dcsimg

My accident

Viewing 18 posts - 61 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I got lucky and got nothing put back on. I was told not to lift anything at all with it. My wrist is very stiff and he wants me to exercise it to try and get it moving again. I hope I can get the movement back. Still hurts but will do what he says.

That’s great news, Ron. It must be a relief to have the cast off. Good luck with the exercises, it will be nice to get some mobility back.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

I got lucky and got nothing put back on. I was told not to lift anything at all with it. My wrist is very stiff and he wants me to exercise it to try and get it moving again. I hope I can get the movement back. Still hurts but will do what he says.

That’s good news that you didn’t need any sort of plate and screws. Means one less surgery afterwards. Hopefully you heal quickly.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

@Boschmanbrian I did get a plate on each bone along with 16 screws . Doctor just didn’t put a cast on again after seeing him.

Doobie

That’s good to hear Ron. Glad to hear it.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Going to seethe surgeon today for the follow up. I hope he puts a removable splint on instead of what I have now. It would be nice to take a shower without a trash bag over my arm.

When they recast me, I opted for a fiberglass cast partly for that reason. See if they’ll do that. That was something I had to pay out of pocket for to upgrade to, but it wasn’t a lot. Can’t recall, but something like 20 or 50 bucks at the most.

I also went and carved out holes in mine with my OMT so it could breath better and to deal with itches. Mine looked like a Swiss cheese cast once I was done with it.

My daughter had a fiberglass cast put on yesterday. The wife said it cost $45 to upgrade to fiberglass. My daughter got a nice pink one. LOL!! Now it has black sharpie writing on it from her friends from camp.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

@boschmanbrian I did get a plate on each bone along with 16 screws . Doctor just didn’t put a cast on again after seeing him.

😯😥 Ouch , sorry Ron. Will They have to re op to remove that , or will it be permanent ,

Doobie

Going to seethe surgeon today for the follow up. I hope he puts a removable splint on instead of what I have now. It would be nice to take a shower without a trash bag over my arm.

When they recast me, I opted for a fiberglass cast partly for that reason. See if they’ll do that. That was something I had to pay out of pocket for to upgrade to, but it wasn’t a lot. Can’t recall, but something like 20 or 50 bucks at the most.

I also went and carved out holes in mine with my OMT so it could breath better and to deal with itches. Mine looked like a Swiss cheese cast once I was done with it.

My daughter had a fiberglass cast put on yesterday. The wife said it cost $45 to upgrade to fiberglass. My daughter got a nice pink one. LOL!! Now it has black sharpie writing on it from her friends from camp.

Well worth it imo. The nice thing is the don’t get filthy dirty looking and you can shower with it a lot easier. Nice a light compared to a plaster cast too.

How long til she needs to have it taken off?

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

@boschmanbrian I did get a plate on each bone along with 16 screws . Doctor just didn’t put a cast on again after seeing him.

😯😥 Ouch , sorry Ron. Will They have to re op to remove that , or will it be permanent ,

As far as I know the metal stays forever Brian. It is still so stiff that it still feels like I have a cast on. I am working it as much as I can and hope I get the movement back.

@GTokley I hope your Daughter heals fast. It has to be hard for her.

As far as I know the metal stays forever Brian. It is still so stiff that it still feels like I have a cast on. I am working it as much as I can and hope I get the movement back.

@gtokley I hope your Daughter heals fast. It has to be hard for her.

I hope you start getting better soon Ron , I guess they will issue you some sort of medical card that mentioned that you had surgery and a plate in your wrist area when and if you have to check in threw a airport detector or elsewhere.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I think it is a metal that doesn’t show on the scanners. I didn’t think about that. They were able to x-ray it. I will have to ask the doctor.

I think it is a metal that doesn’t show on the scanners. I didn’t think about that. They were able to x-ray it. I will have to ask the doctor.

Titanium ? I actually don’t know if any sort of metal that won’t show up. Interesting I’ll have to Google that.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

@gtokley I hope your Daughter heals fast. It has to be hard for her.

Thanks Ron. We hope she heals fast too. It has been hard on her. She has had alot pain from this.

Same to you. You need to start enjoying you retirement.

Well worth it imo. The nice thing is the don’t get filthy dirty looking and you can shower with it a lot easier. Nice a light compared to a plaster cast too.

How long til she needs to have it taken off?

Yeah we felt the same way.
    Not really sure how long will be on for. She has to see the doctor in 3 weeks.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Just get your name changed to Steve Austin and they won’t bother you when you try to go thru airport scanners Ron.

😉

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Lol @Doobie !

Today is day 20 of not smoking !!!!

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

That’s GREAT Ron.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Lol @doobie !

Wow! Good for you.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

Big congratz there Ron! How’d you do it?

I gotta quit too. Think I’ll cold turkey them again. I did it once before and went five years. I stupidly thought after so long I could just have the odd one and ended up regular smoker again within 3 months of doing that stupidity. Next time I’ll know better. I just had my first battle with cancer this past year, so it’s really time to quit. Fortunately it was a very treatable cancer and I’m all clear now, but bladder cancer in men is almost always smoking related.

Lol @doobie !

Congrats Ron , keep it up Bud. I believe it’s been 33 years for me.

Viewing 18 posts - 61 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.463 seconds