dcsimg

Mini chainsaw

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author

Who knows? I don’t know how to use it. But this is very interesting. I am looking for a super heavyweight chainsaw, what would you recommend? I found thischainsaw review, is it fair?

I not very knowledgeable about chainsaws , one thing though if you say you want a super heavyweight I think you should look at the gas models.
    That being said the battery ones have come a long way ,
    Not quite as powerful but less noisy and no gas
    A bonus is that if you are already invested in one of the tool companies that makes it like Milwaukee or DeWalt
    Makita or if you have any Ego lawn equipment they have some decent battery operated chainsaws.

I’m sure one of the members will chime in soon enough , especially some people who have more experience than I.
    Good luck , looking forward to seeing what you decide.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Who knows? I don’t know how to use it. But this is very interesting. I am looking for a super heavyweight chainsaw, what would you recommend? I found thischainsaw review, is it fair?

I not very knowledgeable about chainsaws , one thing though if you say you want a super heavyweight I think you should look at the gas models.
    That being said the battery ones have come a long way ,
    Not quite as powerful but less noisy and no gas
    A bonus is that if you are already invested in one of the tool companies that makes it like Milwaukee or DeWalt
    Makita or if you have any Ego lawn equipment they have some decent battery operated chainsaws.

I’m sure one of the members will chime in soon enough , especially some people who have more experience than I.
    Good luck , looking forward to seeing what you decide.

I have the Makita battery chainsaw and have been very happy with it. The battery life seems good and the power is fine. I really like not having the constant noise of a gas saw and I believe it is a little lighter that my gas saw of a similar size. I bought it as the kit with the double charger and 4 batteries. I have probably close to 10 other Makita batteries so I think I could almost cut all day with it if I were just trimming and not bucking up large trees.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

It depends on your applications and what you mean by “super heavyweight”.

Do you need portability? You can get chainsaws that are gas powered, corded, and cordless. Obviously the corded is not that convenient if you have to climb up, or stand on the edge of the roof and have to always drag along and untangle a long extension cord.

Also do you need reach? If so you might consider a pole saw which gives you an added 10′ to 12′ reach instead of having to get right up to what you are cutting. But if your application is to mostly cut away fallen tree branches blocking a path or road, then you don’t need the reach. Some pole saws today are “2 in 1”. Allows you to remove the pole in the middle so you have both a regular chainsaw and a pole saw.

The entry cost of a cordless battery chainsaw is probably higher since you have to get the saw, the batteries and charger to get started. Unless you buy the lime green basic version LOL.

What about a STIHL?

Super heavy duty can be very dangerous.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

This guy can do some crafting with a chainsaw. 1:06 into the video.

Why do they always set up the camera on the side away from the fall LOL?

Doobie

Who knows? I don’t know how to use it. But this is very interesting. I am looking for a super heavyweight chainsaw, what would you recommend? I found this chainsaw review, is it fair?

I think this new member is just here to drive people to the review website she hyperlinked. Can’t prove it, but that’s what I’m thinking.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well if you don’t know how to use it I would stay away from a chain saw,, they are very dangerous.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have the Makita battery chainsaw and have been very happy with it. T

I need to get a cordless chainsaw and the Makita unit looks really nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Well if you don’t know how to use it I would stay away from a chain saw,, they are very dangerous.

Very true. Not a good idea for someone who has never used one to try and use a SUPER HEAVY DUTY chainsaw.

Man, those guys in the videos using big chainsaws doing plunge cuts with no protection, they have steel balls.

Doobie

Man, those guys in the videos using big chainsaws doing plunge cuts with no protection, they have steel balls.

They could also be as dumb as the stumps they make too!

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Check these out LOL! Amazing what people do.

Doobie

Check these out LOL! Amazing what people do.

Unbelievable some of the dumbass things people do. Especially dumb was the guy who has his ladder perched up higher on the tree from where he was cutting off its trunk. Now that is truly clueless!

Doobie

OK video that explains the difference in why an angled cut versus a flat cut doesn’t work.

Very good point

thanks for the details..

Alber8
    Pro
    Los Angeles, California

Can anyone suggest which the best between Bosch mini chainsaw and DeWalt Reciprocating tool ?

Alber8
    Pro
    Los Angeles, California

LOL!! Its very funy 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.358 seconds