dcsimg

Milwaukee M12

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

I’ve been looking at the 12v line of drill. Which set should I purchase and why?

kzcarp
    Pro

If you are looking for a starting point to build a tool arsenal upon the Milwaukee is a good place to start. They have a crazy array of tools available in the 12v. line.
    If you are just looking for a couple of cordless 12v. maybe a drill and impact, then you should look hard at the Bosch too. The drill, driver and the impact are as good or better than the Milwaukee. Bosch also has a starter kit with a L-box and 2 batts and a charger. Milwaukee doesn’t offer this option, but has a ton of bare tools for sale.

kevin

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

their m12 line is great. depending on what your looking to do either brushless or bushed tech is great.. makita leads the 18v lineup with over 70 tools out right now and more coming in the new year… plus their going to be adding to their 12v lineup

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Hey Matthew,

Here are some helpful (and sometimes random) thoughts on 12v lines…
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/12v-lineup-battle/

Man, I was looking for a picture that showed all of the Milwaukee 12v options, but I am not sure it exists… And if it did, it would be a TON of tools.

John S

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

you cant go wrong with the milwaukee m12 line. I would also start with the basic drill and maybe a impact driver. Maybe assess if you really need the impact though. I work without one, and do just fine. Milwaukee has a great lineup for the M12 endless amount of tools

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

you cant go wrong with the milwaukee m12 line. I would also start with the basic drill and maybe a impact driver. Maybe assess if you really need the impact though. I work without one, and do just fine. Milwaukee has a great lineup for the M12 endless amount of tools

I have seen the oscillating tool from milwaukee and the right angle drill up close in the 12v line and they both perform great

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I would recommend the M12 right now if you are looking to get into a 12 volt line. The reason I say that is they have a tremendous amount of accessories and tools in the 12V line and it doesn’t look like they are slowing down any time soon. Not only that but they are brushless which will give you more power and run time in a smaller package.

The Milwaukee 12v Fuel versions of their tools are brushles. Not all of their M12 offerings at this time are brushless. My answer to your question would be the 1/2″ Fuel Drill and Fuel Impact Driver. The brushless is supposed to give more power, more battery life and a longer tool life. The are on my Christmas list as I have many of the M12 tools already and they do not disappoint.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

LIFETIME ON THE BATTERY AND TOOL!!

I have met more than one contractor who swears by their Rigid power tools.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have! I know a few that swear by the wormdrive saw!

Hey all for clarity’s sake, let’s try to keep the diversity of 12v conversation over at this topic
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/12v-lineup-battle/

and keep this topic more designated towards discussing just the Milwaukee 12v line. There are plenty of tools in that line to merit its own topic for sure anyways – especially considering how many of you guys are users…

John S

Ah, I am not sure we have a Milwaukee 18v topic, but I would rather not create one at the moment… I hear most of you guys talking more about the 12v anyways… BUT here is one of 4 recent reviews these guys did on some of the new 18v FUEL tools…

http://www.protoolreviews.com/news/milwaukee-m18-fuel-grinder/8930

John S

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I’ve been hooked on the M12 lineup for a long time now. I now have the M12 Fuel Impact, the flashlight and LED torch, Rotary (dremel) and Oscillating tools and plan to add in the right angle and Fuel drill / driver in the future – maybe a jacket as well. The nice thing is not only the variety but also the battery technology. There batteries are nice and slim, the tools are still light and longevity is great as well. Even with heavy Oscillating tool work I find the cordless tool has no problem doing work that I would normally call a ‘corded’ job. I haven’t used my Fein corded in months because the M12 is so convenient. Having accumulated a mass of batteries now I have no regrets about going with the M12 for my 12 volt line. The inspection camera and wall scanner also look pretty cool. It’s almost as bad as a Festool green addiction.

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

Thanks for everyones input. I currently own the M18 impact,drill, and reciprocating saw and radio. So I think I will stay with the RED (Milwaukee), for Christmas.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I just went on a Milwaukee 12v spree the last couple of days. M12 drill and driver,multi-tool and heated hooded sweatshirt. The ups packages are going to be great this week!

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Jim is this your first dive into the M12 line?

How did you decide on the hooded sweatshirt over the jacket?

And by the way that is an impressive way to get into a set of tools!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just went on a Milwaukee 12v spree the last couple of days. M12 drill and driver,multi-tool and heated hooded sweatshirt. The ups packages are going to be great this week!

Did you catch a sale somewhere or go with the big A ?

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Jim is this your first dive into the M12 line?

How did you decide on the hooded sweatshirt over the jacket?

And by the way that is an impressive way to get into a set of tools!

I have a friend that has the sweatshirt and the jacket. I stopped by his place today and tried them both on. I decided on sweatshirt because I want to wear it underneath a heavier winter jacket. I do to much caulking and painting and getting dirty and I dont want to ruin either one. So easier to protect the hoodie than the jacket. And I am also going to win a bosch jacket tomorrow so the hoodie was a easy choice!

Did you catch a sale somewhere or go with the big A ?

I caught a nice deal on ebay for the milwaukee stuff besides the hoodie. It was the multi tool with a bunch of accessories, drill, impact drill and the 56 piece drill bit set along with 2 batteries and a charger and a carrying bag for 160 bucks. Was to much stuff to pass up!

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

That was a pretty sweet deal, but don’t worry, the Bosch jacket is going to be mine…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.582 seconds