dcsimg

Modified Cart for Bosch (Sortimo) L-Boxx Transport

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

How does that cart work going up and down stairs???

Really? How do any carts work going up and down stairs?

That’s one of the reasons I was thinking of the SysCart over a flatbed style of transporter. You still get a four wheel cart, but also one that you can pull up stairs when needed.

The SysCart is pretty neat. Too bad Bosch doesn’t improve their L-Cart.
    Well they did a bit but didn’t add any new features to it.
    Something similar like this cart would be smart.
    I mean they do have everything. just use the parts from the VAC140 (14gal dust extractor) 😀

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

I bought these 3D printed clips from an eBay seller for $14 a pair. The finish on the clips is a little rough, but they are strong and mate perfectly with the L-Boxx. I bought them in red to match the Bosch trim color.

Very nice cart you build there @mikek
    Btw one of our members @kswiss makes those clips as well.

I have a lot of clips that I had 3d printed for about a buck each. Real useful

MikeK
    Pro
    Darmstadt, Germany, APO

That’s one of the reasons I was thinking of the SysCart over a flatbed style of transporter. You still get a four wheel cart, but also one that you can pull up stairs when needed.

That is a neat setup, but this what I am trying to get away from. I don’t want to carry the entire load up or down stairs, because that is what I am doing now with the huge Pelican case. I’d rather make four trips with 30 pounds each time than make one trip with with 120 pounds.

The SysCart is pretty neat. Too bad Bosch doesn’t improve their L-Cart.
    Well they did a bit but didn’t add any new features to it.
    Something similar like this cart would be smart.
    I mean they do have everything. just use the parts from the VAC140 (14gal dust extractor) 😀

That is a pretty neat looking cart, but it is still just one tower
    The way Mike did his, he gets two rows,

That being said, I would take either one of those in a heart beat lol

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Nice cart idea but wouldn’t you already have to be invested in Festool Systainers?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

BrianT
    Pro

I know that Sortimo also offers different carts which are suitable for L- Boxxes:
    http://www.sortimo-shop.us/category-s/118.htm

I actually bought a Workmo unit which can also fit the boxxes and can be put on a roller. I love that solution. It works great in my workshop but I can easily move it around
    https://www.sortimo-shop.us/product-p/1000004461.htm

Professional Tool user

Attachments:
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I know that Sortimo also offers different carts which are suitable for L- Boxxes:
    http://www.sortimo-shop.us/category-s/118.htm

I actually bought a Workmo unit which can also fit the boxxes and can be put on a roller. I love that solution. It works great in my workshop but I can easily move it around
    https://www.sortimo-shop.us/product-p/1000004461.htm

The WORKTABLE MDF PERFORATED WORKMO H1000 is pretty cool which you posted.

Sortimo has definitely some pretty cool items.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Hangman
    Pro

Been curious about those 3D printed clips, they did appear to have a rough printed finish. Great to see them utilized for your particular needs, well done. For indoor use I have the L-Dolly and love the casters, the ball bearings make moving any weight load as effortless as dancing is to Baryshnikov. For getting around I typically use the L-Cart and a wide velcro strap handle which works better than the supplied Bosch Bungee. If I’m going directly to a vehicle the Dolly works great, if I’m lugging cases on the NYC Subway the cart is best. Obviously you’re moving quite load so this solution is great!

Hard to decide part of me would like to build a custom base, the other side of me is so happy with the L-Dolly! It’s great to see these forums, useful information to glean and dispense in turn!

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

Attachments:

@Hangman looks like you have a decent amount of Bosch tools and accessories,
    Nice tower of Bosch,

Hangman
    Pro

Without exaggeration that’s not even a third of it all in the picture! Thanks It’s finally dawned upon me I could place the GLI Porta LED L-Boxx atop a stack of boxes! Certainly is real handy when I do installation but I wasn’t using it in my workspace. Typically I have anywhere for 4-8 FLA12V’s for work lighting, using the Poeta LED now I only need 2-3 additional FLA lights.

Why Bosch doesn’t release those lighted L-Boxxes is beyond me, they are super useful. Certainly the New 18V Flood Light is a must have for any Bosch enthusiast, it’s nice to have the integration.

Attachments:

Without exaggeration that’s not even a third of it all in the picture! Thanks It’s finally dawned upon me I could place the GLI Porta LED L-Boxx atop a stack of boxes! Certainly is real handy when I do installation but I wasn’t using it in my workspace. Typically I have anywhere for 4-8 FLA12V’s for work lighting, using the Poeta LED now I only need 2-3 additional FLA lights.

Why Bosch doesn’t release those lighted L-Boxxes is beyond me, they are super useful. Certainly the New 18V Flood Light is a must have for any Bosch enthusiast, it’s nice to have the integration.

I really need to get one of those. Very cool

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yes the GLI L-Boxx is super useful. I have one and really like it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I really need to get one of those. Very cool

Would definitely be nice to give one a try

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Been curious about those 3D printed clips, they did appear to have a rough printed finish. Great to see them utilized for your particular needs, well done. For indoor use I have the L-Dolly and love the casters, the ball bearings make moving any weight load as effortless as dancing is to Baryshnikov. For getting around I typically use the L-Cart and a wide velcro strap handle which works better than the supplied Bosch Bungee. If I’m going directly to a vehicle the Dolly works great, if I’m lugging cases on the NYC Subway the cart is best. Obviously you’re moving quite load so this solution is great!

Hard to decide part of me would like to build a custom base, the other side of me is so happy with the L-Dolly! It’s great to see these forums, useful information to glean and dispense in turn!

Nice setup @hangman.
    It’s a shame that Bosch won’t release the lighted L-BOXX here in NA.
    We have another member ( @utopia78 ) that loves his L-DOLLY and lugs it around on the Toronto Transit System.

— Glenn Botting

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Nice setup @hangman.
    We have another member @utopia78 who loves his L-DOLLY and lugs it around on the Toronto Transit System.

— Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

this i want, makes it easier to lug up stairs and into the back of my truck.
    is this or something similar to this available to the lboxx?

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Wow That’s a lot of L Boxxes. I never seen so many stacked up.

Hangman
    Pro

Thanks! The L-Boxx system thrills me to no end and keeps me organized. Unsure if there is another thread going of modifications & organization? If so please direct me because I have much more to share in this area. One of the things about lugging the the L-Boxx around is some tools scrape the inside a draw or without an exact fit tray. Since we may use a variety of other tools how does one counteract damage? Well I have the lid inserts when I need to have tools and items more snug, that doesn’t aid the bottom or drawers or the L-Boxx themselves.

At a local fabric store I picked up a large roll of red foam. The foam is great because it matches the Bosch Red & Blue color scheme. So I trace the inside shapes and cut the red foam to fit the drawers or box bottoms. In fact the red foam insert works so well because tools and items show up very clearly. To keep the foam in place I use several 3/4 inch squares of adhesive velcro to keep my inserts in place. The velcro is great because I can easily remove the foam if damage, also I can clean out the boxx or drawers too!

Here is a photo of one of the L-Trays with the foam cut to fit, hopefully it will be a solution or innovative inspiration to others.

Attachments:
    Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Gliporta led is amazing I have eon Ean did am still gonna do lboxx 3d and replace the Portales on top switch the lids. Xl cart is pretty sturdy and have a huge tires. I load lboxx on it and secure it with the strap it comes with. You can carry lot of stuff with it.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Hangman
    Pro

Yes it’s not too difficult to swap L-Boxx lid covers to switch out the Porta LED. Generally I utilize it with my impact driver for installs, so the pair together well in that L-Boxx. Typically I’ve run it off a 6.0ah Battery, although now the Core doesn’t fit into that L-Boxx 2 case. May decide to swap the lid onto and L-Boxx 3 instead, if so I’ll post video or photos.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.322 seconds