dcsimg

NAIL GUNS 18 VOLT ONLY!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I am very happy with my bosch fnh180 16 gauge nailer works wonders. No miss fire puts the nail down and its reliable

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I am very happy with my bosch fnh180 16 gauge nailer works wonders. No miss fire puts the nail down and its reliable

That being said I wonder why they discontinued it?
    Mine could not take the production work I was putting it through.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Looks good. Wouldn’t mind trying that to see how it compares to the Milwaukee.

That would be interesting?? I would be very curious if it has the same piston?

is that a belt hook on the side?

Yes it a nice hook too. Its strong and wide.

Or advice on a manufacturer you would recommend.

I went with the Ridgid because I needed the 18v nailer and didn’t want the Makita because too many problems with their guns right now, they need to work out the kinks. It was that 18v miter saw is the main reason. that thing will be handy in the kitchen installs.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

If the Ridgid 18V nailer works out well and with a few other new 18V Ridgid tools that have come out like the miter saw, the cordless router the 18V Ridgid line is looking like a winner.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I knew you went trough a few of them. I take it Bosch could not get one to you that would hold up?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I knew you went trough a few of them. I take it Bosch could not get one to you that would hold up?

No Ron it just can’t take it when it comes to heavy work. I have one now I’m not using and I need to trade to someone that just loves them.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Just curious dirty, do you still have yours and what kind of problems did you have with it?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Anyone see the new Hitachi guns out, going to be interested to see how they do since their pneumatic guns always do well.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i havent seen them locally,, i was contacted through toolbox buzz about reveiwing them however their not available in canada. i believe @skillman has them at his local lowes

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Anyone see the new Hitachi guns out, going to be interested to see how they do since their pneumatic guns always do well.

just saw them on instagram and was surprised that they had 18v ones out. I want an 18v but I don’t really want to get another battery platform

just saw them on instagram and was surprised that they had 18v ones out. I want an 18v but I don’t really want to get another battery platform

I saw them also on Instagram, looks like it is a very nailer to.

I am staff to look for a nailer also, I really would like to stick with Bosch, but it doesn’t look like they will be introducing any cordless nailers anytime soon 🙁
    I have the Ryobi 18 volt lawn tools, for me it’s going to be either Ryobi just because I already have that platform, or it could be ridgid because I have been seeing and hearing great things about their cordless nailers.
    And they also have a cordless router that sounds interesting.

They have been at my local lows for sometime now . This picture I sent @jkirk when I first seen them .

Always willing to learn .

Attachments:
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

They have been at my local lows for sometime now . This picture I sent @jkirk when I first seen them .

I don’t think I would buy them from a Lowes. I’d only get it from a reputable tool shop. There has been quality issues with Hitachi and big boxx stores.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Just curious dirty, do you still have yours and what kind of problems did you have with it?

Yes I still have it and when it fails it just stops shooting nails. I not know why. Each time it stopped I was using it very fast and hard. So much so the gun was warming up but not hot.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I saw them also on Instagram, looks like it is a very nailer to.

I am staff to look for a nailer also, I really would like to stick with Bosch, but it doesn’t look like they will be introducing any cordless nailers anytime soon 🙁
    I have the Ryobi 18 volt lawn tools, for me it’s going to be either Ryobi just because I already have that platform, or it could be ridgid because I have been seeing and hearing great things about their cordless nailers.
    And they also have a cordless router that sounds interesting.

my problem is that I gave away my ryobi drill to someone who doesn’t use it as often and doesn’t need a nice tool like bosch. I’ll have to see what other line i will get in to and get batteries for that one.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Yes I still have it and when it fails it just stops shooting nails. I not know why. Each time it stopped I was using it very fast and hard. So much so the gun was warming up but not hot.

wow yeah I can imagine that sucks. do you still have warranty on that gun?
    not sure if something is wrong with the gun or if it’s just not designed for fast work.
    kinda sounds stupid lol, but it should withstand fast work IMO and yours prolly too

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

do you still have warranty on that gun?

For those of us in the trades warranties means nothing. When it quits I still need to go buy a new gun to get the work done or carry a air compressor and a air nailer with me and what good is a tool if you always need to carry a back up?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

For those of us in the trades warranties means nothing. When it quits I still need to go buy a new gun to get the work done or carry a air compressor and a air nailer with me and what good is a tool if you always need to carry a back up?

I know what you mean but that still didn’t answer my question.
    Warranty means nothing? I doubt that.
    I would have send it in for warranty if it doesn’t work properly.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Maybe as an individual but running a crew it means a lot. One tool goes out, better to be able to get it fixed than to need to buy a new one

And run a big enough crew and there are usually enough spares that you dont need to run out to get a new one immediately anyways. Having a spare costs less than racing out to home depot for an hour every time something comes up

Still, Id rather have a good tool that is backed by a warranty I probably wont need than have a garbage store brand tool and need that warranty regularly

My compressor is a decent example. Under the California Air Tools brand, it gets good reviews but there are also reports of lots of lemons. My Husky is a rebadge of that, but i prefer it because I know I can swap ut out quickly at HD if I ever need to…

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I know what you mean but that still didn’t answer my question.
    Warranty means nothing? I doubt that.
    I would have send it in for warranty if it doesn’t work properly.

I agree with both of you. Yes when working if the tool goes out you need that tool to complete the task and warranties take time. So a new tool usually has to be bought. But that doesn’t mean warranties mean absolutely nothing. I wouldn’t throw the tool away if you can get it fixed for free. Thtas one thing that’s great about festoon at least. They have 100% turnover rate for warranty work in 48 hours I think a 80% in 24 hours they are great. Back to guns My dads new 18ga m18 gun quit working on him and he took it in that it was new enough they just exchanged it. But still it guitar on him when he was up on a roof trimming out a dormer. So at that moment it didn’t matter bow good the warranty was.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.347 seconds