dcsimg

My first cupola.

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    monman1
    Pro

Awesome work! Vary nice!

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

You got skills @silla . Did you set up a small saw on that plank for cuts . Or everything went back down to the floor for cuts .

Always willing to learn .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, I trimmed whole home with 1 other finish carpenter, an apprentice, and a laborer. We were on the job for about 1 year. Here are some pics of the room the cupola rest in. Its a 4 piece flying crown that measures over 13 inches. I also threw in a pic of the main stair case, where we did some panel work.

Welcome to the place and wow, Your work is beautiful. Thanks for the pics, We like pics here

Thank you all for the awesome responses.

Oh man , beautiful work in the last set of pictures , very nice quality work, I love the window sills you made , not to mention all the other trimming , are these designs from a designer , or did you guys come up with the layouts ,

Stilla
    Pro

Yeah, I trimmed whole home with 1 other finish carpenter, an apprentice, and a laborer. We were on the job for about 1 year. Here are some pics of the room the cupola rest in. Its a 4 piece flying crown that measures over 13 inches. I also threw in a pic of the main stair case, where we did some panel work.

Wow surprised you don’t have a bigger crew to get it done faster than that. A couple of the bigger ones we have done about the same size we had about 6 finish carpenters.

This home took 2 years for us to get the C/O. Getting decisions was tough, So my employer settled with a smaller crew as there was no big rush until the client realized the trim work was almost done. Still today, 7 months later the guy still has a dirt lawn. Its crazy, the home is still not done.

Stilla
    Pro

You got skills @silla . Did you set up a small saw on that plank for cuts . Or everything went back down to the floor for cuts .

At the top of the scaffold, I had to use a 8 foot ladder so i could climb up into the 30 inch x 30 inch +/- cupola, where I set up a plank that i had to jump up on to. I had just enough room on the scaffold for my hand tools and my apprentice, there was just enough space in the cupola for me to move around in. The apprentice and I had to pass the tools back and forth. We set up a bucket rope, to pass material up and down to my cut man on the floor.

In hind sight, is was the craziest thing i might have ever done.

This is amazing work! Beautiful job. That is amazing that it took 1 year, but seeing all the quality work it is understandable. Good stuff!

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have done some nice houses but none that took a year for just the trim work.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

That all looks great never run that much detail on scaffolding

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.250 seconds