dcsimg

Multi X Issue

Tagged: 

This topic contains 29 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Austin 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I had an issue today with my Multi-X OMT. The blade won’t release, the lever to release the blade still moves but it doesn’t pull the jaws together to release the blade…I even tried to use a pair of pliers to pull the jaws together but no go…Has anyone else had this problem?
    @boschtoolsservice

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

I had an issue today with my Multi-X OMT. The blade won’t release, the lever to release the blade still moves but it doesn’t pull the jaws together to release the blade…I even tried to use a pair of pliers to pull the jaws together but no go…Has anyone else had this problem?
    @boschtoolsservice

The 3.0 or the 18v? I havent had any issues, but my 18 has been stiff before. A bit of jigaloo and all is well. Have you tried hitting it with wd40 or similar?

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

cant say i have.. still have yet to use one of the tool less omt`s , the trigger burnt out on my cordless rigid but was fixed free via warrenty then the batteries died…

cordless milwaukee motor burnt out after a year and my bosch 2.5`s gear box was totally burnt up.. looked into getting it fixed but they wanted $110 to fix,, found a refurbed makita for $65 at princess auto.. only thing wrong with it was the packaging was damaged because of it the accessories fell out..

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

The 3.0 or the 18v? I havent had any issues, but my 18 has been stiff before. A bit of jigaloo and all is well. Have you tried hitting it with wd40 or similar?

The 3.0. I hit it with WD it didn’t do anything. I’m going to look at it more in depth this weekend before I put in a service request.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

@svensshutters had an issue with his Multi X, but I can’t say I’ve ever had any trouble with mine!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I was using a 18v bosch toady and itcan be a little sticky but it never totally is stuck.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

The lever moves but the jaws don’t? Sounds like a broken link somewhere!

Pull the rubber plug out above the spindle and insert the proper sized Allen wrench to tighten it. That should fix the problem.

Anything is possible if your wallet is thick enough ~ my father

Doobie

That sucks Chad. I’m interested in the outcome on this. Been looking at maybe getting some Bosch OMT’s especially with their impending new prods coming to NA, but not if this is maybe a common or typical issue with them.

I’ve had an OMT for 15 years now. Just love that damn tool so much I bought a second one a while back with a more modern locking mechanism.

Have to admit, the Starlock has my interest piqued! Still not got my head wrapped around all the details, but riffling thru that other thread on it, I am intrigued/interested.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Pull the rubber plug out above the spindle and insert the proper sized Allen wrench to tighten it. That should fix the problem.

That sounds like a good idea.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@svensshutters had an issue with his Multi X, but I can’t say I’ve ever had any trouble with mine!

I remember he did , i can recall some members said use oil spray , and others mentioned using a compressor and blowing out the small particals off dirt that can get lodged in the small space , hopefully you can get it all fixed up .

@chadm any luck with it? Have you heard back from them?

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I haven’t had a chance to mess with it yet. I want to check it out myself before I call customer service…could just need a good cleaning.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I haven’t had a chance to mess with it yet. I want to check it out myself before I call customer service…could just need a good cleaning.

Hopefully it will be something simple and you can fix it yourself.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I fixed the problem with my Multi-X…there is a set screw directly above the blade jaws, this screw was completely loose. I put some loctite on the threads and tightened in back up and it works fine now.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Good to hear that, I’ve always wondered what that plug does. If mine suffer the same problem I know how to fix it now.

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Chad, thanks for sharing that little piece of wisdom about the Bosch OMT.

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

All of that vibration is bound to knock a screw loose! Glad you were able to fix it with minimal down time!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Good to hear that it was an easy fix, it case it happens to any of the rest of us.

Will

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I fixed the problem with my Multi-X…there is a set screw directly above the blade jaws, this screw was completely loose. I put some loctite on the threads and tightened in back up and it works fine now.

Glad to hear you managed to get it fixed , and thanks for the info , could save many hastles for other memmbers ,

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.600 seconds