dcsimg

Miter Saw Stands

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 641 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

With baby on the way, we needed a little more space. We are currently in a teeny tiny apartment.

Maybe if you didn’t have 85 L-Boxxes you’d have more space???

That’s funny I was thinking the same thing , you beat me to it ! :-)

Some thing are best left unsaid,,,,

That’s funny!

Wonder if he’ll have a travel l-boxx dedicated with diapers, wipes, bum cream and such. Lol!

Here is the miter saw stand loaded up. It is a tank. And I definitely think drawers would be nice…

I can see how you would like to use the space under the saw, but access to those boxes has to be a little tough, especially if they are clipped together. Drawers would definitely make it a much more usable option.

I may just put those white clips back onto the l-boxxes for quicker separation, but it really isn’t too bad getting access to them – not much different from being stacked on each other on the l-dolly.

fantastic work John. Super nice table you have to going there!

Thanks!

John S

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Finally got another setup.
    I wasn’t happy at first because the stand was so tall, but I cut the legs down today to match my saw horse height because I’ll be working with some decking tomorrow. So now I have as much support as I need. Now I can focus on making some extensions.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

Finally got another setup.
    I wasn’t happy at first because the stand was so tall, but I cut the legs down today to match my saw horse height because I’ll be working with some decking tomorrow. So now I have as much support as I need. Now I can focus on making some extensions.

Looks like a really portable setup. Will you need to use your extensions for continuous support all of the time? What are your plans for the extensions? @asevereid

John S

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Continuous support is not a requirement for me, but it would be handy. Also if I can squeeze a few options into the extensions (Kreg Jig, coping clamp, repeat stops, etc) then that would be super.
    It is really portable now as well. The whole setup takes up less space than my prior stand, and is way lighter and easier to get into sites.
    I think I need to build a mini OA table to “L” off of the planned extensions.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

What are your plans for the extensions? @asevereid

Plans are for Smart people… I just wing it 😀

AndyG
    Pro

I built mine ..35 lbs ..extends to 24 feet ..Kreg trak system slips on …rides under workbench in trailer .

Doobie

I built mine ..35 lbs ..extends to 24 feet ..Kreg trak system slips on …rides under workbench in trailer .

Very smartly done Andy! I would likely have done something similar for that need.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

AndyG very nice miter saw stand. Almost looks like a piece of furniture.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

As the others have said, That is very nice. I like the way you use the locking mechanism to hold the saw in place.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

AndyG
    Pro

Why wait for someone else to figure out what you want ? Mine has a deeper table for cutting shelves, dog holes to clamp material and interchanges with the wings in my cabinet shop. I built it on 3/4 runners so my festool guide rails can store beneath it. All I’m trying to get across is this: you guys have talent and skill….don’t rule out building your own work equipment.

I built my own stand based loosely on some plans I saw online. It has folding wings on the sides so it can extend around 10 feet long. I will try to get some pictures this weekend.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Im going to have to rebuild mine when I get the time, I regret not making one with the wings. I ran in to difficulties cutting longer pieces of wood without a helper when I was building the beds.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Im going to have to rebuild mine when I get the time, I regret not making one with the wings. I ran in to difficulties cutting longer pieces of wood without a helper when I was building the beds.

You can always buy a portable side stand. They are not that expensive.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

AndyG
    Pro

Here are the wings

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I am ready for a couple new stands. I just set up on the floor today with the 8 inch Hitachi to cut a few pieces of shoe. I would like a little lightweight rig for this saw, and something more substantial for the 12 inch Milwaukee.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I am ready for a couple new stands. I just set up on the floor today with the 8 inch Hitachi to cut a few pieces of shoe. I would like a little lightweight rig for this saw, and something more substantial for the 12 inch Milwaukee.

When I bought my Milwaukee saw it came with a stand . The stand itself is very well made and easy to use .

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwaukee-12-in-dual-bevel-sliding-mitre-saw-free-stand-with-purchase/906228

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

When I bought my Milwaukee saw it came with a stand . The stand itself is very well made and easy to use .

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwaukee-12-in-dual-bevel-sliding-mitre-saw-free-stand-with-purchase/906228

I bought my Milwaukee at Home Depot about 6 years ago. For whatever reason they had them on clearance at the time. I got it for $299, so no complaints. That stand does look nice, I wonder if it is available separately.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here are the wings

Really like how the wings dovetail into the main table. Makes for a very sturdy work area when it is all set up.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I bought my Milwaukee at Home Depot about 6 years ago. For whatever reason they had them on clearance at the time. I got it for $299, so no complaints. That stand does look nice, I wonder if it is available separately.

Yes you can get the stand by itself , im not sure what the price is though .

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 641 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.334 seconds