dcsimg

My Newest Tool.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 377 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Its a nice looking van. What year is it? and how many miles? I see it has 8 bolts on the tires so it has 1 ton brakes and some other things beefed up too.

Those bolts you see are hub caps but I think it is a 8 bolt. I don’t know why??
    It’s a ’06 with 106,000 miles on it.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Very nice van dirty, but as to salt, try living next to the Atlantic ocean in the northern climes … road salt and salt air/spray 🙂

I lived next to the Atlantic ocean for 24 years,, I mean a bike ride from the beach and it was nothing like here. It’s called the 7 mile miracle for a reason. They don’t come from all over the world to train at your beach to become world class surfers. You’d have to come visit in the winter time to really grasp it.
    Here’s jjp the owner of the lazy piggs house surfing across the street from his house.

Dirty

Attachments:

vans are the way to go in this over-inflated truck market

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I know, as I grew up right on the ocean, but you’re from NYC, right? I’ll take atmospheric salt over road salt any day. Anyway, nice ride.

Never been to NYC. We call it ehukai here. The salt so thick it looks like fog in the air.

Dirty

Doobie

Looking forward to seeing how you set it up inside.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here’s jjp the owner of the lazy piggs house surfing across the street from his house.

Man that is some wave. Been to HI twice but both times in October and missed the really big wave season.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Its a nice looking van. What year is it? and how many miles? I see it has 8 bolts on the tires so it has 1 ton brakes and some other things beefed up too.

That’s not a lot of miles for a van. Should be some good life left in it for you.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Awesome pic! Nice wave.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

monman1
    Pro

You should have it a long time, as mine has almost 300,000 miles or 480,000 kilometers on it. If the hub caps have 8 bolts it is 8 bolts on the tire too. How much did you pay for it if you dont mind telling?

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

You should have it a long time, as mine has almost 300,000 miles or 480,000 kilometers on it. If the hub caps have 8 bolts it is 8 bolts on the tire too. How much did you pay for it if you dont mind telling?

I got a good deal on it. My friend at the lazy piggs house had been using it for the last year out on Kaneohe Marine corp base for the past year or just over for his tools and supplies to move around the site. He has put in hundreds of kitchens on that job. Well the job ended and his boss doesn’t have any up coming work, I have worked for him in the past and jjp let him know I needed a van. He paid 9,000K for it just over a year ago and he let me have it for 3,000K. I’m stoked!!

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well when I pulled up the rubber mat that covers the floor of the van it had rust. Maybe things with saltwater on them back there of something that made it rust. I wired brushed the hack out of it and then rust killer then a good scrubbing out then wire brush a good one again and more rust killer. I then put down a good layer or RustOluem paint to keep it from rusting again.

Dirty

Doobie

He paid 9,000K for it just over a year ago and he let me have it for 3,000K. I’m stoked!!

Nice deal. Wish I cpuld find ome for an older van like that to to lug materials around. Congratz!

Well when I pulled up the rubber mat that covers the floor of the van it had rust. Maybe things with saltwater on them back there of something that made it rust. I wired brushed the hack out of it and then rust killer then a good scrubbing out then wire brush a good one again and more rust killer. I then put down a good layer or RustOluem paint to keep it from rusting again.

Good show. At least it doesn’t look like it had any perforations. Looks great now.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’m in there smearing plywood around now.

Dirty

JerrySats
    Pro
    Garnet Valley, PENNSYLVANIA

So I wrecked my van a while ago and had to pick up a new to me van.
    Well they won’t loan me money and I don’t have any so I look for the best I can find for not much money.
    Thin time I ended with Chevy Express 2500. I only hope it serves me as well as the last one. My last van I had 10½year and put just over 170,000 miles on it.
    I will have a nice project of building out the inside for all my tools I carry.

Well that one lasted 3½ years but is hurting now and will be put down soon.
    Today I did pick up a new to me GMC Savanna 2500 and it is very clean!!

Nice looking van , look forward to seeing you outfit . I have a 2007 with 235,000 on it . That should last you a long time since your miles are pretty low . Is that a 6.0 or 4.6 motor ?

That van is super clean and nice…I would love a van. Much better than a truck for hauling and storing tools. Keeps the rain out too.

Ever consider Rhino-lining? That would be a good rust-proof barrier – although not sure how much it would cost.

Orange County, CA

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@dirtywhiteboy you did a good job . What did you use it to remove the rust. I personally believe with today’s epoxy market it’s good to do a epoxy coat under the car or over the metal sheeting. They hold up lot better then oil base paint. I use rustoleum product also. They have a rust restorer which works very good. It fills in the cracks and spacec and it makes a very solid body. With today’s chemical companies they are coming out with outstanding products.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Hangman
    Pro

Just grabbed up the Bosch Impact Wrench from Amazon Prime! With the 15% off promotion & $26 Bucks in rewards it cost me $82 Bucks!

My impact IDH182 is great, though with 15/16 bolts the socket ready bit falls off often. It’s seen heavy use all year and deserves all kudos. Felt I needed a dedicated Impact Wrench with the detent pin to hold the deep well bits in place. Especially today when I was atop an 18 foot ladder doing scenic truss bolts. Sure can’t beat the price point!

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

Clev08
    Pro

I see a lot of rust on newer Chevy and GMC trucks around here (not as bad as the Dodge trucks though)so i’m Sure it wouldn’t take much to get through the paint on the inside. You got it cleaned up real nice though!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Just grabbed up the Bosch Impact Wrench from Amazon Prime! With the 15% off promotion & $26 Bucks in rewards it cost me $82 Bucks!

Great deal for $82. Enjoy your new tool.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

My impact IDH182 is great, though with 15/16 bolts the socket ready bit falls off often. It’s seen heavy use all year and deserves all kudos. Felt I needed a dedicated Impact Wrench with the detent pin to hold the deep well bits in place. Especially today when I was atop an 18 foot ladder doing scenic truss bolts. Sure can’t beat the price point!

Great deal and good idea to keep safe working at height.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 377 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.584 seconds