dcsimg

NAIL GUNS 18 VOLT ONLY!

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anyone see the new Hitachi guns out, going to be interested to see how they do since their pneumatic guns always do well.

Are they cordless? Man that would be nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Anyone see the new Hitachi guns out, going to be interested to see how they do since their pneumatic guns always do well.

Are they cordless? Man that would be nice.

Yea they have a 18V line up now.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

After the first few jobs I never liked my Pasload then I didnt use it enough to make it worth buying gas and expired ones dont work.

I will be very happy to have gas-less/battery only guns that shoot reliably.

Are these like the Senco Fusion?

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

After the first few jobs I never liked my Pasload then I didnt use it enough to make it worth buying gas and expired ones dont work.

I will be very happy to have gas-less/battery only guns that shoot reliably.

Are these like the Senco Fusion?

The tti guns and Hitachi are very similar to the sencos. I think the desalts are something entirely different

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I agree with both of you. Yes when working if the tool goes out you need that tool to complete the task and warranties take time. So a new tool usually has to be bought. But that doesn’t mean warranties mean absolutely nothing. I wouldn’t throw the tool away if you can get it fixed for free. Thtas one thing that’s great about festoon at least. They have 100% turnover rate for warranty work in 48 hours I think a 80% in 24 hours they are great. Back to guns My dads new 18ga m18 gun quit working on him and he took it in that it was new enough they just exchanged it. But still it guitar on him when he was up on a roof trimming out a dormer. So at that moment it didn’t matter bow good the warranty was.

True Austin. It sucks going thru warranty when you actually need the tool. But it’s still better than throwing it away or collection dust sitting in the shelf. A backup tool is great to have.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I agree with both of you. Yes when working if the tool goes out you need that tool to complete the task and warranties take time. So a new tool usually has to be bought. But that doesn’t mean warranties mean absolutely nothing. I wouldn’t throw the tool away if you can get it fixed for free. Thtas one thing that’s great about festoon at least. They have 100% turnover rate for warranty work in 48 hours I think a 80% in 24 hours they are great. Back to guns My dads new 18ga m18 gun quit working on him and he took it in that it was new enough they just exchanged it. But still it guitar on him when he was up on a roof trimming out a dormer. So at that moment it didn’t matter bow good the warranty was.

True Austin. It sucks going thru warranty when you actually need the tool. But it’s still better than throwing it away or collection dust sitting in the shelf. A backup tool is great to have.

Exactly and when it goes down and you have to buy another its a great opertunity to get a back up ha

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@dirtywhiteboy that been said good thing you buy one from homedepot ridgid is okey for the homeowner/diy tools. For some tools its gonna last some its not. When tool is down you gotta do trip.no matter what and i never brokedown on the job except my ridgid oiled compressor believe it or not my miter saw bottom broke cuz metal they use is cheap plastic they use is also cheap. There is no compitation between brushed 16 gauge bosch nailer vs ridgid you get what you pay for if you think ridgid is good good for you but one bosch 16 gauge will buy all your nailers on ridgid price is diffrent so as quality. If you have 16 gauge nailer yoi are capable of doing lot

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@dirtywhiteboy that been said good thing you buy one from homedepot ridgid is okey for the homeowner/diy tools. For some tools its gonna last some its not. When tool is down you gotta do trip.no matter what and i never brokedown on the job except my ridgid oiled compressor believe it or not my miter saw bottom broke cuz metal they use is cheap plastic they use is also cheap. There is no compitation between brushed 16 gauge bosch nailer vs ridgid you get what you pay for if you think ridgid is good good for you but one bosch 16 gauge will buy all your nailers on ridgid price is diffrent so as quality. If you have 16 gauge nailer yoi are capable of doing lot

Eboooooo I know how much you love Bosch but the nailer was discontinued. You say what you want about Ridgid but it is advertised as a tradesmans tool. Their recip saw just did very well in the shootout. I am using this JobMaxx for 4 to 6 hours a day day after day and it jams….

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

There is no compitation between brushed 16 gauge bosch nailer vs ridgid you get what you pay for if you think ridgid is good good for you

You are right there is no competition because Bosch nailer has been discontinued!
    You seem to think because a tool doesn’t cost much it’s no good or pro grade??? Look at the Hitachi 18ga air gun ,, goes in sale for 69$ It’s a real money maker. I have a bog boxx full of Ridgid 12 volt tools that see hard work everyday.

Still the best Cordless nailers on the market are paslode nailers . The Milwaukee gen 2 will fix some problems of the first gen . The Dewalt are to heavy . I’m looking forward to what the new hitachi ones do in next few months with reviews

Always willing to learn .

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

very true.. the milaukee line is a total bust and is going for redesign, and the dewalts are frigging massive id rather hand nail than carry a gun thats bigger and heavier than a framing gun.

from what ive seen about the hitachis on instagram their aready saying better than milwaukee but have the similar build shape

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

It would be best if Bosch were to catch up at this point with similar guns like Hitachi entered the game late. Maybe there’s a chance Bosch dropped that older implementation because they know it was going to be uncompetitive and they’re working on something new. Dewalt’s got their 18V guns but they’re slower and Dewalt’s tech is related to their framing nailer. They’d have to play catchup with the smaller guns.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Hitachi entered the game late.

Hitachi has had cordless guns out for years a least 5.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hitachi entered the game late.

Hitachi has had cordless guns out for years a least 5.

Yes Hitachi has had cordless guns for quite a while now. From what I hear they are very nice as well.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

very true.. the milaukee line is a total bust and is going for redesign, and the dewalts are frigging massive id rather hand nail than carry a gun thats bigger and heavier than a framing gun.

from what ive seen about the hitachis on instagram their aready saying better than milwaukee but have the similar build shape

wait didn’t the milwaukee’s just come out like a few months ago, i remember all the hype over them and didn’t hear very much about them afterwards.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

wait didn’t the milwaukee’s just come out like a few months ago, i remember all the hype over them and didn’t hear very much about them afterwards.

they came out in the spring. I love mine. Use them everyday for everything. Haven’t touched a pneumatic since I got them

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the milwaukee nailers launched in late may i beleive, i recieved the 16 gauge in august.. the reason you havent heard much is because the bad reviews out numbered the good for a reason

as for hitachi having cordless nailers for years, i remember when i started in teh trade 13 years ago one of the local big box stores had the hitachi gas guns up until about 2009 so their definitely not late to hte game. their simply re entering

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Jpg-woodworking
    Pro
    Tallahassee, FL

the milwaukee nailers launched in late may i beleive, i recieved the 16 gauge in august.. the reason you havent heard much is because the bad reviews out numbered the good for a reason

as for hitachi having cordless nailers for years, i remember when i started in teh trade 13 years ago one of the local big box stores had the hitachi gas guns up until about 2009 so their definitely not late to hte game. their simply re entering

It’s surprising to me that the Milwaukee nailers aren’t performing well. When they came out I assumed they had finally perfected cordless nailers. TTI owns Milwaukee, Ridgid, and Ryobi, and the latter two nailers are well-regarded.

Obviously Milwaukee tools aren’t based on the Ridigid/Ryobi lines, but in this case they probably should have been. With their better quality batteries and a $400 price point, they could have used a larger piston for more power and made them lighter as well. Win/win.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have been hearing a lot of good things about the Hitachi guns from those that use them out on the sites. Both the finish and framing guns.

Now that Im also in the Makita and Dewalt lines, Im wondering about their nailers. Looks like Makita has a new redesign and a 23ga pin

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.414 seconds