dcsimg

Milwaukee One Key

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Do any of you guys find these new features attractive?
    http://toolguyd.com/milwaukee-one-key/

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was curious what the One-Key thing was actually going to end up being, so thanks for posting that up, @supimeister.

I think this will appeal more to the OCD-ish tool-polisher type, obsessed with stats and whiz-bang features, than to the actual pro user. I don’t see myself needing to customize the settings on any of my Milwaukee stuff, and that was about the most appealing aspect, to me. I certainly would not pay extra for this.

As a contractor, what I care about is power and runtime in my cordless, and quality / durability in my tools in general, obviously.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Meh, another excuse to hike the price?

4 setting on each drill, 4 on each impact, I don’t think I can even remember what’s what after a while.

Also the electronic clutch on drill? Didn’t Bosch try it on the 12v angle driver and the review for that has been quite dismal?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I can see a benefit for driving a large quantity of screws, self driling self tapping for example, where starting speed and rundown speed could be programmed differently. Fewer stripped fasteners would be the result.
    Definitely aimed at production applications.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

I think this will be marketed towards the larger companies running multiple crews. Tool management, inventory control, and serive reminders is my take of it.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

The inventory control is the only aspect I see that would really be beneficial, mostly larger companies that need a tool management system. It is cool technology but I don’t really see a need for it.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Youngin
    Pro
    Edmonton, AB

I don’t see a use for in my professional work but it’s a step in an interesting direction. I’m curious to see what this will turn into in the future. It sounds like you’ll have to option of buying a tool with or without.

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

I don’t even have a “SmartPhone”.

Doesn’t look like something I would even remotely interested in.

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

I am a little surprised nobody here is excited about it for themselves, but it isn’t for everyone.

Does anyone feel like “more electronics = more problems that lead the tool to need repair” may hold true for this sort of thing? Or not really?

John S

Youngin
    Pro
    Edmonton, AB

I am a little surprised nobody here is excited about it for themselves, but it isn’t for everyone.

Does anyone feel like “more electronics = more problems that lead the tool to need repair” may hold true for this sort of thing? Or not really?

Current tools and batteries are already loaded with more electronics than years past. I doubt a bit more is going to matter.

I’m a residental carpenter though and wouldn’t get the same use out of it as my roommate who is a commercial electrician.

There will come a day when these features are standard and all units are going to sold with it. It’s a matter of time.

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

I rather talk on the CB than a cell phone, and I’m not even that damn old.

I not a fan of all this automated, electronic, app-based stuff coming out. I’d rather have something that’s durable and functional.

After hearing about the new Dodge Ram that can be hacked remotely, and all the electronics in my truck, I’m just tired of all the crap.

Off Topic: I have a ’04 F-350. It was having a voltage regulator problem, and voltage was around 10.4 volts. I was driving down the highway, trying to charge the batteries, and because it has an electronically controlled transmission, it didn’t know what to do with itself, so it just locked up, and sent me skidding towards the cliff, and the ocean below.

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Absolutely! Tools get abused…no surprise there. Sensitive electronics had better be robust if they are going to survive in a tool. Personally, I think it’s a dumb move if they want to market this to pros. I don’t have enough time to mess with the app associated with the tools…if my tools aren’t performing to my liking, they get replaced. Plain and simple.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I rather talk on the CB than a cell phone, and I’m not even that damn old.

I not a fan of all this automated, electronic, app-based stuff coming out. I’d rather have something that’s durable and functional.

After hearing about the new Dodge Ram that can be hacked remotely, and all the electronics in my truck, I’m just tired of all the crap.

Off Topic: I have a ’04 F-350. It was having a voltage regulator problem, and voltage was around 10.4 volts. I was driving down the highway, trying to charge the batteries, and because it has an electronically controlled transmission, it didn’t know what to do with itself, so it just locked up, and sent me skidding towards the cliff, and the ocean below.

Delta

I know what you mean…Who is the genius that said “Hey, let’s take this $30k truck and mske it’s operation almost totally dependant upon this $7 sensor from Sri Lanka?”….

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I think it’s a good idea, and I’m sure we’ll see all the other big brands jump on this too. I just can’t see myself using these extra features. Maybe just too much too soon?

Would be good to bump the Fuel 1/2″ High Torque Impact from the current 100 Ft/Lb to a more usable 300 Ft/Lb torque setting.

I’d like this feature.

Youngin
    Pro
    Edmonton, AB

When the One Key enabled impact wrench comes out you can program it to whatever torque you want.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Would be good to bump the Fuel 1/2″ High Torque Impact from the current 100 Ft/Lb to a more usable 300 Ft/Lb torque setting.

That’s the one instance that crossed my mind, too.

When the One Key enabled impact wrench comes out you can program it to whatever torque you want.

Thought that’s what it said in the link.

That’s the one instance that crossed my mind, too.

Wouldn’t it be cool to set it to the exact torque spec you need. Don’t need torque sticks if you can dial in the exact amount.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I think this will appeal more to the OCD-ish tool-polisher type, obsessed with stats and whiz-bang features, than to the actual pro user.

Very well put sparkman!! I think it’s just silly is a good word to use as it shouldn’t offend anyone.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.320 seconds