dcsimg

NEW Bosch 18V Cordless Portable Vacuum Review – BTP Review

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 250 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

This vac needs to be on the list. It would be at the top of my list. My Makita, well she doesn’t suck so hard.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

This vac needs to be on the list. It would be at the top of my list. My Makita, well she doesn’t suck so hard.

Would be sweet to see the vac on the list. I wonder if they will update the list in the New Year?

A Working Pro since 2004

redwood
    Pro

If you didn’t see it in the Igotabox thread, I just purchased this baretool from amazon. I got it in 2 days with Prime. It appears that it is still from Korea though.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

woodman_412

If you didn’t see it in the Igotabox thread, I just purchased this baretool from amazon. I got it in 2 days with Prime. It appears that it is still from Korea though.

Still no such luck on amazon.ca though. I think when you try and order from amazon.com in Canada you end up paying a premium for it. I wonder when they will be officially available in North America.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Still no such luck on amazon.ca though. I think when you try and order from amazon.com in Canada you end up paying a premium for it. I wonder when they will be officially available in North America.

Good question.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

redwood
    Pro

News alert, it appears that the tools and extensions from my Festool Midi work on the Bosch 18V cordless Vac. The flexible hose does not, but I assume that there may be a adapter available or if there is a hose extension, that would work.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

woodman_412

News alert, it appears that the tools and extensions from my Festool Midi work on the Bosch 18V cordless Vac. The flexible hose does not, but I assume that there may be a adapter available or if there is a hose extension, that would work.

That’s great that your Festool stuff will work with the Bosch 18V Mark. It’s nice to already have some accessories that are plug and play. It would be great to see some pics at some point if you get a chance.

Dan

danpattison.com

I know to bad , we get dinged with the exchange duty and other $$ it ends up costing almost double 🙁

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have the Makita version of this, it looks almost identical. One thing that always bugged me was that in order to use it upright I was always bent over a bit. The vac was too short to be comfortable to use. I’m 5’11” and just was not comfortable it needed to be a bit longer. I ordered another wand from Makita and ended up cutting it half and now it is perfect. I can use it standing straight up and it still picks up the all the dust it used too. The Makita wand was 17″ from the bottom of the bulge where it plugs onto the extension to the very end. I needed 8 1/2″ more length to get me upright. After cutting the tube using my Bosch 12V pocket saw I had to take the end to my disc sander and reduce the outside diameter of the tube a bit in order to get it to fit in the vacuum. Once that was done perfect. I am sure this would work on the Bosch model as well.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This would be a definite buy for me if I can get it at a reasonable price.

redwood
    Pro

I am sure this would work on the Bosch model as well.

I found the Bosch length to be OK, I’m about 5’11”, as well. But, I did add a short section from my Festool vac kit anyways. Perfect fit. I love this Vac.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I don’t know how Bosch does their parts. I did a search for Makita parts and Ace Tool came up. I found the vac, found the part and the whole deal was $13 shipped ($7 for the part, $6 S&H)

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Jummul
    Pro

Was looking at this today. 90 euro’s sounds like a lot. A Black and Decker dust buster can be had for 50 euro’s for a 9,6V vac which has the same sucking power as this bad boy. I’m very curious if the real world tests show that this is a powerful thing… or not.

I don’t know how Bosch does their parts. I did a search for Makita parts and Ace Tool came up. I found the vac, found the part and the whole deal was $13 shipped ($7 for the part, $6 S&H)

I was talking about the complete vacuum, I don’t have it. But seen some of the prices on line wow $$$ can’t afford the vac right now.

But I assume that the price for parts are good. Last year I ordered something from Ace, I am in Canada so I got nailed for duties and delivery, cost almost double the tool I bought 🙁

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’m very curious if the real world tests show that this is a powerful thing… or not.

@Moze
    did a quick video on page 4 of this thread. He also did a more comprehensive test of three (?) cordless vacs, but I can’t find it. Should give you a better idea of what it can do.

redwood
    Pro

’m very curious if the real world tests show that this is a powerful thing… or not.

Define powerful. I find mine fine for it’s intended uses. Not lacking in power at all.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Was looking at this today. 90 euro’s sounds like a lot. A Black and Decker dust buster can be had for 50 euro’s for a 9,6V vac which has the same sucking power as this bad boy. I’m very curious if the real world tests show that this is a powerful thing… or not.

Guys here have tested this vac out and have found it to have excellent pick up power compared to like priced models from other companies. This tool makes sense if you already have the 18V platform then just buy the bare tool and use the batteries and charger from the others. It is very nice to be able to stand up and sweep and sweep the floor with a cordless vac. It works great on cement. Even after broom sweeping this thing will pick up a lot of dust left behind.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Define powerful.

Suck the chrome off a bumper powerful??

redwood
    Pro

Define powerful.

Suck the chrome off a bumper powerful??

Well I haven’t tried that yet. Maybe it’s not as powerful as I thought.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Jummul
    Pro

That great to hear! If it doesn’t come here soon I’ll order it from Korea 🙂

Funny how Bosch spreads its tools. Cordless sander in AU and NZ, 18v vac in Korea…

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 250 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.564 seconds