dcsimg

Mobile invoicing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

First let me say that I started branching out on my own in 2011. From day 1 I have used mobile invoicing to keep track of my electrical business. I love the simplicity of it and my customers typically love that I can give them a bill or estimate while still on the job site. I have even taken my printer in order to hand them a printed invoice on the spot.

Last year my goto invoice app (invoice2go) was redesigned. What was a one time fee now became a subscription based app. To adequately fulfill my needs and potential growth it would now cost me $150 USD annually. I switched to a new one time purchase app (invoice maker pro) this year but have been less satisfied with it.

Discussion:

Which invoice app do you use?
    What are the main features you like about it?
    What areas could be improved?
    How do your customers respond to you being mobile?
    Are there other apps you use in your business for customer relations? (Inventory management, time sheet management, etc.)

Thank you in advance. I am hoping from this discussion to make my decision about which invoice solution to start the new year with. Also, maybe to inspire others to make the switch to mobile invoicing.

Anything is possible if your wallet is thick enough ~ my father

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I started out using Joist, mostly because it is free….its easy to use, but is very simple. After a few months, I graduated to QuickBooks. It is not free of course, but does so much more. Tracking purchases and sales are easy once you have all of your accounts properly synced with the program.

I hear that Square has an agreement with Quickbooks now as well that will record payments into your system…need to look into that!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

I started out using Joist, mostly because it is free….its easy to use, but is very simple. After a few months, I graduated to QuickBooks. It is not free of course, but does so much more. Tracking purchases and sales are easy once you have all of your accounts properly synced with the program.

I hear that Square has an agreement with Quickbooks now as well that will record payments into your system…need to look into that!

I didn’t care for joist since you had to provide email and they sent me a welcome to joist email. It made me feel like they would be monitoring all my invoices. I will have to research quick books especially since I use square already. Thanks Jon for the input.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I don’t do as much billing and invoicing as you probably do but I have been using the square for about a year now and I can’t complain. I have been doing a couple small side jobs here and there and it works great for me. Most of the time I end up eating the small fee because the amounts billed are not huge, but on a couple of the bigger bills I built in the fee and most people were understanding. They wanted to use a credit card and if I could not have accepted a cc I probably would not have had the work. I am happy with the square. Another perk is you have the money the next day. I am not sure about other things as the turn around as when you have access to your money

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Anonymous
    Inactive

@gdhaywood Like @jponto07 said.. Quickbooks is the most efficient, thorough way to go. Has made it so easy at tax time. I also have my Quickbooks hooked up with a mobile scanner. Every single evening when I come in I get all of my receipts out of my purse or pockets, scan them in, and you can export everything to Excel or Quickbooks from it…then I put them in the folder for that job.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@gdhaywood Like @jponto07 said.. Quickbooks is the most efficient, thorough way to go. Has made it so easy at tax time. I also have my Quickbooks hooked up with a mobile scanner. Every single evening when I come in I get all of my receipts out of my purse or pockets, scan them in, and you can export everything to Excel or Quickbooks from it…then I put them in the folder for that job.

That’s very high teck @TaraC , I thought you said in some post you were starting a deck today? Will you start a thread on it?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@dirtywhiteboy tried, but weather not cooperating. SO here at mil condo. Yes, high tech, but keeps my cpa from getting mad at me…he’s the one whom told to grab that and made me promise to scan my receipts every day lol..I listened, and been very good with last year and a half. Yes, will start a thread..already calling it my candy cane deck because of colors Ho’s chose 🙂

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

.already calling it my candy cane deck because of colors Ho’s chose

Holy cow How many Ho’s will the deck hold??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

gdhaywood Like jponto07 said.. Quickbooks is the most efficient, thorough way to go. Has made it so easy at tax time. I also have my Quickbooks hooked up with a mobile scanner. Every single evening when I come in I get all of my receipts out of my purse or pockets, scan them in, and you can export everything to Excel or Quickbooks from it…then I put them in the folder for that job.

A mobile scanner? Looks like a very handy way to input receipts!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Both of the mobile apps I mentioned have a receipts scanner using the camera. One problem I have with invoice maker is that it doesn’t share the images between devices. You also have to do a manual back up and restore to get the same information between devices. I would really like to find a mobile solution that doesn’t involve taking my laptop but allows flexibility of using either my iPhone or iPad.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.380 seconds