dcsimg

My first cupola.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Stilla
    Pro

Its a 2 piece crown, window jamb extensions, window stool, apron, paneling on drywall. Real pain to do, windows were not plumb or square to each other. the structure is twisted as a result. But, its 25 feet in the air, and a Chandelier is going to obstruct the great job I did.

Stilla
    Pro

Sorry the size of the image was to big.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That came out just beautiful. What do you use for the crown and and trim ? MDF? Do you live-work in the cold?

Stilla
    Pro

Everything you see is poplar. Its a 2 piece crown, the first layer sits against the ceiling, is’t a rip off the baseboard we used in the home.The 2nd piece is a 5 and 1/2 inch crown. There is no mdf used in this application. I live and work in Connecticut,I have no choice but to work in the cold.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Wow, Just beautiful work! What kind of building is it that has a cupola like that?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Stilla
    Pro

Its a 13,000 sq ft custom home in Greenwich Connecticut.

That is awesome work. The painting job looks flawless. Congrats on a job well done. I hope you the homeowner recognizes your great work.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Looks very nice. Lots going on there with all the contours.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Its a 2 piece crown, window jamb extensions, window stool, apron, paneling on drywall. Real pain to do, windows were not plumb or square to each other. the structure is twisted as a result. But, its 25 feet in the air, and a Chandelier is going to obstruct the great job I did.

Just wow, great job on the moldings, looks amazing, I am sure you will still be able to appreciate your quantity work, even after the chandelier.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Nice work what kiND of light you gonna install. You should Def use the new style leds that puts out light and won’t be bad idea if you put rgb flood light pointing at the ceiling that will ve cool also.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

That turned out fantastic. Great work.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Its a 13,000 sq ft custom home in Greenwich Connecticut.

Did you do the whole house? Would love to see more pics if you have them since I’ll never be inside a house in Greenwich.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I live and work in Connecticut,I have no choice but to work in the cold.

Oh ok I had no idea where you where you were at. I have no choice but to work in the heat. We use a almost all MDF out here, it seems to work better for us. My son just started grad school up there in Cambridge Mass. and he will be getting climate shock soon.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Nice looking work you have done here. I don’t envy having to do that much trim up 25′ though.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Stilla
    Pro

They installed LED light strips on the top of the window stool to light up the cupola. In the pic I posted you can see the romex on the stool. The cupola sits at the top of a vaulted ceiling, and they used these LED lights to light the everything up. They are about 1,000 dollars for a 4 foot section.

Attachments:
    Stilla
    Pro

Yeah, I trimmed whole home with 1 other finish carpenter, an apprentice, and a laborer. We were on the job for about 1 year. Here are some pics of the room the cupola rest in. Its a 4 piece flying crown that measures over 13 inches. I also threw in a pic of the main stair case, where we did some panel work.

Stilla
    Pro

Thank you all for the awesome responses.

Thanks for the pic’s. You work is very nice!!

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Yeah, I trimmed whole home with 1 other finish carpenter, an apprentice, and a laborer. We were on the job for about 1 year. Here are some pics of the room the cupola rest in. Its a 4 piece flying crown that measures over 13 inches. I also threw in a pic of the main stair case, where we did some panel work.

Wow gorgeous work. I bet a house like that in Greenwich went for a sizeable sum.

My son just started grad school up there in Cambridge Mass. and he will be getting climate shock soon.

Dirty you’re right about that!! Hopefully this winter is more like last winter than the one two years ago. That year was painful in Eastern Mass.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Wow surprised you don’t have a bigger crew to get it done faster than that. A couple of the bigger ones we have done about the same size we had about 6 finish carpenters.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.365 seconds