dcsimg

More Safety Fails

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

That gang box sure took a beating. That wouldn’t have been fun to be in front of.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

<p style=” margin:8px 0 0 0; padding:0 4px;”> Thanks for the DM. @ridgidpowertools Incident: At about 6:50AM on the morning of (date) a gang box exploded on site located at (address). The cause of the explosion was determined to be a (subcontractor) worker using a lighter to see the code of his gang box’s lock, which caused a cylinder of acetylene to explode. There was extensive damage to the gang box and its contents, with additional minor damage to the adjacent walls and HVAC ductwork. The injured worker was identified as (unlucky SOB), an employee of (subcontractor). Mr. SOB was rushed to the hospital, but his injuries were reported to be cuts, bruises, and a broken ankle.- no-mad . . #isthisokosha #construction #contractor #jobsite #gangbox #explosion #damage #tools #ridgid #ridgidpowertools #ridgidtools #ridgidbox</p> <p style=” color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;”>A post shared by sendVideo HeyOsha4ig@yahoo.com (@osha_is_this_ok) on <time style=” font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px;” datetime=”2017-02-14T15:13:07+00:00″>Feb 14, 2017 at 7:13am PST</time></p>

<script async defer src=”//platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js”></script>

well that didn’t embed well at all but the link works. basically some guy couldn’t see in the dark and had no flashlights so he used a lighter, lit up a bottle and the whole thing exploded.

Heck of a wakeup.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I guess those footings and piers were not necessary after all.

Doobie

Surprised to see somebody in the pic actually strolling along on it. You’d think it would be closed to access.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It looks like they were too short???

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Lol looks like everything hot washed out from around and underneath. I’m sure it’s still strong enough, but I’m not too sure I’d be strolling across it.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

sign of a well build bridge and you would assume they would pour a deeper footing for a bridge.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Is that one of those floating footers?
    Maybe if they put the water back in no one will notice.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Is that one of those floating footers?
    Maybe if they put the water back in no one will notice.

They used structural air fill under the piers

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I like that there are people standing on it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I took this picture this morning because as I am watching the trailer bump over the railroad tracks I noticed the guys on it!

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I took this picture this morning because as I am watching the trailer bump over the railroad tracks I noticed the guys on it!

Would that be a city truck delivering recycle bins? Would not be funny if one of the guys fell off, not to mention any of the bins.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Would that be a city truck delivering recycle bins? Would not be funny if one of the guys fell off, not to mention any of the bins.

I thought it was city at first but the truck had a private company on the side of it, maybe a contract for the city? Definitely not funny if a guy or bin fell off. That road is a 45 mph “highway”, super busy and everyone speeds.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No I don’t think it would be funny at all. That’s the norm around here. Guys ride in the back of trucks all the time. Sanitation workers stand on the bumper all day long.
    I misread the thing,,,,,,

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

No I don’t think it would be funny at all. That’s the norm around here. Guys ride in the back of trucks all the time. Sanitation workers stand on the bumper all day long.

I understand standing on the back of a garbage truck – it’s the norm all over the place, however that’s only when they are going slow, not in transit. A trailer is a totally different situation though. It bucks twice as much as the tow vehicle when it hits a bump.

I understand standing on the back of a garbage truck – it’s the norm all over the place, however that’s only when they are going slow, not in transit. A trailer is a totally different situation though. It bucks twice as much as the tow vehicle when it hits a bump.

Yes I understand too standing on the back of a truck in residential. The trucks are going so slow. But this was 45 mph over 3 sets of railroad tracks and then off down the road! Well some people just don’t think too hard I guess…

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

however that’s only when they are going slow, not in transit.

The trucks are going so slow.

Nope not here, The garbage men get paid on the huki Pau system. When they are in transit to their routes they are moving fast! It doesn’t look like those guys are very worried.
    If you guys think that’s dangerous that’s too bad. Stay safe up there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I thought it was city at first but the truck had a private company on the side of it, maybe a contract for the city? Definitely not funny if a guy or bin fell off. That road is a 45 mph “highway”, super busy and everyone speeds.

That’s also illegal

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s also illegal

Maybe they wern’t in Iowa??? They let the stuff go over here. Too many farm worker get moved around like that.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

That’s also illegal

Maybe they wern’t in Iowa??? They let the stuff go over here. Too many farm worker get moved around like that.

hey now, I grew up there, rode in the back of lots of pickup trucks and on a lot of hay racks.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.385 seconds