dcsimg

Mirka Ceros Sander

This topic contains 26 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Skillman 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

My older PC does ok but something with less vibration is needed with my RA

There are 2 really nice low vibration Bosch sanders available as rewards – the ROS65VC-6 6″ Rear-Handle Random Orbit Sander with Vibration Control and the 3727DEVS 6″ Electronic Variable-Speed Random Orbit Sander/Polisher. You might want one or both. There is a review thread on each.

Mirka is releasing a 5″ pad for there sander . Easy swap out of your 6″ pad . It’s coming in a medium pad . Also the holes fit with festool paper . Guys really think it’s better then festool sander .

Always willing to learn .

Doobie
    Pro

Just so people know. I spoke to Mirka on the phone not that long ago. Apparently on the new Deros models, you can swap out the 6in pad for a 5 inch pad on the 6in sander, but they do not recommend doing the opposite. Meaning that the model that is sold as a 5inch model, you shouldn’t swap a 6inch pad on it. It may not perform properly and it lends itself to vibration issues.

@doobie the new 5″ pad is weighed the same as the 6″ pad 130 grams .

Doobie
    Pro

It had something to do with the way it attaches to the sander is different on the 5in Deros versus the 6in Deros. I have the 5in Deros so I didn’t overly take note of what the Mirka fellow was saying about it as it a moot point for me as I didn’t want to get a 6in pad for mine anyways once he said it was not ideal to do so.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Mirka is releasing a 5″ pad for there sander . Easy swap out of your 6″ pad . It’s coming in a medium pad . Also the holes fit with festool paper . Guys really think it’s better then festool sander .

now i haven’t really looked in to festool paper but is it better than abranet? i am really liking the abranet on my 1250devs, it really just takes it to a new level.

It had something to do with the way it attaches to the sander is different on the 5in Deros versus the 6in Deros. I have the 5in Deros so I didn’t overly take note of what the Mirka fellow was saying about it as it a moot point for me as I didn’t want to get a 6in pad for mine anyways once he said it was not ideal to do so.

I’m sure it would be ok for occasional use . Then agin if they sad it worked on both models no one would buy the other if they needed two . Lower there profits made .

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.402 seconds