dcsimg

Multiples of the Same Tool

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 250 total)
  • Author
    Clev08
    Pro

I have multiple drills, I have m12 and m18 drills. When I need to run hole saws I go m18 Fuel all the way, if I’m just driving screws I go with my m12 driver because it is much lighter and still has plenty of power. Also keep my old brushed m18 when working around drywall mud and thin set

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have multiple drills, I have m12 and m18 drills. When I need to run hole saws I go m18 Fuel all the way, if I’m just driving screws I go with my m12 driver because it is much lighter and still has plenty of power. Also keep my old brushed m18 when working around drywall mud and thin set

What about the RPM of the M12?? It’s a lot slower than the 18volt ,,No????

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Milwaukee tools are confusing to me, they have M12 and M12 Fuel as well as M18 and M18 Fuel. I have some of the M12 Fuel (ratchet and impact) and they have almost comparable power and torque to a regular 18V tool. A 12V tool to me is good at saving weight and being in a smaller package that to me can fit in tighter spaces an 18V tool couldn’t. They are not meant to replace an 18V tool’s power or torque just be acceptable for all but the toughest of jobs. If you could only afford one tool line then it should be 18V to have all the bases covered.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

I was also thinking of having drills with different drill bits so I can be lazy and not switch them out.

We do it like that a lot. Also nice with the routers.

An artist I know has four 18v reciprocating saws from milwaukee with diamond bits. He cuts stone sculptures live. He uses one for 30 seconds and then puts it in a bin where the blade touches water (to cool). He then picks up the second for 30 seconds. Etc. He can keep doing that and create some amazing stuff live. Let me look up a picture of him :-)

Sure taking you a long time to cough up that pic Jummul. 😉

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have Multiples of most all of my tools.

Attachments:
    cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I think you need a new key board , your ?????? mark button really is getting sticky

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I think you need a new key board , your ?????? mark button really is getting sticky

Does that bother you more that guys that don’t capitalize or use bad grammar?? I do the best I can. I go back and reread all my stuff and know I still make a lot of mistakes. Heck If I were any smarter I couldn’t be a carpenter. I wished I had gone to school.

Doobie

Does that bother you more that guys that don’t capitalize or use bad grammar?? I do the best I can. I go back and reread all my stuff and know I still make a lot of mistakes. Heck If I were any smarter I couldn’t be a carpenter. I wished I had gone to school.

Don’t take this the wrong way Dirty, I think using ??? or !!! symbols denotes anger/frustration. I did not know this myself either until I learned it here on this forum some time ago reading thru the Forum Rules page here….

http://bethepro.com/forum-terms-of-use-rules/

Item #10 Posting Rules.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Don’t take this the wrong way Dirty, I think using ??? or !!! symbols denotes anger/frustration. I did not know this myself either until I learned it here on this forum some time ago reading thru the Forum Rules page here….

http://bethepro.com/forum-terms-of-use-rules/

Item #10 Posting Rules.

You hit the nail right on the head !

woodman_412

I was thinking today that having two of the 18V circ saws would be nice. I have mine set up for fine work with my cross cut jig and a 40 tooth blade in it with the dust collection attachment. I had to use it to cut some 2x4s to rough length today and was wishing that I had a second one with a coarse blade in it. Might consider that for having multiples of the same tool at some point.

Dan

danpattison.com

I was also thinking of having drills with different drill bits so I can be lazy and not switch them out.

We do it like that a lot. Also nice with the routers.

I can see why you do it Warren, time is money and it can add up fast

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

It’s difficult to have too many tape measures. I go through them quickly. I’m on my 4th in the past year, and the one I have now is on it’s last leg. They just don’t last: dust, rain, snow, ice, glue, and just a lot of use kills them.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

Milwaukee tools are confusing to me, they have M12 and M12 Fuel as well as M18 and M18 Fuel. I have some of the M12 Fuel (ratchet and impact) and they have almost comparable power and torque to a regular 18V tool. A 12V tool to me is good at saving weight and being in a smaller package that to me can fit in tighter spaces an 18V tool couldn’t. They are not meant to replace an 18V tool’s power or torque just be acceptable for all but the toughest of jobs. If you could only afford one tool line then it should be 18V to have all the bases covered.

theres not much confusion with it.. m12 is their standard 12v lineup and the fuel lineup is their brushless tools. same goes for their 18v

just like makita calls their standard lithium tools lxt and their brushless bx

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Mutliple tools. I have 4 drills. I am constantly drilling. I would like to have to circular saws as well

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Mutliple tools. I have 4 drills.

I think drills/drivers are the most power tools to have multiples of.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

It’s difficult to have too many tape measures. I go through them quickly. I’m on my 4th in the past year, and the one I have now is on it’s last leg. They just don’t last: dust, rain, snow, ice, glue, and just a lot of use kills them.

I’ve must have a dozen tapes laying around the garage and work room in my basement. That is one tool that every so often when I see on sale, I grab one or two. Some of the ones today just don’t last as long as the ones from the 70’s – 80’s.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

I have Multiples of most all of my tools.

Nice bostitch tape measure

@woodman_412
    Dan that’s a good idea, I have two cordless circular saws, and love having two, the last time I was at a client house, I had one up stairs in the washroom reno, and the other downstairs in the garage. Good idea.

And like most I have a couple , I have 3 drills and 3 impacts

Doobie

Forgot about tape measures. This year I think I bought about eight of them. There’s a few of my old ones that were ready for retirement. I even bought one of those walk-along types that they were clearing out at Lowes for half price. Real handy outside for measuring long distances and not having to roll up and unroll my 100 foot ones.

Got a couple of 35 footers too which I thought I’d only be using when necessary for distance but they stand out/project so far, been using them a lot. Never had 35 foot tapes before. Should have got some years ago. Luckily, got them at half price too. Those ones are normally somewhat expensive in comparison to 25 footers or smaller.

yellaD
    Pro

Who doesn’t need more routers? Set to specific tooling and depths? Luxurious!

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

I have about 3 routers. They all serve different purposes, though, so I consider them to be different tools (router table mounted, plunge/general, palm). I have so many multiples of hand tools since whenever I go to the used tool store I can’t help myself. I also used to have two table saws, one for cross/rip cuts and one for dadoes, but I sold my smaller one to make some room. I have multiple power drills, but only one impact driver (so far). Good thread I enjoyed reading through it.

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 250 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.843 seconds