dcsimg

Miter Saw Fences!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    redwood
    Pro

My understanding is that the Sawhelper was the go to fence for serious contractors. One day it just disappeared.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Jason, do you have a saw now that you would like a fence for? The basic FastCap system is pretty much adaptable to any miter saw.

I have a dual bevel 12″ Hitachi saw right now that is very serviceable. If the system is adaptable then I think I would be safe getting it now. I just didn’t want to spend the coin only to upgrade my saw down the road and have to scrap the fence.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

The sawgear is a slick system. I remember it from previous conversations we had here. I would love to get one of those for my shop, but I don’t really need it for the shop I have right now. An accurate fence is all I need.

redwood
    Pro

Jason, do you have a saw now that you would like a fence for? The basic FastCap system is pretty much adaptable to any miter saw.

I have a dual bevel 12″ Hitachi saw right now that is very serviceable. If the system is adaptable then I think I would be safe getting it now. I just didn’t want to spend the coin only to upgrade my saw down the road and have to scrap the fence.

Jason, I have the Pro version, which includes the stand. You may not want that. My fence does not actually attach to the saw itself, though they do have a direct connection available for the Kapex. I think that Cali might have that.

A story that I think that I’ve posted before here. I purchased V2 in Oct., a few months later I saw that they had a new version. I called and asked about upgrading and the sent me a new version for free.

I would suggest contacting FastCap and letting them know what you would like to do. They have great customer service.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s great to hear about the FastCap service RedWood. That in itself sells the product.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I almost bought the Fastcap set up a couple of years ago… It looked like a great system. But I do not need to be highly mobile and opted for a different set up. I wish the Saw Helper was still around. Very well regarded. Fatcap I think has a lot of similarities for a good price.

Orange County, CA

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I too can attest to their service. Right after I ordered, one of their design guys I think he was an engineer called me personally to make sure everything was ordered correctly. It was a breadth of fresh air in this day and age of automated systems. I didn’t even ask to be called.

I know this is a DIY version, but these extensions are pretty sweet….

http://festoolownersgroup.com/member-projects/festool-kapex-extensions

Attachments:

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I always find it funny when I see a kapex on a elcheapo stand.

Dirty

I always find it funny when I see a kapex on a elcheapo stand.

True, but the festool stand isn’t exactly nice on the wallet either, and the stand isn’t as essential for making true cuts as the saw itself is.

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Still looks like lipstick on a pig to me.

Dirty

Still looks like lipstick on a pig to me.

lol that is definitely one way to look at it. what a hilarious phrase – well said 🙂

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Hahaha. Lipstick on a pig. I feel that way about lots of my junk.

I wish I could see a set of those fastcap extensions first hand. Maybe I just need to bite the bullet and order a set.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Hahaha. Lipstick on a pig. I feel that way about lots of my junk.

I wish I could see a set of those fastcap extensions first hand. Maybe I just need to bite the bullet and order a set.

I have seem them at the big tool sales with the dealer reps there selling and showing the stuff. They look really nice.

Dirty

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

You can order them by the foot custom. I have two 8 footers now

When I update my dewalt saw . I going either fast cap or festool saw fences . But for now its cheap dewalt miter stand .

Attachments:

Always willing to learn .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

When I update my dewalt saw . I going either fast cap or festool saw fences . But for now its cheap dewalt miter stand .

Man that one has material supports that goes on the rail and a extra wide one on the end.

Dirty

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I would like to find the material supports they have on that stand.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

They sell them on Amazon . Or go to dewalt website and search there miter saw attachment’s . They bring you to the online seller .

Always willing to learn .

Here is the support stand:
    http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW7028-Miter-Extension-Support/dp/B004UOG4P2

and the rolling attachment:
    http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW7027-Roller-Material-Support/dp/B004UOG4V6

or an attachment with a material stop
    http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW7029-Miter-Material-Support/dp/B004UOG4H0

John S

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.531 seconds