dcsimg

NAIL GUNS 18 VOLT ONLY!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have been wanting to stop rolling out a hose and compressor all the time but it was hard to find one company that made all the trim guns I need to use. I seem to need 3 or so.

So let’s hear it on the 18volt guns.
    I see my friends at TTI a chinese company has lunched the Ridgid line with the LSA that they loose money with me.

Here’s Robs take on them,,,,
    http://www.aconcordcarpenter.com/ridgid-18-volt-cordless-brad-nailer.html

Youngin
    Pro
    Edmonton, AB

I saw a runtime test being run on those Ridgid guns with a 4 AmH battery, both 18ga and 16ga. They posted some impressive numbers.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

They were at my local HD and sold out fast. My local HD and the LSA work well together.
    Then we have the DeWalt that everybody loves.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I was just checking out the Ridgid brushless 18v nailers online – they seem to be getting pretty good reviews. I am definitely going to look in to them, I would love to go hose-less with my trim guns.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Youngin
    Pro
    Edmonton, AB

I have a senco fusion 18ga. It works good for the occasional job. Considering where the technology is going I’d be very interested in the ridgids for my next nailers. Or if Milwaukee would put some out…

woodman_412

That Ridgid gun looks really nice. 18 ga is what I use the most in trim work so that would be a perfect setup for me. Seems like it has a lot of really nice features too. I wish that Bosch made an 18 ga version of the 16 that they make.

Dan

danpattison.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have a senco fusion 18ga.

Is that a gas gun??

Looks like a very impressive nailer, he even mentioned that he used it for over a thousand nails, and the battery is still going. Looks like they have done a great job on the nail gun. I’m going to have to check out the pricing, and if it is available at our local home Depot.

Youngin
    Pro
    Edmonton, AB

I have a senco fusion 18ga.

Is that a gas gun??

Sort of. It doesn’t use fuel cells like the paslode. It uses a closed nitrogen canister to drive nails and the battery is used to mechanically reset the canister. It doesn’t exhaust and the canister is good for a few 100 000 shots.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

That Ridgid gun looks really nice. 18 ga is what I use the most in trim work so that would be a perfect setup for me. Seems like it has a lot of really nice features too. I wish that Bosch made an 18 ga version of the 16 that they make.

theres a slight issue for us dan regarding that bosch nailer… its a angled 16 gauge.. no one sells angled 16 gauge nails in canada as far as ive seen. youd be ordering all your fasteners from the states

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I would love to go hose-less with my trim guns.

The thing is no one was making many different sizes. I would hate to get into another battery platform. With the LSA I have to look at them too.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It looks like TTI is having them built all different colors……
    http://toolguyd.com/craftsman-c3-speedshot-cordless-brad-nailer/

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

How do they compare to the ryobi ones? I am in the market for a nail gun just haven’t decided if I want to go 18v or not. I am not invested in the 18v line of ridgid, I was given a 18v ryobi drill a few years ago when friend won it in a contest.

Youngin
    Pro
    Edmonton, AB

How do they compare to the ryobi ones? I am in the market for a nail gun just haven’t decided if I want to go 18v or not. I am not invested in the 18v line of ridgid, I was given a 18v ryobi drill a few years ago when friend won it in a contest.

They make a brief comparison in the video I posted. Seems like Ridgid is the better buy at the moment.

<P>How do they compare to the ryobi ones? I am in the market for a nail gun just haven’t decided if I want to go 18v or not. I am not invested in the 18v line of ridgid, I was given a 18v ryobi drill a few years ago when friend won it in a contest. </P>

<P>They make a brief comparison in the video I posted. Seems like Ridgid is the better buy at the moment. </P>

Very nice review and test he made , great results, I checked not at our Home Depot in Montreal yet , would be nice to stick to the same brand again ,

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wish that Bosch made an 18 ga version of the 16 that they make.

Me too, I’ve been using an 18g for building JohnL birdhouses and would love to go hoseless. Although JohnL suggests using a 16g for them and I do have a 16g hosed but it’s physically so much bigger than the 18g it’s just to unhandy for me

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Come on Makita! Get your guns on the shelves!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

woodman_412

theres a slight issue for us dan regarding that bosch nailer… its a angled 16 gauge.. no one sells angled 16 gauge nails in canada as far as ive seen. youd be ordering all your fasteners from the states

Good to know Jeff. I had never really thought about sourcing the fasteners for it. If Bosch came out with a gun that took standard 18 ga brads and ran on the 18V platform I would go for that.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That Rigid nailer looks very nice. Lots features and great battery life too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

Looks like a nice nailer, these nailers may drive more companies to come out with other products to compete. Unfortunately getting into another brand of cordless tools doesn’t make sense for me and I think good pneumatic nailers will always be more reliable. I don’t do carpentry for a living though so a air nailer is easy for me when I need it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.287 seconds