dcsimg

Milwaukee One Key

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

it is interesting however when I am working on a project I don’t necessarily have my phone out nor will I want to risk my expensive cellular phone on a job site that will break my connection to the world.

Yeah, I’m only seeing the inventory/fleet management component as the only useful function.

The user definable profile options aren’t even that good nor do they actually have well defined torque settings, you’re effectively doing the same thing as you’d do with the clutch on the drills or the trigger/3 mode settings on the impacts. There’s no well defined driving torques nor can I set the thing up in such a way that lets me repetitively drive screws and bolts down with finess on the torque. It isn’t a drywall gun where it’ll cut out on depth either.

I’ll admit, it’d be nice to “tweak” certain settings (Ex: The lowest speed impact RPMs on an impact driver) or have the driver “cut out” slowly, but most of that I can control with a trigger and I don’t need a “braindead” mode to mash the trigger down and then let the tool slowly finish off a screw.

If anything they really haven’t done anything new but expose the controller side settings to the user with a little bluetooth chip to talk to to the smartphone. Its a great way to scream “innovation” and claim that all the other tool companies are “un-innovative” while making a buck off a few groups. One side you got the fleet/corporate users that’d find it useful. On another its the tool shelf queen guys that have to talk about the advertised specs and marketing videos of their favorite tool brand smashing all the others up.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Yeah, I’m only seeing the inventory/fleet management component as the only useful function.

The user definable profile options aren’t even that good nor do they actually have well defined torque settings, you’re effectively doing the same thing as you’d do with the clutch on the drills or the trigger/3 mode settings on the impacts. There’s no well defined driving torques nor can I set the thing up in such a way that lets me repetitively drive screws and bolts down with finess on the torque. It isn’t a drywall gun where it’ll cut out on depth either.

I’ll admit, it’d be nice to “tweak” certain settings (Ex: The lowest speed impact RPMs on an impact driver) or have the driver “cut out” slowly, but most of that I can control with a trigger and I don’t need a “braindead” mode to mash the trigger down and then let the tool slowly finish off a screw.

If anything they really haven’t done anything new but expose the controller side settings to the user with a little bluetooth chip to talk to to the smartphone. Its a great way to scream “innovation” and claim that all the other tool companies are “un-innovative” while making a buck off a few groups. One side you got the fleet/corporate users that’d find it useful. On another its the tool shelf queen guys that have to talk about the advertised specs and marketing videos of their favorite tool brand smashing all the others up.

Good observations. If torque is to be controlled effectively, a transducer and associated control circuitry is necessary. The speed control and bluetooth connectivity IMO is a first step in innovation. Lets see where this is going.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Would be good to bump the Fuel 1/2″ High Torque Impact from the current 100 Ft/Lb to a more usable 300 Ft/Lb torque setting.

That’s the one instance that crossed my mind, too.

Wouldn’t it be cool to set it to the exact torque spec you need. Don’t need torque sticks if you can dial in the exact amount.

Don’t think it’ll be that precise, you can set an RPM but what torque you get from it probably varies quite a bit.

But while in its current form it’s not particular useful, it could have some interesting features down the road.

I’m sorry but this One Key we be a big flop for Milwaukee . Not enough people are tech savor . Why would I want to change speeds of my drill . Just use your fingers on trigger .

Always willing to learn .

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

im with skillman on this… leave this sort of nonsense tech to dewalt who know that their outclassed by milwaukee , bosch and makita… its their way of scamming the mob group followers into buying their junk

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’m sorry but this One Key we be a big flop for Milwaukee . Not enough people are tech savor . Why would I want to change speeds of my drill . Just use your fingers on trigger .

Kind of like the ryobi phone system/bosch apps. Is anyone still successfully using the bosch app?

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I downloaded the Bosch app once but I already have apps to do the calculation/conversion it does, so I uninstalled it.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

yah not many people have the extra hand to pull out the phone to turn it on then look for the app and then start the app to then click on the appropriate button.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

yah not many people have the extra hand to pull out the phone to turn it on then look for the app and then start the app to then click on the appropriate button.

Google glass, lol.

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

Not for me.

Just some other thing to go wrong.

And I try to discourage smartphones on the job site. They have a place but just another excuse to see your FB account while setting your drill.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Google glass, lol.

lol i totally forgot about them as they are still not universal yet, the batterylife still sucks on it. however I still want one.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Is the one-key technology useful or just a gimmick? I’ve seen conflicting opinions elsewhere, so I’d be interested to know your opinion.

Are there any videos of what and how this works.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

It would be a great feature for when we have to put on our crosby clamps on our safety tie backs for our swing stage beams. We should tighten them to 30 pounds. Would be great to just set this on the phone before doing the setup. Also no more crimped/weakened tiebacks from guys over tightening

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

It would be a great feature for when we have to put on our crosby clamps on our safety tie backs for our swing stage beams. We should tighten them to 30 pounds. Would be great to just set this on the phone before doing the setup. Also no more crimped/weakened tiebacks from guys over tightening

That would be awesome, if you can set something like that with the socket driver you would safely re tighten lug nuts and not worry about under or over tightening them.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

So you’ll be able to set preset torques with the One Key? Sounds useful.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

One key sawzall is coming out soon, I think it’s gonna definitely be a hit. The option to dial in the speeds is a real game changer.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

im with skillman on this

Not for me.

Just some other thing to go wrong.

I will say it will be a flop too. Just not the way it should be done. I don’t think the GCs will want to out fit their employees all with phones to use it.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Once again, you don’t need a phone to use these tools. You only need to sync with the app once to set the custom profiles. After that there is no need to have a phone synced up with the tool, everything is stored in the tools internal memory.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Once again, you don’t need a phone to use these tools. You only need to sync with the app once to set the custom profiles. After that there is no need to have a phone synced up with the tool, everything is stored in the tools internal memory.

You just can’t teach an old dog new tricks, if some of these guys were born 50 years earlier they would probably say the same thing about cordless drills when they first came out. Lol

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.342 seconds