dcsimg

MODS – Site test

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 134 total)
  • Author

Mods, I am testing out the response time of the site with a lot of diagnostic tools, in the hopes that I can save you some time and help figure out what is going on.

As this does not contribute to the discussion, can you please remove any points I may accrue from posts to this thread? I may need to post a few times, but am not trying to get a pile of fake points from it.

Thanks
    Eric

test post

noted so far: header image stalled

Please let me know if there is a dev or staging version of this, and if so, whether I can have a poke around. Looks like the facebook plugin and the Worpress theme we are using are not playing nice. No idea who the culprit is yet

Please let me know if there is a dev or staging version of this, and if so, whether I can have a poke around. Looks like the facebook plugin and the Worpress theme we are using are not playing nice. No idea who the culprit is yet

To explain, I am recording and reviewing events on page refresh, on post submission (with and without quoting) – to see if differenet behaviours are observed. So far, not having issues with submission, just cold page load. Also only seeing issues when page not in cache. Can reproduce the issue on Chrome with Ctrl-F5, which means the reason Chrome is having fewer issues is that it is caching something that the other browsers are not.

dfhadgjaj

sdhfjahsgjd.éflgk

Doobie

If you need me to help somehow Mtl Medic, lemme know as I’ve point maxed out for the day and earn nothing by helping here.

If you need me to help somehow Mtl Medic, lemme know as I’ve point maxed out for the day and earn nothing by helping here.

Perfect. Mind posting gibberish as often as you can (in this thread) for the next 5 minutes? I will watch to see if my browser response times change.

Wish I could see the server-side stats….

So far, about a million “warning” level items and a few stalls, but nothing in the site code that does this.

Will watch @doobie to see if its server strain, not that one person could cause it.

Might be at the upper limits of what I can see.

Found something that can be fixed.

Zemanta Loader is an old legacy tracker that adds some serious time.

See
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/loader-from-wprpzemantacom

@Admin
    Might want to remove it. It adds about 5-10 seconds to load time when it stalls, and it is never beneficial, so not worth keeping around

Side note: Its nice code overall – props to whomever did it besides the out of the box wordpress theme. I especially like the FancyBox Light Box.

All right – calling it for now. May continue after supper.

Thanks @Doobie

Besides the Zemanta Loader, disabling all facebook tools and removing the header image should speed up the page significantly. Might be worth trying (yes, I know it is not something anyone wants to do).

Doobie

Perfect. Mind posting gibberish as often as you can (in this thread) for the next 5 minutes? I will watch to see if my browser response times change.

Wish I could see the server-side stats….

Gotcha. I was away.

Doobie

gstsshgnhgmkjh,ghjfuy

Doobie

ffrrwewgdgthhm,,g,,k,fgjhfbzdfz

Doobie

rerggghnjmmddnbnff

Doobie

It tells me I’m going too fast some times.

Doobie

All right – calling it for now. May continue after supper.

Thanks @Doobie

Ooops! Missed that. I’ll check in later.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.431 seconds