dcsimg

NEW Bosch 18V Cordless Portable Vacuum Review – BTP Review

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 250 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I bought it from the South Korean seller. Had it in less than a week.

Hey that’s where my car came from LOL. Hyundia

Excellent write-up and review, Moze. Yet another NAINA item, or at least one that is not as convenient to get here.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Does it smell like KimChee?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Wonder how the Koreans are getting them so cheap?

I am having a hard time finding retailers in Europe who even carry it, so I am not sure how to learn more background about the tool online apart from a few youtube videos

John S

Moze
    Dallas, TX

I like the idea of the light. First cordless vac I have read about with that feature.

Yeah, it’s a nice feature. I mean it’s not like high beams on a car, but it will throw some light on the floor even when you have the extension on. It definitely helps you see stuff you might otherwise miss.

I would really like one, now I am jealous.

4-3 years ago I bought my wife a small Dyson handheld with the pet hair head. It will do about 15 minutes fully charged.<br>
    It is a great vac.

But I sucked up some drywall dust and it was a pain to clean it out. So I got told to not use it for drywall dust !! Yes Mam.

The boss has spoken. Let it be so. lol

The Dyson stuff is sure priced high. My wife wanted one of those bladeless fans for anniversary. I have to admit, I like it, but man … $$$$$

great write up. I’ll have to look into this as well. Very nice little unit that Bosch NA should be bringing here.

Disappointing Bosch if you are reading…

Thanks! I’m really surprised it’s not available here. Seems like it would sell like crazy.

Resident Sign Guy

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Excellent write-up and review, Moze. Yet another NAINA item, or at least one that is not as convenient to get here.

Thank you! In all honesty, it was as easy as any other eBay transaction. I received this faster from South Korea than I’ve received stuff from here in the states!

Does it smell like KimChee?

No, kind of tastes the same though.

Resident Sign Guy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Maybe it’s a knock off?

Dirty

Moze
    Dallas, TX

@ DirtyWhiteBoy: No way. It says “Basch” right on it!

Resident Sign Guy

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Not a bad looking vacuum.

lol hilarious (if that typo was intentional 😛 haha)

Yeah I am doubtful it is a knockoff, but I do wish there was more info on this tool.

John S

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

nice review. When i starting getting into the Bosch 18v line up, which is going to happen, that will be on my list to order.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Thanks for the review Moze, looks like a sweet addition to have. Ohh NAINA, why do you torment me so?

Moze
    Dallas, TX

lol hilarious (if that typo was intentional :P haha)

It was intentional. 🙂

What other info did you want?
    Yeah I am doubtful it is a knockoff, but I do wish there was more info on this tool.

nice review. When i starting getting into the Bosch 18v line up, which is going to happen, that will be on my list to order.

You’ll be happy with it!

Thanks for the review Moze, looks like a sweet addition to have. Ohh NAINA, why do you torment me so?

You bet!

Resident Sign Guy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

lol hilarious (if that typo was intentional :P haha)

You do know in that part of the world they are very good at knocking off tools. It is getting more and more common ya know.

Dirty

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Well @moze I’ll make sure I buy it once I start into the bosch line. Thank you for spending my money lol

You do know in that part of the world they are very good at knocking off tools. It is getting more and more common ya know.

I don’t doubt it – but what is confusing to me is that I don’t see hardly anything about the GAS18v online. Here is the Bosch site in Australia:
    http://www.bosch-pt.com.au/au/en/professional/power-tools/c131491/p118315/all-purpose-extractors/gas-18v-li.html

But it is possible it could still be a knockoff I guess – though based on how it has performed for Moze so far I would be surprised if it was…?

John S

DaveG.
    Pro

I picked up this vacuum on eBay from Korea a few months ago, and it arrived quickly, and IS a legit Bosch product.

Power is fine for its portability and battery life. Works great, and is nice for end of job cleanup with sawdust, masonry, and drywall dust on and near baseboards better dirt capacity than expected. HEPA filter comes out of mesh pre-filter basket for easy cleaning.

Once filter is clean, suction is actually much better than I would expect for the battery / vacuum size.

Bosch UK recently released a 10.8 (aka 12v Maxx) smaller version. I am very happy with the 18v.

@daveg-2. thanks for sharing your thoughts on the 18v model! It has been a while since you’ve been around but it is good to see you back!

John S

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Nice review Moze!! Too bad that it doesn’t have it’s own boxx :S Good job modifying it to fit though. I think this cordless application for the vacuum is a great idea and could be very handy.

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 250 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.711 seconds