dcsimg

Multiplaz

This topic contains 41 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  kwhit190211 2 years ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)
  • Author

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I had to post this, thought of a couple of guy’s here when I saw the video. @thedude306 and @theamcguy this is right up y’all’s alley. I want one, and I don’t do metal working.

Neat unit. I want one too.

Surprised you don’t need to wear a welding helmet while using.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Heck Yea Sven!!! I want one too. It’s very cool. I wonder if the weld is as strong as any other structural weld?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

That’s a crazy little welder for sure! I wonder how it works with no shielding gas, maybe the alcohol mix? And no compressed air for the plasma cutter, at least not that they mentioned? I don’t really need one, i’ve got a mig, a tig and oxy acetylene, but just the weird factor makes me want one!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sven, Thank you for posting the video. Looks like a neat tool for sure. Have to look for this when it gets released. Interesting concept to use alcohol and water.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

wow, this is pretty cool. I want one, as I want to learn to weld.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Looks like a versatile little welder/cutter. Like Bill said interesting using alcohol and water.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Easton, Pa

Very interesting little unit. Found this video..

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Thanks for posting, Sven. I like the versatility and the ease of use.
    I want one!

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without loss of enthusiasm.
    ...... Winston Churchill

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Looks like a nice little unit. If I did more metalwork, I think I would seriously consider it.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

From what I understand for cutting, you only need water. Welding you need the rubbing alcohol and water. It is a slick system for sure and seems easy enough to use. I think that it is nice not having to worry about shielding gasses, or anything else to make it work. Just run down to the local grocery store and grab the supplies. I would think that the savings there would pay off the machine in a hurry.

I forgot to mention that it will weld copper, stainless, aluminum, steel, and also do brazing. And you don’t need a face shield. I really like this system.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I think that it is nice not having to worry about shielding gasses, or anything else to make it work. Just run down to the local grocery store and grab the supplies. I would think that the savings there would pay off the machine in a hurry.

That is the big thing right there, no more trips to the welding supply store for gas and saving on the price of the bottle the gas comes in. Those bottles are several hundred dollars just for the bottle let alone the gas.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

BryanT
    Blocked
    Lake Ariel, PA

This is one nice cutter/welder. I am not a metal worker, but I would definitely get if I had some extra money. A real multi-purpose unit.

BryanT

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Here’s a link to the site for those interested.

http://www.multiplaz.com/index

Reading the site, I just saw this. This thing is incredible.

“Multiplaz 3500 can cut any metal, including high-alloy and stainless steel that can not be cut with oxygen cutting. Cutting ceramic tiles, quartz glass, bricks, concrete and other non-flammable materials is another unique feature of the Multiplaz 3500.”

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Easton, Pa

From what I understand for cutting, you only need water. Welding you need the rubbing alcohol and water. It is a slick system for sure and seems easy enough to use. I think that it is nice not having to worry about shielding gasses, or anything else to make it work. Just run down to the local grocery store and grab the supplies. I would think that the savings there would pay off the machine in a hurry.

That reminds me, I need to get my MIG bottle filled. I can hardly wait to see what that costs. Like everything else it’s been on a steady climb.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Really nice outfit. I don’t do enough metal work to justify it. I would like one though.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Really nice outfit. I don’t do enough metal work to justify it. I would like one though.

Did you see the part that you can cut other materials with it as well?

When you factor in the costs of the individual machines needed to provide the same functions as this (MIG, TIG, stick welder, Plasma cutter), the $2000 cost is a drop in the bucket.

You’d have to check the penetration level against the machine that its’s trying to replace, but from what you see here, it looks like a sure winner. The smart calibration feature, based on your supply voltage is a nice touch!!

gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

I was wondering about the quality of welds as well, but as long as you get some penetration, it should be fine for most home built projects. It looks like most of the welding must be done tig style, using the torch for heat and holding the filler in the other hand

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

$ 2000.00, a little steep, seeing how it’s not gas powered…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.733 seconds