dcsimg

Nail gun repair

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

ereplacement parts is where I get nearly all of my repair parts now. Not once have i had an issue, nor were they not able to find the part.

Same here.

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

depending on what the issue is, sometimes i fix it myself if i cant get the part easily i will take it in.. my framing gun`s o ring went on it a week ago, unfortunately the rigid service center here has closed its doors and i dont know who has taken over the responsibility for rigid tools.

soo the gun is going to the paslode service centre, which services hitachi here as well along with selling milwaukee, bosch, makita, and makita

The service centers are closing down or refusing to take ridgid tools in for warranty repairs because ridgid is either slow pay or no pay sometimes. This came to me directly from our local tool repair guy. A lot of areas now you have to send them back to the company a no one locally will touch them. About 4 years ago I had a ridgid see snake that failed. My local home depot had to send it out. It was gone for 8 weeks and came back unrepairable. That’s great service for ‘ya!

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

It’s probably a mistake, but here is the Bosch Framing nailer by Milwaukee.

http://www.amazon.com/SN350-20F-RT-20-Degree-2-Inch-Framing-Nailer/dp/B00DJPH32Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1396817471&sr=8-3&keywords=Bosch+Framing+nailer

And here is the one by Bosch

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-SN350-20F-Framing-Strip-Nailer/dp/B0022NHW18/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396817639&sr=8-1&keywords=Bosch+Framing+nailer

I’m sure it’s a mistake, same model number! They would probably be a good enough nailer for me, I’m not really into production framing these days…

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

well great… so im prob not getting my gun fixed.. i wonder if ill atleast be able to get it fixed at the paslode shop…. otherwise boss might need to credit me some $$ because it broke on his jobsite.. 85-90% of its use has been on his sites

as for the bosch being by milwaukee, nope milwaukee has nothing to do with the bosch

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

and apparently the bosch framing gun is discontinued.. parts for it will be shortly also

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

I fixed my Hitachi 15g with a simple o-ring I got locally… I’d tear it apart and see where the problem is.

--Steve

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i had my gun apart and cleaned it out a week ago thinking it might be dirt or excess oil causing the oring to roll

redwood
    Pro

and apparently the bosch framing gun is discontinued.. parts for it will be shortly also

Where did you hear that? It’s still on their web site and I think that Amazon had 18 of them.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

discontinued as in no longer being made, so whatever they stillhave in warehouses will still be for sale.

its via canningcustom, hes good friends with the bosch rep in ontario canada

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I thought they had a decent policy of something like 6 years supporting parts? Maybe I’m making that up or confusing them with someone else.

redwood
    Pro

discontinued as in no longer being made, so whatever they stillhave in warehouses will still be for sale.

its via canningcustom, hes good friends with the bosch rep in ontario canada

That is interesting because it generally has gotten very good reviews, though I can’t say that I have ever seen one.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

very very few people bought the bosch framing guns. rona was one of the first shops in canada to carry them but stopped after 2 years after very low sales

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

very very few people bought the bosch framing guns. rona was one of the first shops in canada to carry them but stopped after 2 years after very low sales

Yeah, Rona carries a lot of Bosch, but I haven’t seen any of those guns out there. Too bad they didn’t get more out the door (and the motivation to keep making them)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The fix is a fast and easy one. The Hitachi gun is very easy to work on, the mag. is the hardest thing to change. I keep parts for my gun with me so when something goes bad I can just replace it and keep on working.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just had my Bostich SlapShot stop shooting. The nose part didn’t seem to go in and out the way it should. I took it to the repair shop and the guy said” Oh boy I’m way behind, I have like 40 guns in front of you.” I said well could you hook it up and see whats wrong and sell me the part? He said sure. He checked it out and handed me the TVA14 trigger valve kit for it. He told me what I needed to do to get in there and it’s a fixed now. The kits comes with direction. It’s not a hard fix but it being my first time was a bit of a pain. I had a very hard time finding my pin punch kit.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

The fix is a fast and easy one. The Hitachi gun is very easy to work on, the mag. is the hardest thing to change. I keep parts for my gun with me so when something goes bad I can just replace it and keep on working.

Just got this coil framer, price was right *Free* Don’t know anything about it as far as working or not. External looks OK but needs cleaning. Plan to clean it up some and get air to it so can at least see if it leaks and go from there

Attachments:
    CB
    Spectator

That NR83A is one of the best air nailers made. And yours in particular as shown in the photo, is an original, mostly likely made in Japan.

The NR83A is famously unique due to the “cylinder valve drive system”, where the air cylinder itself opens and closes the valve, leveraging the recoil energy of the piston to make for a faster sequential response. I’m not aware of another nail gun that uses this type of cylinder valve firing system, even amidst the other nail guns that Hitachi (now Hi-Koki and MetaboHPT) has manufactured.

Not sure about the condition of that magazine, but the air cylinder portion of the gun can be readily rebuilt, and there is a plethora of parts, both OEM and aftermarket, made for that gun head.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

That NR83A is one of the best air nailers made. And yours in particular as shown in the photo, is an original, mostly likely made in Japan.

The NR83A is famously unique due to the “cylinder valve drive system”, where the air cylinder itself opens and closes the valve, leveraging the recoil energy of the piston to make for a faster sequential response. I’m not aware of another nail gun that uses this type of cylinder valve firing system, even amidst the other nail guns that Hitachi (now Hi-Koki and MetaboHPT) has manufactured.

Not sure about the condition of that magazine, but the air cylinder portion of the gun can be readily rebuilt, and there is a plethora of parts, both OEM and aftermarket, made for that gun head.

I’ve heard the originals are great guns and considered the best Hitachi has produced. Is there something in particular I should look at as far as the magazine ?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Just got this coil framer, price was right *Free* Don’t know anything about it as far as working or not. External looks OK but needs cleaning. Plan to clean it up some and get air to it so can at least see if it leaks and go from there

What @cb said… that gun is a classic and will give you many years of hard use. Great score!

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

CB
    Spectator

I’ve heard the originals are great guns and considered the best Hitachi has produced. Is there something in particular I should look at as far as the magazine ?

I use strip framing nailers, that use the exact same cylinder valve drive head as your new to you coil nailer, but have 21 degree magazines… so I can’t advise what specifically to look for in the framing coil magazine, other than the pedantic and obvious suggestion to assume there was a reason why the nailer was free, and if that reason had anything to do with the magazine, use caution when testing.

Every part on that gun is rebuildable/repairable. The cylinder valve drive mechanism is all metal, no plastic parts, just elastomeric seals. The cylinder valve drive design that is unique to the NR83A is self cleaning by virtue of it’s function, so the air cylinder mechanism is not as affected as quickly by dirt and dust that the gun is typically exposed to, compared to other air nailer head designs.

I’d definitely do exactly as you planned… clean it up, test it (cautiously), see what you find, and go from there.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.458 seconds