dcsimg

Nail gun repair

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I’ve got a Hitachi framing nailer, the newer NR90, and it is leaking bad around the trigger. I can order a repair kit, I just wondered if you guys do your own repairs or send them in for that? How hard a job is it?

It’s usually the little ball thingy in there. It’s simple. Just get the kit for what…$10?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I used to do repairs, but now I sen them out, most repairs are in that 30 to 40 dollar range and I just dont have the tome any more. Also half fthr time you get it apart and find out what is wrong, order the parts and by that time you have lost a couple more or forgot how it goes back together.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

It’s usually the little ball thingy in there. It’s simple. Just get the kit for what…$10?

Yeah the kit’s not expensive, and I don’t have another nailer for a backup. I’ll have to but a special punch to drive out some roll pins but that shouldn’t be much..

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Yeah the kit’s not expensive, and I don’t have another nailer for a backup. I’ll have to buy a special punch to drive out some roll pins but that shouldn’t be much..

tried to edit this and it made a new post…

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

I have done repairs to Hitachi and it was fairly simple. Everything is pretty straight forward and the internet has a slew of info on whatever repair you are doing. So if you have the time, I say do it.

I live too far from any repair shops so if I feel I can make the repair I try to do so.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I’ve got the exact thing on my NR90, pain in the butt. Did it since it was new, and should have acted right away. I’ve worked on my other hitachi and it was pretty easy, I imagine this would be similar if not easier since the parts are bigger. I think I would weigh the cost, if it’s $30 and convenient location to drop off and pick up I would let them do it.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I’ve wondered if it would be covered by warranty, but haven’t checked into it. I bought it at Lowes I think 2 years ago.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Might be worth a try. Doesn’t Hitachi have a 5 yr warranty?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

depending on what the issue is, sometimes i fix it myself if i cant get the part easily i will take it in.. my framing gun`s o ring went on it a week ago, unfortunately the rigid service center here has closed its doors and i dont know who has taken over the responsibility for rigid tools.

soo the gun is going to the paslode service centre, which services hitachi here as well along with selling milwaukee, bosch, makita, and makita

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

ereplacement parts is where I get nearly all of my repair parts now. Not once have i had an issue, nor were they not able to find the part.

those guns have a 5 year warranty. just had one repaired for free. turn around time was brutal, though. we have 12 guns, so it wasn’t an issue for us.

redwood
    Pro

Brian, that’s what this forum is for. Save points for backup tools.

I have a friend that repairs nail guns. I give them to him and he usually has it back to me within a couple of days. I pretty much have backups for every tool I own, so down time is not really a issue.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Never did Hitachi but. Serviced all of my Bostitch for years. Needs to happen once in a while.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

ive used ereplacement parts before kent, it was a bit of a hastle as the parts i needed were only like $5 total but i had to pay like $40 for shipping not to mention they sent it standard mail instead of express as i paid for so i didnt see the part for like 3 or 4 weeks

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

ive used ereplacement parts before kent, it was a bit of a hastle as the parts i needed were only like $5 total but i had to pay like $40 for shipping not to mention they sent it standard mail instead of express as i paid for so i didnt see the part for like 3 or 4 weeks

I had to use them for compressor parts, CH wouldn’t ship to Canada. I think a $5 part was about the same, $40 or so by the time I was all done. I guess better then a new compressor.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Brian, that’s what this forum is for. Save points for backup tools.

I’m enthused about that , but don’t think I can get a framing nailer here…

SamM
    Pro
    Halifax, NS

Bosch has a framing nailer on the rewards list.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Bosch has a framing nailer on the rewards list.

How are the Bosch nailers? I’ve never seen one in use, or talked to anyone who has for that matter.

redwood
    Pro

It’s probably a mistake, but here is the Bosch Framing nailer by Milwaukee.

http://www.amazon.com/SN350-20F-RT-20-Degree-2-Inch-Framing-Nailer/dp/B00DJPH32Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1396817471&sr=8-3&keywords=Bosch+Framing+nailer

And here is the one by Bosch

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-SN350-20F-Framing-Strip-Nailer/dp/B0022NHW18/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396817639&sr=8-1&keywords=Bosch+Framing+nailer

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.483 seconds