dcsimg

My Newest Tool.

Viewing 17 posts - 361 through 377 (of 377 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have now been washing and cleaning the work van every Sunday. Been using the clay bar and Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax one section at a time and it makes the work van look great.

I can see the shine in the photos. Nice thing the Hybrid Ceramic Wax is easy to use and lasts a long time as well.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I have now been washing and cleaning the work van every Sunday.

Dirty, the van is looking real good.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

It’s almost like we need a work truck maintenance thread..
    I have now been washing and cleaning the work van every Sunday. Been using the clay bar and Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax one section at a time and it makes the work van look great.

Geeze man , it’s nice and shinny , looks great
    What’s that clay bar , and how do you use it I’ll have to look into that.

Doobie

Been using the clay bar….

What’s that?

Van looks spiffy BTW. 👍

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It really is amazing how nice you can get a older car looking with the right products.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

It really is amazing how nice you can get a older car looking with the right products.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”How to Use a Clay Bar Paint Care and Preparation – Meguiar’s Car Care Series Step 2 of 5″ width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/uhNxVDjlfh0?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Wow thanks for the info DWB looks like I’ve really neglected my car/SUV for years
    I am amazed at how much that clay bar worked , very interesting , I’ll have to check it out.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Yes it is. The clay bar looks like a bunch of work on a vehicle the size of your van.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I do one section each week. Little at a time.

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Has anyone used the bosch duel mode sander for buffing their car or truck and what buffing pads did you get for it?

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Has anyone used the bosch duel mode sander for buffing their car or truck and what buffing pads did you get for it?

I have, and it works good. I got a the 5″ backing plate and use 5 1/2″ foam pads. I think it comes with a 6″ backing plate which is probably better for your van. I would look for a 6-7″ thin pad around 1/2″ thick. You’ll need 3-4 of them and then you need to wash them out using dish detergent and then let them dry. Clean dry pads do best, once they get wet with product they lose their effectiveness hence the need to change pads. You need need the yellow ones. The first is a link to the pad you need and the second link shows how thin they are (different brand but the same deal) Look for a place that sells Meguiar”s they should have your pads

https://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-da-foam-discs1.html

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LJ3BQUU/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B00LJ3BQUU&pd_rd_w=QLzjd&pf_rd_p=45a72588-80f7-4414-9851-786f6c16d42b&pd_rd_wg=OO2PX&pf_rd_r=B4JKMHWANWM4KXHCD2YG&pd_rd_r=f4397a30-8efa-4b9a-b424-550e4512bd45&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEySjUyTlc0UllCTDlIJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTU4ODYwMlpaQ0JKUUJFRU1NTyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTcwNjYxMVVQTFhRTzBRUlRCViZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2RldGFpbCZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have, and it works good. I got a the 5″ backing plate and use 5 1/2″ foam pads. I think it comes with a 6″ backing plate which is probably better for your van. I would look for a 6-7″ thin pad around 1/2″ thick. You’ll need 3-4 of them and then you need to wash them out using dish detergent and then let them dry. Clean dry pads do best, once they get wet with product they lose their effectiveness hence the need to change pads. You need need the yellow ones. The first is a link to the pad you need and the second link shows how thin they are (different brand but the same deal) Look for a place that sells Meguiar”s they should have your pads

https://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-da-foam-discs1.html

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LJ3BQUU/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B00LJ3BQUU&pd_rd_w=QLzjd&pf_rd_p=45a72588-80f7-4414-9851-786f6c16d42b&pd_rd_wg=OO2PX&pf_rd_r=B4JKMHWANWM4KXHCD2YG&pd_rd_r=f4397a30-8efa-4b9a-b424-550e4512bd45&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEySjUyTlc0UllCTDlIJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTU4ODYwMlpaQ0JKUUJFRU1NTyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTcwNjYxMVVQTFhRTzBRUlRCViZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2RldGFpbCZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Thanks TAMCG,, that’s what I was looking for. Now these foam pads just clean out with soap and water when finished for reuse later?

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thanks TAMCG,, that’s what I was looking for. Now these foam pads just clean out with soap and water when finished for reuse later?

Yes they do. They make a pad cleaner but Dawn dishwashing soap works almost as well. When the pads get dirty just let them soak in a strong mix of dawn and then rinse with hot water wringing them out multiple times. The nice yellow color of the pad will return. I just leave mine in the sun for a few hours and they are dry.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@theamcguy ,,, TAMCG it seems the 5&6 inch pads are a popular size these days but I have over 20 year old buffer that I’ve never used?? It takes the 7inch on the hook&loop With the size of the van to keep the work van looking as professional as I can I think the 7inch will work better. I have not yet bought and pads. What in your option will work best for buffing out the Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic stuff? I’m now using this wool type pad that came with the buffer. Also it has a speed selector. Is there a best speed for the buffing?? It goes from 0-600 to 0-3000

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DWB that is an oldie but a goodie right there. You would do best with a 7 inch foam pad like the one in the link. I don’t what kind of detailing supply stores are in HI but f you can find a place that sells Meguiars then you can find this pad. If not just get a 7 inch foam pad that works with what we call an All In One Polish/Wax or an AIO Pad. This is a cross between a heavy duty cutting pad and real soft wax application pad, it is stiff enough for paint correcting but soft enough not to leave marring. Watch some YouTube vids on paint correction a common problem is moving the machine too fast so that it does not have time to do any correcting of the paint. With a foam pad it is really hard to burn paint so you do not have t worry about that. Hope this helps.

https://www.meguiars.com/professional/products/meguiars-7-soft-buff-rotary-foam-polishing-pad-wrfp7

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

CB
    Pro

“Newest tool” is actually a tool truck… that consumed a heck of a lot of my time this year, from design to damn near demolishing due to delays.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

CB
    Pro

Within the hour of taking delivery, with some of the paint still wet from mistakes having been touched up not an hour before, I took the new tool to pick up a custom steel and glass door.

I was somewhat limited in where I could actually put the door, as ratcheting tie downs that I had received for the rack were still in the package, and I didn’t want to drill the rack and mount them until the fresh paint had cured and hardened.

At the same time, the house waiting on this special door couldn’t be rocked or stuccoed until the door was hung, since the weight of doors, windows, and roofing can introduce settling cracks if installed after the house is rocked.

So, ready or not, the new tool was put to work…

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

“Newest tool” is actually a tool truck… that consumed a heck of a lot of my time this year, from design to damn near demolishing due to delays.

Wow , Congrats on the new tool truck , I need some papertowels I’m drooling
    That is quite the set up ,

Viewing 17 posts - 361 through 377 (of 377 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.619 seconds