dcsimg

Milwaukee Tool to Acquire Empire Levels

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    RSG
    Pro
    Niles, OH
    hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

Hmmm. Interesting but not surprising these days.

I wonder if the logo will have to change from “True Blue,” to “If it’s not Red, it’s dead!”

The way of the world. The big get bigger.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I returned my last Empire for a Johnson. Milwaukee seem to be pushing the hand tools, this move makes sense. Wish Bosch would get into this market a little more.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Dewalt is doing the same

Thatkid
    Pro

I returned my last Empire for a Johnson. Milwaukee seem to be pushing the hand tools, this move makes sense. Wish Bosch would get into this market a little more.

That would be interesting to see some Bosch hand tools and what improvements they would come up with. I have used some of the Milwaukee hand tools and been quite impressed. Their fastback utility knife has earned a permanent place in my tool belt. I also like their linesmen plyers with 14 and 12 ga wire strippers.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Funny Milwaukee is owned by TTI and so is Stilleto Hammer yet they call it,,Milwaukee’s Stilleto Hammer Line. Milwaukee is only a name used by a Hong Kong corporation that has Chinese tools manufactured. Milwaukee a former great tool co. now is a Chinese co. with a American name.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techtronic_Industries

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I’ve also been impressed with the Milwaukee hand tools that I’ve bought. I have 3 of the fast back knives, a pair of dikes, the tape measure (the blade in that tape is VERY durable), and I of course love the inkzall. I have a few empire levels and they’re good (not as nice as my stabilla levels though).

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Any empire level I’ve seen was out of level. Some if their newer stuff looks decent but I’ll keep my tried and true sola or stabilia levels.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Dewalt is doing the same

DeWalt has gone full blast into hand tools – hammers, tapes, chisels, ratchets, sockets, pry bars…

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Dewalt is doing the same

DeWalt has gone full blast into hand tools – hammers, tapes, chisels, ratchets, sockets, pry bars…

Most of it is just re-branded Stanley hand tools.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Who was the tape measure manufacturer it references they bought , I can’t find it anywhere.

I think they keep Stiletto and Empire under Milwaukee to lend them credibility. A lot of companies buy other companies through subsidiaries to keep them under one line of management.

Another example is the Berkshire Hathaway owns Mitek (Truss components) and Mitek owns USP (framing connectors)and 13 other companies in the construction products realm. All are run as separate companies under the umbrella of Mitek and the larger umbrella of Berkshire

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

Has been for quite a few years now.

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

Stanley made rebranded planes in the early 1900’s.

Heck I own 2 Stanly Sweet Hart planes made in Canada. Just imagine. <G>

Thatkid
    Pro

Dewalt is doing the same

I noticed that today. I have a dewalt angle utility knife and some one eels had a Stanley fatmax knife and they were basically the same knife. Same thing with their chalk lines but I like the dewalt better because I broke a fatmax line after 1 day.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

very correct about the dewalt stuff simply being rebranded stanley,, same goes for the bostich line, their all the same parent company since 2009,

im not really a fan of the empire levels, they seem a little chinsy and every johnson level ive ever seen new or old wasnt accurate so i typically buy fatax extreme levels

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

I should clarify… the empire levels that I have are the true blue line, they cost almost as much as a stabilla and I’m certain that they have a lifetime warranty as well.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The True Blue levels seem to be MUCH better than the lesser models. I picked up a 12″ torpedo the other day and cut the crap out of my hand on the thing. There was a nasty bur on the side of it that I caught just right…

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Also, my local Sears seem to be putting their Empire stuff on clearance. I was in there for the first time in a while the other day and the entire line was marked down.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I should clarify… the empire levels that I have are the true blue line, they cost almost as much as a stabilla and I’m certain that they have a lifetime warranty as well.

I have a couple of the Empire True Blue levels – they do have a lifetime warranty on them. I don’t have any Stabila levels but I do have a 6′ Sola, the True Blue levels are comparible.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.532 seconds