dcsimg

MRC23 Use in Router Lift?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Looking for a higher powered router motor for my JessEm Mast-R-Lift Excel table, and was looking at the 1617EVS or the MRC23.

My question is in regards to the rail that is a part of the MRC23 motor. In the description, it says that it is a 5V rail, so when you remove the motor, does that rail disable the motor for use as a stand-alone? I know that this isn’t an issue with the 1617, but I’m concerned that if I remove it from the base, will it work as a stand-alone in my lift.

Anyone have one out there who can shed some light on this?

Cheers,

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Yes, I’d you pull the motor from the base its basically useless. The on/off switch is located on the base.

I’d skip the MR23 for table use age and go with something meant for it….like the Triton TRA001.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Thanks @jponto07 – unfortunately, because the Triton TRA001 is a fixed base plunge router, the motor is not removable, and I can’t use it in my router lift. I have the older Canadian version, the TRC001, which doesn’t have the above table height adjustment that the newer versions have.

I need the motor alone, which can be mounted in the built in router lift in my table. Any fixed body router, where the motor cannot be removed, will NOT work, as you can’t mount it in the lift.

The 1617EVS, at 2.25HP, will definitely work, and the Porter Cable 7518 or Milwaukee 5626 will both give me a 3.25HP capability in the table.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

That’s unfortunate! The Triton is a top notch router!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

I agree – love mine, but with my current table setup, its just not usable as a table mounted router. I also have the Hitachi M12V, the original version, and it is also top notch for a 3.25HP router……..

The Jessem table that I have has no router plate insert – the lift is integrated directly into the table. Otherwise, I would have made a replacement plate for it and tried to modify it for the Triton.

Will keep looking!

That’s unfortunate! The Triton is a top notch router!

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

The Jessem table that I have has no router plate insert – the lift is integrated directly into the table. Otherwise, I would have made a replacement plate for it and tried to modify it for the Triton.

Will keep looking!

@geordie99
    You Jessem table, Did it not come with a list in the product manual of routers that could mount in the lift?

Just checked the manual online, here is the router table list:

Porter Cable 7518
    Porter Cable 690/890
    Bosch 1617/1618
    DeWalt 610/616/618
    Craftsman 17543/17540/28190
    Makita 1101
    Hitachi M12VC/KM12VC
    Milwaukee 5626
    Milwaukee 5615/5616/5619
    Rigid R29302

Guess you’ll need to go over the spec’s of these to see which best fits your needs.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I have talked to a guy that put a big Milwaukee in a router lift and he likes it just fine. I am sure it was a 3 hp or better.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Thanks @jponto07 – unfortunately, because the Triton TRA001 is a fixed base plunge router, the motor is not removable, and I can’t use it in my router lift. I have the older Canadian version, the TRC001, which doesn’t have the above table height adjustment that the newer versions have.

I need the motor alone, which can be mounted in the built in router lift in my table. Any fixed body router, where the motor cannot be removed, will NOT work, as you can’t mount it in the lift.

The 1617EVS, at 2.25HP, will definitely work, and the Porter Cable 7518 or Milwaukee 5626 will both give me a 3.25HP capability in the table.

The 1617 works great, and I just use the table base made for it, lets me adjust the height pretty well. Its basically the fixed base without the turned handles

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Yah right now I have the porter cable 690 in my router table and it works great. If you want you can come try it out.

@geordie99

There is a way to get away with using the MR23 in a lift and outside of either base:

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

@geordie99

There is a way to get away with using the MR23 in a lift and outside of either base:

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/-vcUa4XA_AU?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Very cool video. One thing that stands out to me, on this one as well as my 1617, is the lack of vibration. The soft start and smooth running of the machine is clearly evident.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Yes I did see this list Frank – and for the beefier jobs that I will be doing, I will probably go with either the Milwaukee 5626 or the Porter Cable 7815.

Will keep looking!

@geordie99,
    You Jessem table, Did it not come with a list in the product manual of routers that could mount in the lift?

Porter Cable 7518
    Porter Cable 690/890
    Bosch 1617/1618
    DeWalt 610/616/618
    Craftsman 17543/17540/28190
    Makita 1101
    Hitachi M12VC/KM12VC
    Milwaukee 5626
    Milwaukee 5615/5616/5619
    Rigid R29302

Guess you’ll need to go over the spec’s of these to see which best fits your needs.

@r-ice
    – The table that I bought came with the 690 as well, but as it is only 1.75HP, it would struggle with large raised panel bits and heavier operations. I don’t want to burn it out by overworking it.

The two that I mentioned above are both 3.25HP, so it looks like a shootout between those.

Yah right now I have the porter cable 690 in my router table and it works great. If you want you can come try it out.

Awesome video @reflector, but since the 1617EVS is roughly the same HP, and it will be dedicated in a table, I would probably go with the 1617 over the MRC23, as it would need no modifications to work.

@geordie99

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/-vcUa4XA_AU?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

geordie99,

I like the Makita and the Hitachi the most,,,

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

geordie99

@reflector,
    Great find, That will come in handy later down the road. ThanX

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

From the Bosch Product Manager:
    Unfortunately, the MR23EVS motor, which is included in all of our MR routers, will not work in any “aftermarket” router “lift”. The reason is that in order for the MR23EVS motor to be switched on, it needs to be installed in either the MRF01 or MRP01 Bosch router bases.

Because the MRF01 fixed base itself allows depth adjustment from above a router table, so an aftermarket router lift isn’t necessary.

As an alternative, the 1617EVS motor works very well in the router lifts, such as the JessEm

Sorry for the delay in answering.

Cheers,

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.263 seconds