dcsimg

NAIL GUNS 18 VOLT ONLY!

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Looks like Makita has a new redesign and a 23ga pin

Yes they do,, I still need to call the corporate office and see if I can get the 2 I have replaced. The only thing wrong with the first guns is when they farmed out the manufacturing to china they used cheaper parts causing them to fail. The guns made in Japan worked fine.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I was able to demo the Hitachi 18v framing gun on Thursday at a trade show. It sank spikes into 2 ply lvl everytime. The thing was a tank though, so no way would I trade the ridiculous weight for the occasional power.

I would have loved to have either the new Hitachi or dewalt to try out today,
    Could have put them to great use and tests today,
    Actually have guys were using the paslode and Hitachi air nailers today, all day.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I would have loved to have either the new Hitachi or dewalt to try out today,
    Could have put them to great use and tests today,
    Actually have guys were using the paslode and Hitachi air nailers today, all day.

I can vouch for the Dewalt, as I have two of them. We get at least one of them out on most days. They shoot really well, but are a bit heavy. Great for punch out work, basement framing, or other areas where a hose may get constantly tangled.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I was able to demo the Hitachi 18v framing gun on Thursday at a trade show. It sank spikes into 2 ply lvl everytime. The thing was a tank though, so no way would I trade the ridiculous weight for the occasional power.

How heavy was it Warren? Sounds like it must have been heavier than the DeWalt?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

How heavy was it Warren? Sounds like it must have been heavier than the DeWalt?

The rep claimed it was a pound heavier. It had the small battery on it, and still felt really heavy to me. Generally, when we are using lvl, the job is big enough to merit getting out the compressor and hoses.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yes it felt heavy to me also. This getting old sucks!! I do like my Hitachi air framing nailer.

We call our Dewalt a nail starter when we use it on lvl…lol!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Here’s a Cadex gun coming out, looks interesting.

Looks like a nice nailer, the head looks fairly compact compare to some other makes. Some good features also

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Here’s a Cadex gun coming out, looks interesting.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dk8gz3hqR-w?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ gesture=”media” allow=”encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

looking forward to those new guns – seems like more and more companies are showing up with cordless nailers

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I have been using my 18v DeWalt framer without issue for a few months now. I was using it today and it jammed twice, easy jams that I cleared…then it jammed a third time, this time the jam is bad enough that I probably need to tear apart the nail magazine to clear the jam. Anyone else have these issues? @warren6810

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

There is nothing more aggravating that a gun so jammed that it stops your work!!!

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I have been using my 18v DeWalt framer without issue for a few months now. I was using it today and it jammed twice, easy jams that I cleared…then it jammed a third time, this time the jam is bad enough that I probably need to tear apart the nail magazine to clear the jam. Anyone else have these issues? @warren6810

Chad:

I have had a few jams, and one like you describe. We have found that the smaller nails jamb a lot more than the bigger ones. Overall, I have been happy with both guns over the last two years. I don’t think it was too difficult to open up the gun and remove the jam.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Oh so dewalt is already acting up. I hate when I get a jamb nail. But thanks to Bosch none of my nailers ever jamb a nail. Even if it does Bosch has a great mechanism that taking the nail out is cake. All of the mailers top magazine part comes out. Usually that’s where nail would jamb

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Oh so dewalt is already acting up. I hate when I get a jamb nail. But thanks to Bosch none of my nailers ever jamb a nail. Even if it does Bosch has a great mechanism that taking the nail out is cake. All of the mailers top magazine part comes out. Usually that’s where nail would jamb

We are referring to cordless nailers. Let me know when Bosch comes out with a cordless that will shoot a 3″ framing nail.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Chad:

I have had a few jams, and one like you describe. We have found that the smaller nails jamb a lot more than the bigger ones. Overall, I have been happy with both guns over the last two years. I don’t think it was too difficult to open up the gun and remove the jam.

Thanks Warren. It jammed on a rack of 8’s….it doesn’t look like it would that difficult to open up. With the amount of nails I put through that gun I can’t complain about a couple jams lol.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Chad:

Thanks Warren. It jammed on a rack of 8’s….it doesn’t look like it would that difficult to open up. With the amount of nails I put through that gun I can’t complain about a couple jams lol.

We try not to use 8’s in them if possible. A rack or two is ok, but if you were gonna use 8’s all day, I would go with the Paslode. Not sure why they don’t like the smaller nails, but they are almost always the ones that jam.

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.652 seconds