dcsimg

New 2 hp Router Needed

This topic contains 31 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  jponto07 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Doobie
    Pro

Get both (well all three) of the bosch routers.

Nice to see you chime in Brad! 👍

Your busy season over and getting ready for the holidays I assume?

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’d vote for the MR23 unit as well. I love mine and would be lost without it.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I have the mr23 and it is a great router, I also have ordered the 1617 which everyone recommends. To be honest, i don’t think you can go wrong with either or.

stevem
    Pro
    Sarnia, ON

I really like my Bosch MRP23EVS.

thats the one im considering, 279 at lowes
    i have several routers already, from a hitachi 3 hp m12(the older one) but its too big and awkward, a freud 2hp in my router table(veritas), the 2hp ryobi(worn out), several pc 690’s(too light for plunge mortising) and three little one(colt and makita laminate trimmers)

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

i have several routers already, from a hitachi 3 hp m12(the older one) but its too big and awkward, a freud 2hp in my router table(veritas), the 2hp ryobi(worn out), several pc 690’s(too light for plunge mortising) and three little one(colt and makita laminate trimmers)

originally I was going to stuff the pc690 in to the router table that I have, but ended up ordering the 1617 as its got more juice for the table.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@stevem,
    You can’t go wrong with the MR23, it’s a great router. It is now on my want list ever since I borrowed it from r-ice.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Both MR23 and 1617 are great routers. The MR23 makes sense with its updated features…trigger switch and light, for example. Both are smooth running machines with plenty of power for most tasks.

Orange County, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

you might as well pair them with a bosch router table as well.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

How do you find the power difference between the 1617 and MR23?

They are the same as far as I can tell.

The two big differences, the 1617 plunge base is, well, JUNK. All of my MR23 plunge bases are silky smooth. That and the trigger in the MR23 handle is so much nicer then the on/off switch for hand held work.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Nice to see you chime in Brad! 👍

Your busy season over and getting ready for the holidays I assume?

Howdy, Life’s been fun around here. Harvest is over (well until spring, we have 300 acres of flax that didn’t get off)

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

How do you find the power difference between the 1617 and MR23?

They are the same as far as I can tell.

The two big differences, the 1617 plunge base is, well, JUNK. All of my MR23 plunge bases are silky smooth. That and the trigger in the MR23 handle is so much nicer then the on/off switch for hand held work.

Well, now I want an MR23….

I like the plunge on my 1617. Better than the one on my old Makita plunge router was. MR23 must be awesome

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

you might as well pair them with a bosch router table as well.

Both of the Bosch tables are kind of small…okay for smaller stuff, but a larger table top is preferred for longer stock.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.390 seconds