dcsimg

More Yard Sale Finds

This topic contains 303 replies, has 49 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 304 total)
  • Author

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Hit some sales yesterday, did OK Picked up some hand tools for a total of $2 A partial bulk box of Lenox sawzall blades for $5. I think I’m set for blades for a while !! Also got a 5 drawer metal file cabinet (more tool storage in the garage) for $5. And last but not least… I stopped at one sale and the guy had buckets of hardware (new). A variety of nuts, bolts, screws and nails and all were sorted in ziplocks. Buck a bag,, I found some bolts I’ll need for an upcoming project so I picked them up. Then I spotted a stack of sandpaper, full sheets about an inch thick, for a buck so I picked them up. The guy says “do you need some way to organize your hardware”? He has 3 large boxes of plastic storage bins in assorted sizes. He told me there’s 102 of them ! I bought them for $15! He tossed in the bolts and sandpaper, and had 3 more stacks of sandpaper he tossed in and told me to put in in another box he had there and I could also have whatever is in the box ! I didn’t even look through that box yet.

Thats a lot of blades for a unreal price. I will give you $5 for half of them lol

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

Sounds like you had a better day than me. Here’s m finds for yesterday:

Snap ring pliers set – $10

All the fishing junk – $15

Router table/bits/and router – $25

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Thats a lot of blades for a unreal price. I will give you $5 for half of them lol

That’s exactly what I thought ! Maybe I’ll count them just for the heck of it.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

That’s a nice set of snap ring pliers ! I would have grabbed them too. I pass up a lot of lures, but I do keep an eye out for the older Mitchell spinning reels. The ones made in France. I have a nice collection of them going back to the first one my Dad bought for me when I was a kid. I still fish them too

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

That is a steal, on those blades. What a great find.

Looks like your searching for deals is well worth your while. How do you zero in on this stuff?

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Looks like your searching for deals is well worth your while. How do you zero in on this stuff?

I don’t really zero in…. I just get lucky sometimes, and it’s not always like yesterday, sometimes I strike out too

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

That’s a nice set of snap ring pliers ! I would have grabbed them too. I pass up a lot of lures, but I do keep an eye out for the older Mitchell spinning reels. The ones made in France. I have a nice collection of them going back to the first one my Dad bought for me when I was a kid. I still fish them too

The pliers aren’t as good as they appear at a glance, which I knoew when I bought them. There made by Pittsburgh which is a Harbor freight brand. The same set new is on sale now for $15.99, regular $19.99.

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Got 2000′ of rg6 for $10 yesterday. I like to prewire all my projects and paid 10 cents/ft last time I bought some

--Steve

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Got 2000′ of rg6 for $10 yesterday. I like to prewire all my projects and paid 10 cents/ft last time I bought some

That’s a steal. I never seem to land on the ones that have anything more than a tricycle missing a wheel.

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

Nice I wish I’d go to more garage sales.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Hit some sales yesterday, did OK

I think you did better than OK. Wish I could find a score like that.

Anonymous

A partial bulk box of Lenox sawzall blades for $5.

Holy crap you did good on those blades, Unreal bargain right there

Oh man, Was that the asking price or did ya work them, That’s a great deal

Nice one, I’ve been paying 20cents a foot but it comes with the nice ends. I like to make my own custom lengths too but I don’t have a real end tool, I’ve been using the screw on ones a lot too.

You guys have been doing wonderful at these garage sales, Makes me want to start going to them. The few I’ve ever been too weren’t anything like this stuff. Congrats to ya all

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I counted the blades ……. 124, and have to add, that zip tie tool goes for $45. new, That pretty much more than covered everything I bought

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

You did good on that ! Is that the whole spool ?

Y’all are giving me the itch to go scouting about at different garage sales or estate sales… But honestly my “to buy” list is getting close to pretty much just dreamy stuff or unnecessary stuff these days… though it finds a way to grow every day somehow…!

John S

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

whoa, that is a ton of blades, at first glance i thought they were form ties.

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

You did good on that ! Is that the whole spool ?

2 spools

--Steve

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

Just found out one of the lures in the fishing junk I got dates to probably pre-1911, and is a collectors item.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 304 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.873 seconds