dcsimg

need some help

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Literally Laugh Out Loud @Dirtywhiteboy:

“Some of these guys actually label where to tools go I know crazy!”

Will

vos
    Pro
    oswego, NY

I personally like cutting dadoes on the table saw, and although 8 foot pieces can be cumbersome, I find it easier than trying to use a router. The fence being locked in place means that you’re guaranteed parallel and matching dadoes. You may have to use a sled of some kind for the cuts too far from the edge for the fence to work, but still I think it’s better than router dadoes. I know people like them.
    If you do rout dadoes, use your longest, squarest square to set the jig, and do a test cut for depth and width to get the bit size right. If you need to make two passes with the router to get the width right, use an “auxiliary fence” butted up to your jig’s fence that moves the cut out the appropriate amount. That way you don’t need to reclamp it once it’s perpendicular to the edge of the workpiece.

my issue is not them being square with the edge of the board its having the front and back of the dado be the same distant from each other when i get told the end of the board my cuts are up to 1/2″ off over the hole distans the thing that bugs me the most is the i can’t get 2 boars to have the same distants off one was a have the other was a 1/4″

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@vos, did you get this worked out yet??

Doobie

Literally Laugh Out Loud @dirtywhiteboy:

“Some of these guys actually label where to tools go I know crazy!”

I’m contemplating doing that. I’ve got so many Bosch drills now I need to label their backsides somehow so I can grab the one I’m looking for is the one I want. With their heads towards the wall and just looking at theor backsides, they mostly all look the same.

vos
    Pro
    oswego, NY

@vos, did you get this worked out yet??

no not yet I’m working on it to day finally but i think I’m going to except defeat and jut nail on luan strips with a 1/4″gap in-between

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.198 seconds