dcsimg

NEW Bosch 18V Cordless Portable Vacuum Review – BTP Review

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 250 total)
  • Author
    TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Very nice review. this could possible replace my corded upright vacuum I carry in my van

Is it available in the states?

ProTom
    Pro
    Bear Lake, MI

Thanks for the write up. I will have to start watching e-bay as it looks very handy.

Always learning, and some teaching along the way.

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

Great Review @Moze!

Bert

Is it available in the states?

@siberian
    it is not technically… but you can buy it from various vendors on ebay who ship it for free from South Korea. And so far it sounds like 2/2 people have had success with getting real models and not fakes.

John S

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Thanks, all. It’s an awesome little vacuum, although I need to start thinking about locating a source for replacement filters.

Resident Sign Guy

RyanF
    Pro

I’ve definitely got to get one of these. I’m tired of dragging out a full-sized vac for very minor cleanups. 18 or 12v is the only question.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

I’d recommend the 18. It comes with the long tube and floor nozzle so you can stand up and vacuum floors. Otherwise you’ll be on your hands and knees. It’s a great little vacuum.

Resident Sign Guy

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Didn’t even think about the filter problem. I wonder if global shipping from one of the Amazon sites like .DE or .UK would be an option?

Moze
    Dallas, TX

That’s might be a good option. I’ve never looked on those sites. I guess figuring out the part number would be a good start.

Resident Sign Guy

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Good luck with that, I poked around a little and found nothing.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Didn’t even think about the filter problem. I wonder if global shipping from one of the Amazon sites like .DE or .UK would be an option?

Sven, Makita makes the same thing in 18V if you have that system

18V Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless Vacuum, Tool Only
    Model XLC02ZW about $90

also available

18V Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless Vacuum Kit
    Model XLC02R1W with a battery and charger about $180

I have the older 12V one and absolutely love it. I am amazed at how much it picks up even after sweeping my garages with a push broom. I have a bunch of 12V batteries so I can get an hour plus run time. I would upgrade to 18V but I have nothing else Makita 18V which means batteries, and a charger. It would be super if the Bosch was available here but not holding my breath.

The Bosch is available on eBay for $110 shipped from South Korea. So you have two options. So do I really. Like I say I really like mine they are really nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m excited about this portable vacuum. I know it won’t be as powerful as a “shop vac”, but it will be the portable vacuum for small jobs that I need.

As for the HEPA filter, I couldn’t find a replacement part number, but the user manual has directions for cleaning and maintenence that could improve its useful lifespan: http://www.bosch-do-it.com.au/au/pmdbmedia/d/obj/161811/lobtype/ORIGINAL_PDF/0x0@0/user_manual_161811_160992a04g.pdf

And honestly, I’ve cobbled vacuum together with coffee filters and rubber bands, so when my filter wears out, I’ll figure out something in a pinch.

Based on the user manual I found and the fact that this is being stocked in Korea, I’m guessing that this vacuum is leaking out of Bosch’s Oceania/Australia market. Which leads me to believe that this little guy will be leaking out next: http://www.bosch-pt.com.au/au/en/professional/power-tools/c131399/p121331/new-tools/gss-18-v-li.html

I want that, and some 18v LED lighting.

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

Oh nice! That would definitely be on my want list.

Bert

Attachments:
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Thanks for that Charlie, nice looking little sander.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Which leads me to believe that this little guy will be leaking out next: http://www.bosch-pt.com.au/au/en/professional/power-tools/c131399/p121331/new-tools/gss-18-v-li.html

That is nice little sander – a cordless sander could be handy at times.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Based on the user manual I found and the fact that this is being stocked in Korea, I’m guessing that this vacuum is leaking out of Bosch’s Oceania/Australia market. Which leads me to believe that this little guy will be leaking out next: http://www.bosch-pt.com.au/au/en/professional/power-tools/c131399/p121331/new-tools/gss-18-v-li.html

I want that, and some 18v LED lighting.

Welcome @CharlieWhiskey! I have a feeling you may like this thread…

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/bosch-tools-naina-but-should-be/

@moze
    once you find a replacement filter that may just push me over into getting my wife a vacuum for christmas… and I will blame it on you 😉

John S

Moze
    Dallas, TX

I will happily accept the blame. 🙂

Resident Sign Guy

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

that may just push me over into getting my wife a vacuum for christmas

Think she will like that as a gift?

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

that may just push me over into getting my wife a vacuum for christmas

Think she will like that as a gift?

You might want to reconsider that…

Bert

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 250 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.346 seconds