dcsimg

Miter Saw Stands

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 641 total)
  • Author
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Does anyone have a particular miter saw stand that they like or dislike?

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I have used a few stands over the years and I have never been really impressed. I run a Hitachi 12″ dual bevel and unfortunately Hitachi discontinued the “Hitachi UU610 Miter Saw Stand”.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I have 3 different mitre saw stands and they are all different but all work pretty well .Milwaukee has a pretty heavy duty stand .

Does anyone have a particular miter saw stand that they like or dislike?

Are you asking about any particulars? Are you wanting just the stand or something with wheels? My buddy has had good luck with some of the different Dewalt stands

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

John, I am not sure exactly what I am looking for. I just know that I need a stand and I would like it to be compact but with the ability to add rollers for long stock.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I have 3 different mitre saw stands and they are all different but all work pretty well .Milwaukee has a pretty heavy duty stand .

I wanted to take a look at the Milwaukee one but it appears to be discontinued.

When I was in the market I look at the Fast Cap Best Fence option — it was pretty rugged and was based as the Saw Helper design, which is no longer available. I have read good things about the Ridgid stands and DeWalt. I think Bosch makes or used to make a model that was similar and one has little wheels which could be nice. The Fast Cap option as rubber wheels that would be nice to move over construction debris, but you do risk flat tires or having to pump them up.

Orange County, CA

The cool thing with this system is that you can buy the wings with or without a stand and it gives you options. The wings are wide and you calibrate the stops for absolute zero — accurate for repetitive cuts.

Here is a link:

http://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/viewContent.asp?idpage=195

Orange County, CA

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

Jason, definetly don’t want to go cheap on one of these. I have used ones that were not sturdy and a pain to collapse. I would definetly drop the $ for one with wheels.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

The cool thing with this system is that you can buy the wings with or without a stand and it gives you options. The wings are wide and you calibrate the stops for absolute zero — accurate for repetitive cuts.

Here is a link:

http://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/viewContent.asp?idpage=195

This looks exactly like what I am looking for. It looks beefy and I do like the pneumatic wheels. They may have a bit more maintenance but they can absorb impact better than plastic or urethane.

I also really like how compact it gets when its in transport mode.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Jason, definetly don’t want to go cheap on one of these. I have used ones that were not sturdy and a pain to collapse. I would definetly drop the $ for one with wheels.

Good call Brendon, there is no reason to cheap out on this buy. The last thing I want is a precision saw with a wobbly table.

redwood
    Pro

I have the FastCap Pro model. It’s great. It’s also a little heavy, and large, but it transports easily.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Attachments:
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Thanks for the perfect picture Mark. That looks like a really quality setup.

Step 1) Buy the FastCap Pro Model
    Step 2) Get a sweet Festool miter saw!
    Step 3) Get better at woodwork
    Step 4) Sucess

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

HAHA, nice Jason. I would work on Step 3 while saving up for Step 2:-) I have found that I learned more about wood and woodworking having to deal with lower level tools than jumping into top of the line. People who have lazers and big setup equipment some time struggle when they get on the jobsite and have to work with “lesser” equiptment.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

That is valuable advice Brendon. It is like learning math with with a graphic calculator and skipping the hand written learning. But then again I think I am addicted to tools to I might have to cheat a bit.

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

Not gonna lie, those Festools are sweet!:-)

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I would never pay more for a stand than what the saw is worth .There are plenty of good solid stands out there for less than $ 200.00

I have the FastCap Pro model. It’s great. It’s also a little heavy, and large, but it transports easily.

This is one reason we all drool over Mark’s setup 🙂 He keeps getting chances to rub it in our faces on BTP somehow too… man 🙂

John S

Maybe this ought to be in the dream section, but I would not complain about having this in my shop:

http://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=46215

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

In a perfect world a man would have the money and space for such a sweet shop setup!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 641 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.115 seconds