dcsimg

MPG with your truck

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    parenos
    Honesdale, PA

What kind of MPG’s is everyone getting with their trucks. I have a Ram 1500 and need to upgrade. I only get 11 MPG and its killing my wallet. I pull a 12 ft trailer, so would need something big enough to pull that.

woodman_412

I’m assuming that you’re talking US mpg and not imperial mpg. I’m getting an average of 19 mpg (US) with my Toyota Tundra double cab. I usually calculate in imperial mpg which is 22 mpg.

Dan

danpattison.com

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

yeah, sorry I always forget about my neighbors to the north.

I have 2012 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab. I average 19 mpg.I usually pull a 6-foot trailer with a 3 man crew.

I’v got a Chev 2500 and pull a 6 x 10 heavy trailer. 10-15 mpg. Goes with territory I guess

~ Rob at http://www.ConcordCarpenter.com

I moved from an E150 cargo van to a Honda Odyssey. I don’t carry a lot of big tools and large materials, nor pull a trailer, so it works for me. The back is chock full of hardware and tool kits, though.

I went from “I don’t wanna know but it’s poor” mileage to averaging 22mpg on mixed highway and residential work to 34 mpg all expressway. The last full year I had my E150, I spent $4000 in fuel, my single largest business expense for the year. I miss the space, but not that much.

joesainz
    Keymaster
    Chicago, IL

I’ve got a V6 (4.2L) in my current truck. Seems to get a solid 15+ mpg (US). Lately it seems like it is mostly empty, so that helps.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

im driving a chev colorado extended cab right now.. here we go by kilometers, depending on how much gear i have in it it ranges from 23-27 kms per litre

however i might be upgrading to a nissan frontier shorlty.. anyone else driving these how are they

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

occasionally i have to modify an existing shelf or built in to update things. sometimes the client wants it but the existing just wont work with what they want so i have to build it from scratch.. its all situational..

just one note rob, is the 2nd set of shelves from the left slightl off on the standards.. they look out of level. my eye picked it up pretty quick

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

I was thinking about going to a smaller truck, but was not sure if it would pull my 6 by 12. I dont carry a lot of weight, also thought about going with a diesel. have heard pretty good MPG and they run forever.

woodman_412

I went from a 4 cylinder Toyota Tacoma to a V8 Toyota Tundra. I loved the fuel mileage of the Tacoma (25 US mpg) but it was a bit more of a struggle to pull my 5×10 cargo trailer. It pulled it ok but you could tell that it was a bit of a strain on it…especially on the hills. You can hardly tell that the trailer is back there with the Tundra. If it wasn’t for the trailer the Tacoma worked great for me. I looked at the V6 Tacoma’s but the fuel mileage of the V6 wasn’t all that much better than the V8 in the Tundra. For the slightly higher fuel cost I opted for more power and more space.

The other thing that made me switch trucks is a growing family. I needed a full double cab to replace the access cab to fit a baby seat in the back. I find if you drive with a light foot the V8 isn’t a killer in fuel. If you’re looking for some good fuel efficiency tips check out mpgomatic.com It really boils down to using as light a touch as possible on the gas and letting off the gas long before you need to stop to use your momentum to cover distance rather than turning the energy into heat in your brakes.

Dan

danpattison.com

bkochel
    Pro

ford f150 and about 12 mpg. it definitely hurts the wallet every week.

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

and the gas prices keep going up and up and up

I drive a 2012 GMC 1500 Denali Crew Cab. It gets very good gas mileage from 15 to 18 mpg. I also pull a 28′ travel trailer so it has plenty of power. This truck has a big motor and I’m convinced that helps tremendously with the gas mileage pulling the trailer, etc.

Type: Gas/Ethanol V8
    Size: 6.2L/378
    Horsepower: 403 @ 5700 RPM
    Torque: 417 @ 4300 RPM
    Max Payload: 1650

This particular motor is much larger than the standard motor for 1500 series.

woodman_412

Todd – That’s pretty good mileage for an engine that size. Do you drive it with a light foot? I find it’s not too hard to exceed the official mileage estimates for your truck or car if you drive with fuel efficiency in mind.

I think gas is generally still cheaper for you guys south of the border than it is here in Canada. It’s $1.27 per litre in PEI which would work out to $4.80 per gallon.

Dan

danpattison.com

I drive a 2000 Nissan. Don’t exactly the MPG
    But its great and low on gas. I go everywhere in it.
    Won’t trade it in. I been offered 4 grand for it.
    Not for sale. I keep it it top shape since
    This truck is my money maker.
    Been looking into 2012 model Nissan.but
    For now this truck will do. It does the same
    As a newer model.

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

I will be looking for something this summer. I hope diesel. Gas just keeps going up. It makes me cringe every time I fill up.

woodman_412

How does the price of diesel compare to gas there Brian? Diesel is more expensive than gas here.

Dan

danpattison.com

cfoss
    Pro

Toyota tundra crew cab 5.7L v8 with a cap and usually a full load in the back. I’ve been averaging 15-17 mpg was getting 19-21 empty and no cap.

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

Diesel is more expensive here, but a few guys I have talked to regarding their Diesel trucks, they claim they get 20-25 miles a gallon and of course you can put 3-400k miles on the truck without any issues.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.587 seconds