her dustbuster all the time “I got it for my birthday!” so I’m looking at either this or a decent shopvac. I think I won’t really need the power of the shopvac so this will be perfect.

@Moze
    how do you like it after this time? Does the filter need replacing yet? Can you clean the filter with water? Would love to know.

I’m also looking at the earlier mentioned German thread (https://www.bosch-professional.com/de/de/community/category/gas-18-v-li-projekt-x/242711-t) and am really considering following up on some of his hacks. Especially hooking it up to DC attachments (for the rotary hammer instance) is something I’d love.
    (btw, the guy also retrofitted an 18V battery on Bosch’s 24v miter saw)

It’s currently 89 dollars with free shipping, not bad. But I’ve read that it won’t come to EU or NA due to regulations issues so I’m wondering what’s wrong with it. Perhaps the filter isn’t qualified enough?

EDIT: after going through all the german pages I’ve found the reason why this isn;t offered in EU or NA. To label it as ‘professional’ the filter must meet a certain standard. And it doesn’t.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

after going through all the german pages I’ve found the reason why this isn;t offered in EU or NA. To label it as ‘professional’ the filter must meet a certain standard. And it doesn’t.

Interesting as to the reason some things do not get released in NA. Just because Bosch makes it does mean that they can produce more and release it to NA. Lots of other issues such as voltages, Hz, regulatory issues. It is almost like once they have the idea for a base tool each region needs its own design.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Jummul
    Pro

If you look at page 6 or 7 on the site I linked a member also speculates that because the standards in Korea are lower (they expect less from a tool because it isn’t used sucking concrete dust all day) it’s easier to sell it without negative publicity. Same goes for the GSS 18v sander probably, and the cordless miter saw maybe even.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

If you look at page 6 or 7 on the site I linked a member also speculates that because the standards in Korea are lower (they expect less from a tool because it isn’t used sucking concrete dust all day) it’s easier to sell it without negative publicity. Same goes for the GSS 18v sander probably, and the cordless miter saw maybe even.

Concrete dust and mortar dust can be a real show stopper!

A Working Pro since 2004

Jummul
    Pro

Concrete dust and mortar dust can be a real show stopper!

Mortar dust too? Mortar is the stuff between bricks right?

I figured I would be fine because I don’t really have concrete to drill anytime soon. But my house is mostly brick masonry..

redwood
    Pro

I have now used my 18V Vac quite a bit and have no issues with it yet. I doubt that it was intended to vac up concrete dust all day, but I have vacuumed some of it and it did just fine.

The filter is pretty easy to clean and I have had no need to replace it yet, but I should look for one. I haven’t had a need to wash it yet. I just take my 18V blower and blow it through the filter after I have lightly brushed everything else.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

redwood
    Pro

good little vacuum. too bad we cannot buy it

But you can, I got mine on Amazon and they are on Ebay.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Really considering this now. My wife complained on the fact that I use her dustbuster all the time “I got it for my birthday!” so I’m looking at either this or a decent shopvac. I think I won’t really need the power of the shopvac so this will be perfect.

@Moze how do you like it after this time? Does the filter need replacing yet? Can you clean the filter with water? Would love to know.

I’m also looking at the earlier mentioned German thread (https://www.bosch-professional.com/de/de/community/category/gas-18-v-li-projekt-x/242711-t) and am really considering following up on some of his hacks. Especially hooking it up to DC attachments (for the rotary hammer instance) is something I’d love.

It’s currently 89 dollars with free shipping, not bad. But I’ve read that it won’t come to EU or NA due to regulations issues so I’m wondering what’s wrong with it. Perhaps the filter isn’t qualified enough?

EDIT: after going through all the german pages I’ve found the reason why this isn;t offered in EU or NA. To label it as ‘professional’ the filter must meet a certain standard. And it doesn’t.

@jummul
    I’m still happy with it but honestly it’s been relegated to light duty use around the house: doing a quick vac on the bare floors, keeping the pet hair up in the dogs room, catching the rare bug that gets in the house.

The DeWalt just serves my purposes better for work, but the Bosch is still a great vacuum.

I haven’t had to do anything with the filter other than bang it off.

Resident Sign Guy

Jummul
    Pro

@Moze how do you like it after this time? Does the filter need replacing yet? Can you clean the filter with water? Would love to know.

@jummul I’m still happy with it but honestly it’s been relegated to light duty use around the house: doing a quick vac on the bare floors, keeping the pet hair up in the dogs room, catching the rare bug that gets in the house.

The DeWalt just serves my purposes better for work, but the Bosch is still a great vacuum.

Thanks!

I’m bummed out to hear about your lack of use for the vac. I wanted it mainly to clean up all kinds of debris during jobs in and around the house-> big or small jobs. But this makes me wonder if it’s up for the task.

In what way is the DeWalt better?

@Jummul There’s another thread on the Bosch Germany forums where HIGW65 retrofits it with a better filter stack. I don’t really understand why they couldn’t bring it over as part of the “blue” line of tools if they fitted a different filter onto it with better media.

The filter stack:

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

But this makes me wonder if it’s up for the task.

It is up to the task, it is just what vac best fits the intended use. The Bosch vac is better used like a stick vacuum for cleaning large areas.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Moze
    Dallas, TX

@jummul I’m still happy with it but honestly it’s been relegated to light duty use around the house: doing a quick vac on the bare floors, keeping the pet hair up in the dogs room, catching the rare bug that gets in the house.

Thanks!

I’m bummed out to hear about your lack of use for the vac. I wanted it mainly to clean up all kinds of debris during jobs in and around the house-> big or small jobs. But this makes me wonder if it’s up for the task.

In what way is the DeWalt better?

The DeWalt vac holds a lot more, it has the on-board hose which just works better for what I do. The Bosch, as mentioned, is better for bare floors, etc.

ie:, Today, I was drilling holes between tensioned cable in a parking garage. The hose made it easy to get between the cables to vacuum the debris out of the holes. The Bosch wouldn’t have been able to do that. The DeWalt is just a little more versatile.

Resident Sign Guy

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Is that possible to connect the vacuum to any power tools ?

redwood
    Pro

Is that possible to connect the vacuum to any power tools ?

I’m sure that you could with the right adapters, but that’s not really the intended use for a vacuum like this.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

woodman_412

I’ve been giving some thought to the 18V vac for the house that we’re going to be moving into. It’s 2600 sq ft of hard surface floors between the two levels. You guys that have the 18V vac, would you say it would do a good job of keeping the floors clean through the whole house or would you still use a regular vac? I’m thinking a cordless option like this would be so much more convenient than hauling around a vac with a cord.

Dan

danpattison.com

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

If you don’t mind floor not being squeaky clean, get a Roomba and set it to run every week. It’ll keep the floor clean most of the time.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 250 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.580 seconds