dcsimg

Mother of Tool Stores

This topic contains 50 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

that is impressive they get to Hawaii so fast!

Shoes form Zappos in 3 days.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Seems like Amazon is the mother of all stores!

It really is a one stop shop, and if you can get free shipping, then it is cheaper than going to the store.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Does anyone know where in Japan is this Mother of all tool stores? My sons over there for the next month.

Dirty

Sorry I can’t help you there. Their style of tools are different and it would be great to see that kind of store there. If they find one, have them take pics you can load onto the forum if you would.

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

You get free two day shipping so it is only worth it if you purchase a lot of stuff. On avg my wife and I plus work stuff I get things 3x per week. More during the summer months.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I heard on the news today that Amazon was going to start opening brick and mortar stores.

Dirty

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

So…. will they start charging tax, wages & benefits, building rent, insurance and janitorial fees?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

A lot of states are already requiring amazon to collect and pay sales taxes. Therefore it makes sense to open brick and mortar stores in those areas.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous

With the stuff you can get on Amazon I can’t imagine how big of a store it would take to get it all in there LOL. In fact I’m not so sure an entire shopping mall would be enough. Even the Mall of America in Minneapolis LOL. It would be interesting what they would stock though. i wish there was a store around here that would carry more Bosch stuff. My 2 HD’s do not have one Bosch tool, But luckily they have a few blades and bits

I heard on the news today that Amazon was going to start opening brick and mortar stores.

That could be a really interesting development. Not sure at all how they are going to decide what to stock and what not to stock. Perhaps it will be more like a warehouse that you can also happen to pick up items at… and not really a typical store in any fashion?

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

So…. will they start charging tax, wages & benefits, building rent, insurance and janitorial fees?

I know Amazon was cheaper but now they seem to be the same as when stuff is on sale around here. For example a box of 700 SS trim head screws for Kerg deck jig 80 bucks over here at WoodCraft 75 bucks plus tax.

Dirty

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.225 seconds