dcsimg

Mini-review of Cambell Hausfeld Gas/Battery Powered Framing Nailer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I’m building a garage at my place this fall and I’m stocking up on tools while the weather cools down. I generally buy the best tool I can afford but I ran into what might turn out to be a decent deal.. a Campbell Hausfeld gas powered 30 degree framing nailer for $60.

Most of my experience is with tile and this is my first framing gun so I don’t have much to compare it to but after shooting 20 or so 3″ nails into scrap wood it seems to be a pretty solid tool.

The setup was real straight forward, charge the battery, put the fuel and nails in (both Paslode) and get to nailing. The depth adjustment was pretty close for the 3″ nails, just slightly proud so I adjusted it slightly with the included allan wrench and all was good.

The construction of the unit seems pretty solid, somewhat heavy duty plastic and metal in the right places. To be honest, I don’t understand why Campbell Hausfeld isn’t selling these for a whole lot more. I’m wondering if this is a rebadged no-name chinese unit or a short run of a product they decided not to go with. For the price my expectations aren’t set too high. Mostly, I’ll just be happy if it holds up through the garage project.

I picked mine up from CPO since they somehow get all my orders to me overnight but I see that it’s available on a couple other sites as well. Amazon review were positive enough for me to impulse buy it.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I have a set of their regular air framing, trimming nailers and you get what you pay for , They work but not built for commercial work .

I have a set of their regular air framing, trimming nailers and you get what you pay for , They work but not built for commercial work .

Yeah, there’s no way I would have bought this unit sight unseen, with just a handful of reviews if I were using it for anything other than a personal project.

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Great review @onecaribou. Thanks for contributing. Users sharing knowledge is what makes this site what it is.

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Thanks Jim!

Great review @onecaribou. Thanks for contributing. Users sharing knowledge is what makes this site what it is.

Jim

Wow, didn’t even know they had a cordless nailer. It looks like a re-branded Paslode/Senco/Powers nailer. We have a Senco & Powers and they are tempermental in the cold.

Sounds like it did the trick for what you needed it for.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Wow, didn’t even know they had a cordless nailer. It looks like a re-branded Paslode/Senco/Powers nailer. We have a Senco & Powers and they are tempermental in the cold.

It’s a strange duck for sure. I hadn’t seen it before a couple months ago and it isn’t on the company web site. Hopefully it can handle the fall weather when I start the garage project.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

My thoughts exactly! It reminds me of a Passlode.

Is the Allen wrench adjustment a normal feature? I don’t think ANY of my nail guns require tools for adjusting the depth.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

It’s kind of an old-school design.. made me think it as a clone of something.

monman1
    Pro

Looks like its a re-branded paslode, but for $60 you cant go wrong.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Eric Thank you for the review. Very helpful information.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Eric Thank you for the review. Very helpful information.

Thanks Bill.

I’ll followup with some heavier use when I start building the garage next month.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Definitely looks like the Paslode, had an opportunity to play with one when I had new windows installed a few years back.
    Sometimes it’s nice to be able to work with out any type of cable in the way. Be it air or electrical.

ThanX for the review.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Good review . Thanks for sharing the info with us.

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

Thanks for the review, nicely done.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.398 seconds