dcsimg

Mudroom & laundry room vinyl flooring

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Updated these rooms with new vinyl flooring from smartcore which was bought at lowes by the client . I believe from what the floor sales guy said there discontinuing this color from there lineup .

Do you guys butt up to the baseboard with your gap and then add your 1/4 round . Or remove the existing baseboard and reinstall after the flooring has been done for a cleaner look .

Always willing to learn .

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

1/4 round or no depends on the home, the HO and the look. Modern, clean will not have any but old, traditional will have 3/4″ or larger.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Nice job on the floor. I sure like installing vinyl plank.
    I do ether on the base. Depends on the HO. But do like the look better without 1/4 round.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

1/4 round or no depends on the home, the HO and the look. Modern, clean will not have any but old, traditional will have 3/4″ or larger.

I try to remove the old base of its only 3”1/4 typical base anything bigger I try to leave on the wall .

Nice job on the floor. I sure like installing vinyl plank.
    I do ether on the base. Depends on the HO. But do like the look better without 1/4 round.

Yeah these jobs are Instant gratification for you and the client . It’s hard to put 1/4 round in front of door trim never looks good .

CB
    Pro

. Do you guys butt up to the baseboard with your gap and then add your 1/4 round . Or remove the existing baseboard and reinstall after the flooring has been done for a cleaner look .

I remove existing baseboard. 1/4 round after the fact reads like quick and dirty hack.

Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

. Do you guys butt up to the baseboard with your gap and then add your 1/4 round . Or remove the existing baseboard and reinstall after the flooring has been done for a cleaner look .

I remove existing baseboard. 1/4 round after the fact reads like quick and dirty hack.

Very true the big company’s on tv who sell flooring like crazy just use shoe moulding and I’ve seen some bad work .

CB
    Pro

Very true the big company’s on tv who sell flooring like crazy just use shoe moulding and I’ve seen some bad work .

I haven’t had a TV set in more than 25 years, but I’m not surprised.

People want quick, easy, and cheap… so they can get back on Facebook or whatever the heck it is that they do as they strut on past complete hack on their floors with that 1/4 round.

I had a neighbor (who repeatedly begged me to fix this and that on her house, and I always declined, because I knew her too well) invite me over to see her new kitchen floors. Yup, you guessed it. 1/4 rounds, then the molding.

All she could rave about was how fast the guys were in and out.

All I could think about was how my instincts were correct in not working for her. Although I did fix a problem under her house, but that was a safety related issue, and I didn’t charge her a dime, and I supplied all the materials and labor.

She was so proud of that hacked in kitchen floor, she sold the house. I’d probably work for the new woman who ended up buying it… but she already had a very competent collection of crew in her personal rolodex… and every improvement she has commissioned has been an absolute home run. Such a difference between one person and the next, even while both are about the same age, the same sex, the same status, the same education level, etc.

Point is, many people are pleased as punch with what you and I might consider hack.

Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

Here’s another small laundry room were we added some cabinets and extend the counter top out flush with washer / dryer edge .

Here’s another small laundry room were we added some cabinets and extend the counter top out flush with washer / dryer edge .

Nice Will , did you add any other finishing around the water supply box that is slightly higher than the back of the counter.
    Makes for a nice long counter top. 👍

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.461 seconds