dcsimg

Miter Saw Fences!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Can we talk about miter saw fences because there are some killer ones out there like the one CaliDecks and RedWood uses.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

The BestFence by Fastcap is really highly regarded and seems super easy to set up and get great results. One of the benefit’s Mark has mentioned is the fact that he can extend his fence as long as he wants/needs, which is pretty sweet.

John S

redwood
    Pro

That video reviews V2 and I think that they are up to V5.

Are there any similar fences out there from other manufacturers?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I have always wanted a solid fence for my miter saw but I need one that will work with the saw and the Bosch gravity rise stand. Does anyone have any suggestions? I can definitely get by with clamps and the support arms but a better fence and clamping system would be welcome.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Are there any similar fences out there from other manufacturers?

A couple different companies make fence systems for shop use but I don’t think anybody else makes a portable system. There was a company called Sawhelper that made a portable system but I think they are out of business.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

One thing I might add, is the fence I bought is 59″ I think they increased the length to 64″

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I have always wanted a solid fence for my miter saw but I need one that will work with the saw and the Bosch gravity rise stand. Does anyone have any suggestions? I can definitely get by with clamps and the support arms but a better fence and clamping system would be welcome.

That best fence is designed for the Bosch saw and the gravity rise stand. You just have to purchase the adapters and the actual fence sits on top of those.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Thanks for the info RedWood. 1more try?

Dirty

redwood
    Pro

Very good Video Dirty. I have a slightly older Beta version. Not quite as refined as the final model. I’m pretty sure that they changed the fence and stops from my model. One of my complaints that they acted upon, was that when you raised the stop out of the way, you could lose your placement. They fixed this by redesigning the stop and fence.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Here’s what my stop looks like, it just has a Handel that raises up and down, doesn’t have the threaded lock like the one in the video

Attachments:
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

That fast cap fence is a nice piece of tool. You could also look at the Saw Helper Ultra

http://www.sawhelper.com/sawhelper_ultrafence_videos.php

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

That best fence is designed for the Bosch saw and the gravity rise stand. You just have to purchase the adapters and the actual fence sits on top of those.

I kind of thought that but I wasn’t positive. Thanks for the heads up.

They certainly are not cheap but man that is custom made for my setup. I would probably want to wait till I get the Kapex or Axial glide before pulling that trigger since it is saw specific as well.

http://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=44566

redwood
    Pro

That fast cap fence is a nice piece of tool. You could also look at the Saw Helper Ultra

FYI, if I am not mistaken, Sawhelper is out of business. For whatever reason, there website is still active and they have been gone for at least a couple of years. Fastcap tried buy them out, but it did not happen.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

redwood
    Pro

Jason, do you have a saw now that you would like a fence for? The basic FastCap system is pretty much adaptable to any miter saw.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s also a nice fence but seems a bit more economical. Maybe it’s lacking some of the bells and whistles of the BestFence?

Dirty

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

The only thing that concerns me about the bestfence is the plastic connection that connect the fence to the saw. It might be a little weak and the pins stop holding and the front of the fence lifts a little. But I think they have an unlimited warranty.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

How long have you been using that bestfence CaliDecks?

Dirty

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I’ve been using it for about a year now.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

FYI, if I am not mistaken, Sawhelper is out of business. For whatever reason, there website is still active and they have been gone for at least a couple of years. Fastcap tried buy them out, but it did not happen.

Well, that is interesting. I didn’t know, but I’m not in the market either. I just remember seeing it when I was looking up fences.

Well, that is interesting. I didn’t know, but I’m not in the market either. I just remember seeing it when I was looking up fences.

I hadn’t heard of sawhelper, but every time we discuss miter saw fences it reminds me of http://www.sawgear.com/Products/SawGear.aspx Again, it is a specialized product that is going to cost some serious cash up front, but I suppose if time is money for you, it could be worthwhile.

John S

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.619 seconds