dcsimg

New Bosch 12v tools…

Viewing 11 posts - 221 through 231 (of 231 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What did he say???

The electric brake is one of the features which would make me choose it over any other current rotary tool. Winding down from 30,000 RPM takes tool long for me.

What if you hit the kill switch before you’re done grinding and use those remaining RPM to finish your???
    That how we do it in the field. No brake needed.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Something about Tremel Beer Porche, at least that’s what the youtube auto translate caption said.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Software? I shouldn’t be surprised, but somehow I am. Any idea how this works? I thought the tools were just motors and switches with a few sensors thrown in…all hardware.

It’s just a wild ass guess so not really. :p

I’d imagine even on the brushed drills there’s a processor monitor the battery discharge temperature etc. to shut things down when things gets too iffy. On the brushless ones there’s much more computing power though, the trigger is basically a potentiometer to tell the processor how far it’s pulled, and processor will accordingly control how fast the field winding switch poles. Maybe the processor is misinterpreting the signal somehow.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’d imagine even on the brushed drills there’s a processor monitor the battery discharge temperature etc. to shut things down when things gets too iffy. On the brushless ones there’s much more computing power though, the trigger is basically a potentiometer to tell the processor how far it’s pulled, and processor will accordingly control how fast the field winding switch poles. Maybe the processor is misinterpreting the signal somehow.

Interesting explanation of how they work. Thank you

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’d be interested if the whole software thing really has such a large impact on power tools today. Never thought about it before, and I have always thought about them being more mechanical. Thinking about the software point though, with all the new tools that have soft start, I imagine it could be possible.

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Here’s a question, in Europe the 12V saw is the GKS 10.8V I can buy just the bare tool but will our 12V batteries work?

@bethepro

Here3’s the answer from the cordless product guys: Yes, the battery are exactly the same, they just have a different voltage callout on label. This will be changing in the near future, all batteries (all regions) will be label “12V”.

I hope this helps.

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

That’s pretty cool Jim. Aparently the lableing was a bigger issue than I thought it was.

Software? I shouldn’t be surprised, but somehow I am. Any idea how this works? I thought the tools were just motors and switches with a few sensors thrown in…all hardware.

Great explanation, thanks for the info,
    Still most of it is alien to me. Lol

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here’s a question, in Europe the 12V saw is the GKS 10.8V I can buy just the bare tool but will our 12V batteries work?

@bethepro

Here3’s the answer from the cordless product guys: Yes, the battery are exactly the same, they just have a different voltage callout on label. This will be changing in the near future, all batteries (all regions) will be label “12V”.

I hope this helps.

Jim

Sure does Jim, Thank you

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I see. thats about to what I had envisioned…just thought it was all hardware. Semantics…

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I hope this helps.

Jim

I’ve read somewhere that in Europe it’s not allowed to be labeled 12v because it’s 10.8v nominal, so I guess that was incorrect, or isn’t the case anymore eh?

Viewing 11 posts - 221 through 231 (of 231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.412 seconds