dcsimg

NEW Bosch 18V Cordless Portable Vacuum Review – BTP Review

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 250 total)
  • Author
    woodman_412

Ya i thought i had read that somewhere. I am hoping for something to replace my bucket vac. Mostly when i need to patch something in a finished area. Would it work better without the floor wand? How well does the 12v model do?

The 12V vac will pick up dust on carpet and upholstery but you have to work at it a bit. Doesn’t really have enough power to just suck it straight up, you have to work the vac back and forth rubbing it on the surface to get the dust lifted up. That’s what I’ve found in my experience anyway.

Dan

danpattison.com

redwood
    Pro

As I mentioned, if you are doing a single patch, I think the 18V will be fine. If your taping a whole sheet of drywall, no. If it’s just dust, you can use the floor wand, any chunks and you might be better without it.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Ya i thought i had read that somewhere. I am hoping for something to replace my bucket vac. Mostly when i need to patch something in a finished area. Would it work better without the floor wand? How well does the 12v model do?

The 12V vac will pick up dust on carpet and upholstery but you have to work at it a bit. Doesn’t really have enough power to just suck it straight up, you have to work the vac back and forth rubbing it on the surface to get the dust lifted up. That’s what I’ve found in my experience anyway.

have you tried the 12 volt 4 amp version, how much harder would it suck if it had more juice?

woodman_412

have you tried the 12 volt 4 amp version, how much harder would it suck if it had more juice?

I have tried the 4.0 battery and it does seem to have more suction but not a significant amount more. If you need maximum performance that is definitely the battery to use.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

it does seem to have more suction but not a significant amount more.

I still think a hose coupled with a crevice tool would the ticket for times when you need high suction.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

redwood
    Pro

the 18V vac comes with a crevice tool, a extension pole, flooring attachment and I have a hose that fits it.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

hmm decisions. Maybe ill hold off until i see it in action. Have too many other things i want to spend limited money on something that might not do what i need

Gonna have to convince the wifey, we have a central vacuum she, plus she bought a stand up good quality, but rarely take it out, then we have a little cheap swifer vac small small dust collection, and another small upright cheapo, I have to tell her, she / I will be better off with the Bosch, plus I have some batteries lol.

Get 2, put decal or flowers on one of the. Tell her it is a father /daughter Christmas present

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Nice find on the vac. I’d still like to get one of those sometime, but the 12v has been pretty good for what I’ve been using it for.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Nice find on the vac. I’d still like to get one of those sometime, but the 12v has been pretty good for what I’ve been using it for.

Was really debating on picking the 12v up or not. I think you just helped me make the decision. Cheers

A Working Pro since 2004

Discovered something pretty cool yesterday

Bought a drywall sander that I can plug into my shop vac

The hose and adaptors that come with it fit perfectly over the GAS18V vac! I can now hook the 18v vac up to my 35mm Bosch hose and attach it to a sander, or to the top blade guard (NAINA) of my table saw

I won’t use it for drywall though – don’t want to kill the motor or the filter, and replacement filters are a PITA to find. Still, the hardware the drywall kit came with will let me use the little vac for more

It is now a (small capacity) shop vac when I want it to be!

redwood
    Pro

The hose and adaptors that come with it fit perfectly over the GAS18V vac! I can now hook the 18v vac up to my 35mm Bosch hose and attach it to a sander, or to the top blade guard (NAINA) of my table saw

I won’t use it for drywall though – don’t want to kill the motor or the filter, and replacement filters are a PITA to find. Still, the hardware the drywall kit came with will let me use the little vac for more

I also have a hose that fits mine from a mini shop vac.

I don’t think you would get much drywall sanding done with that vac though.

Amazon US now carries the filters. Not cheap though.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Good to know

Was not planing on sanding drywall with it, but glad I have a hose for less fine dust. Maybe good for my jigsaw, or circular saw.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Good to know

Was not planing on sanding drywall with it, but glad I have a hose for less fine dust. Maybe good for my jigsaw, or circular saw.

the jigsaw attachment is amazing, i was using it yesterday and you noticed a heck of a difference.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

the 18V vac comes with a crevice tool, a extension pole, flooring attachment and I have a hose that fits it.

Just caught this, this is the one you were rigging a hose for a year ago? the dirt devil hose or something

redwood
    Pro

My hose came from a old cordless DeWalt Vac. I think.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

I just picked one of these vacs up. I really, really like the little guy. It’s surprisingly strong.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I just picked one of these vacs up. I really, really like the little guy. It’s surprisingly strong.

Great that you like your new Bosch vacuum.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Would this one performs better than 12V Vac in terms of suction ?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Would this one performs better than 12V Vac in terms of suction ?

Yes the 18V vac has more power than the 12V vac but the 12V model fits in an L-Boxx.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 250 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.468 seconds